Opinion With Fogarty out should we try offload a half?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No chance of offloading anyone, Raiders have 3 back up halves that can do the job including Schneider who will get his chance... called the kid out after the first trial and played even better in the second. Seems Sticky saw the same.. This kid and Deardon will have big years.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett is to blame
Here
- takes him off after 6 rounds-like who did we have to step up.
Now he refuses to put him in and nobody wants to buy him

Barrett is the poison here !
I agree his has been mismanaged but Flanagan is also to blame. There were times he was oblivious to his form and didn’t look seem like improving. He may get a chance if he starts killing it in NSW cup and we are losing games.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's not going to improve. He is what he is at this point. Montoya couldn't have played worse with us and has still started for the Warriors since then. A team will sign Flanagan eventually. Whether it's here or in England. Again, it just depends how much freight Gus is willing to pay..
He’s got improvement in him based on last year, he was much better at the roosters,

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Stop twerking for Flanagan, you don't even need to have any inside info to know he's miles off ever playing for us again. He dead set got sympathy minutes in the trials lol.
Gus was saying something about him playing halfback this year , don’t be surprised when he does

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett is to blame
Here
- takes him off after 6 rounds-like who did we have to step up.
Now he refuses to put him in and nobody wants to buy him

Barrett is the poison here !
So he should have left him there all year? Flanagan? Lol

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s got improvement in him based on last year, he was much better at the roosters,
I understand trying to give him a chance but Flanagan made similar mistakes at the roosters. It wasn’t as obvious due to the stars around him. There’s a reason why the roosters punted him for an unknown rookie.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You fail to realise that Elliott and Montoya could offer something in the right environment. They looked extra bad in a bad team coz every move was scrutinised.

Flanno has had chance after chance and im serious when i say this but i dont think ive ever seen a player play worse and worse in all my years of watching the game. Even Brad Morrin offered more....
I agree he's useless. But he'll eventually find another club here on in the SL. That doesn't mean he'll play a tonne of FG. But a club will take a chance on him at the right price once once they get some injuries.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now seems like the perfect opportunity to offload Flanno or Wakeham to the Raiders. Surely both of them are ahead of Frawley in ranks?

If nothing else Flanno’s money next year gives us a better chance of picking up a decent halfback?
We haven't got a half to offload.......don't you mean pretend half........

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hard to sell Flanagan. The few cameos he's had in first grade for us have been shit.

I think he will go to the UK.
Not one club there wanted a bar or him

Ricky has backed young playmaker Brad Schneider

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You don't offload halves unless u have a replacement locked in. Letting them go won't help us, just reduce the little depth we have there. There aren't any halves available to replace them with right now
I think we would be ok if we offloaded Flanno, we have that other fella whose name escapes me completely it could be Josh Ralph? Really guessing on his name but he would still be a better player than Kyle and that may have been part of the thinking in obtaining him.
Of course if Avo doesn't work out I see your point re depth but he still isn't good enough for FG anyway.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Raiders have Schneider and Subloo that are better than our options despite inexperience

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhahs if the club played him in the Ron Massey cup he might rediscover some confidence and play a few reasonable games, and then give him a few games in our CC team.
If he manages a few half decent games their, we might be able to offload him to a SL club, paying some of the frieght to play for another NRL club dosen't sit well with me, also I cant see anothet NRL club paying 10 cents for him.