Will we win a comp under Hasler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I have been a staunch supporter of Des since he came to the club but I am starting to feel we will not win with him coaching our team. After the Manly game we all felt there was a reason for optimism but it's taken just 2 weeks and we have slipped back into the pathetic structure that has been cruelly torturing fans for 3 years.
We have little to no flair, same duds are picked week in and week out, we have no ability to play ad-lib football and we are so robotic we cannot adapt to situations as they arise, we cannot sustain pressure with repeat sets, our forwards hinder us every time we are in their 20 (Tolman does 2 hit ups every time we are attacking their line), we do not have any killer instincts. It's sad but we are a fucking rabble.
The worst part is we will continue to be good enough to make the 8 but we will only ever be there to make up the numbers. We are a long way off the top teams.
People will say that no try cost us but honestly that shouldn't have been an issue as we should have been 2 tries up after 20 minutes.
I'd be interested to know what others think.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have wanted Des gone for a while, i hate the style of footy and struggle to enjoy our ganes these days.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
if we play the way we played the first game , we will win every year,

what we saw in last 2 games is the same shiit since 2012.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No and I could of told u that before a ball was kicked in 2016
Way way way too slow all over the paddock

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im not sure but the good news is we probably will make the finals for a 5th time in a row, we have to go back to the 1940's to see that sort of consistency

btw steve folkes (club legend, GF winning coach) was not re-signed at the start of 2008 despite making the finals in his previous 2 seasons so apparently we have high standards and making the finals is not enough to keep the job

DroidDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have been a staunch supporter of Des since he came to the club but I am starting to feel we will not win with him coaching our team. After the Manly game we all felt there was a reason for optimism but it's taken just 2 weeks and we have slipped back into the pathetic structure that has been cruelly torturing fans for 3 years.
We have little to no flair, same duds are picked week in and week out, we have no ability to play ad-lib football and we are so robotic we cannot adapt to situations as they arise, we cannot sustain pressure with repeat sets, our forwards hinder us every time we are in their 20 (Tolman does 2 hit ups every time we are attacking their line), we do not have any killer instincts. It's sad but we are a fucking rabble.
The worst part is we will continue to be good enough to make the 8 but we will only ever be there to make up the numbers. We are a long way off the top teams.
People will say that no try cost us but honestly that shouldn't have been an issue as we should have been 2 tries up after 20 minutes.
I'd be interested to know what others think.
Much of the same, Hasler has become very predictable in the past few years, Parra read us like a book. Unfortunately Hasler has to go.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, after the manly game we had it in the bag,
Week 3 and we can't win the comp,
I love the kennel,

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is a myth and a stubborn boring old man
Too bloody negative and this is portrayed in everything he does incl team selections

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love the kennel,
Manly showed how shit they were and disguised our performance a little thanks to brayden williame and Dylan walker

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I say yes. When im not sure. We'll wait and see when we have our full strength side on.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dymock or Cleary for me
Cleary got the best out of the Warriors and took Penrith to within a game of the gf

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see it anymore, I mean there is always the what if we had our full squad out there with No injuries argument.. Might be a different story. But I'm getting bored to death by our game plan to be honest.

When dymock took over Moore we played some brilliant attacking football.. We might not of had the defence but we made up for it with our attack.

Kinda wish Des would focus defensive structure and dymock got the attacking responsibility.

In the end it's early days..ill wait until we are mid year before I pull out the sack des card.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is Steve Mortimer available? Lol

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im not sure but the good news is we probably will make the finals for a 5th time in a row, we have to go back to the 1940's to see that sort of consistency

btw steve folkes (club legend, GF winning coach) was not re-signed at the start of 2008 despite making the finals in his previous 2 seasons so apparently we have high standards and making the finals is not enough to keep the job
Personally I'd rather win a comp once every 10 years and not make the finals in the others then be consistent. The sharks made the finals 7 times in 8 years from 95 to 2002.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the kennel,

first game was a one off game to get our hopes high.

we are back to our terrible game what we are used to seeing under des.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Waiting for the usual suspects to say we made the finals every year and we made 2 grand finals but lost them. Apparently that's good enough.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ill be 36 this year and this is the longest I have had to wait for a premiership.

Can't see super coach winning us one.

Status
Not open for further replies.