Will we win a comp under Hasler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We were never really tested in this game and tbh the 2 tries souths scored were fairly soft.
I thought souths really tested us in the first 20 of the second half and we did well to hold them out,

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Des' stubborn, boring, and predictable tactics on show again today. 8 tries and 6 line breaks. Perrett kicking infield for Hoppoates try, tries scored with a deep line set, players being smartly instinctive and creating chances off the back of a dominant forward pack. Well after putting the queue back in the rack the Dogs make a break down the right side with superb passing and hole hitting, and then combine nicely to put Rona over a few tackles later.

Bad games happen, and losing can be hard to take sometimes, but this is not a team on the precipice of a disaster. Failing an unlucky run of injuries, this team is going to play finals football, and as everyone knows, in finals footy anything can happen.

Try to keep yourselves together next time we have a tough loss, could be next week, could be the week after. We will have more losses, more bad days, but they are not the end of the world.
You're an idiot. 1 win doesn't make up for what's been happening for the past 3 years.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we finish top 4 after regular season we will win the comp.
No coincidence our halves have looked better when our pack are running hard off the back fence so let's hope this becomes the rule going forward rather than a novelty

for the record I don't have a favourite in this current squad but could see that Eastwood tightens that middle up nicely. What stats don't measure is how hard he bangs them in the early exchanges and little things in attack like splitting two defenders for a quicker play the ball winning the ruck etc.

Nice long break for the boys to get over niggles after a tough opening month then they return to Belmore with hopefully Lichaa back

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is our best chance to win the comp. The Broncos and Cowboys are the best teams and I believe on our best day we can beat both.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So the anti des group wins the argument hands down after yesterdays win.
We threw the ball out. Forwards ran forward like they supposed to and shock horror the halves had more time to give the ball to the backs and we were more dangerous in attack. He needs to allow the dogs to play like this every week. Not just a once off against very weak opposition.

Reactions: GDR

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another example of black or white logical fallacy. This reasoning is something George W Shrub was good at, because it is lazy and simplistic.

Personally I am pro Hasler for so long as the club chooses to employ him. He is the head coach of the blue and white. I'm also a realist, and figure that a guy who has got the team to two GF in four years and is yet to miss the finals is unlikely to get fired, at this point in time anyway. Its amusing to see some on here blow their tops when faced with this simple fact, they bluster and call the person who stated the fact a "Hasler lover". Guess what, Wayne Bennett has won 7 premierships as a coach. Fact. I guess now I am a "Bennett lover"?

Also none of us have any power whatsoever concerning his ongoing employment, and when you realise that being against Des is akin to bashing your head against a brick wall, you get to decide whether you really want to keep doing that or not.

Rather than being against Des personally, I am against some of his decisions, but choose to express my opinions without resorting to extreme adjectives or use of statements that are plainly factually incorrect. Arguing or discussion that relies on statements that are at least partially grounded in reality has the potential to change my opinion. Unfortunately such argument or discussion is usually thin on the ground in this forum.
Wow u actually wasted a few mins of your life writing that dribble??

Waterboy
Reaction score
hmm seems like many are back on the Dessy bandwagon LOL i guess a win will do that.

GoDoGgiEs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow u actually wasted a few mins of your life writing that dribble??
Be objective and either point out what you don't agree with, or don't like, and why. Otherwise your statement has pot/kettle written all over it.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des' stubborn, boring, and predictable tactics on show again today. 8 tries and 6 line breaks. Perrett kicking infield for Hoppoates try, tries scored with a deep line set, players being smartly instinctive and creating chances off the back of a dominant forward pack. Well after putting the queue back in the rack the Dogs make a break down the right side with superb passing and hole hitting, and then combine nicely to put Rona over a few tackles later.

Bad games happen, and losing can be hard to take sometimes, but this is not a team on the precipice of a disaster. Failing an unlucky run of injuries, this team is going to play finals football, and as everyone knows, in finals footy anything can happen.

Try to keep yourselves together next time we have a tough loss, could be next week, could be the week after. We will have more losses, more bad days, but they are not the end of the world.
Before the game I said we'd win by 30 points and we did, that is because souths were heavily under manned and aren't shit without Adam Reynolds and even more so without Sam Burgess. We've flogged teams before with Des, I'll wait till after origin to see where we are at.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Before the game I said we'd win by 30 points and we did, that is because souths were heavily under manned and aren't shit without Adam Reynolds and even more so without Sam Burgess. We've flogged teams before with Des, I'll wait till after origin to see where we are at.
That's pretty wise. Dare I suggest that it apply for all games, regardless of the result.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's pretty wise. Dare I suggest that it apply for all games, regardless of the result.
Bulldogs are to inconsistent for that, one moment you've won 7 in a row and then you only win 5 of your last 14 games (2014) and then you somehow recover from losing to the titans while leading 18-0 and go on to make the Grand Final.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bulldogs are to inconsistent for that, one moment you've won 7 in a row and then you only win 5 of your last 14 games (2014) and then you somehow recover from losing to the titans while leading 18-0 and go on to make the Grand Final.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.