Will we win a comp under Hasler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to us losing him and then going through many years of hardship when dymock isnt the next warren ryan.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Until changes are made we won't win the comp. Plain and simple.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Des is a hard headed arseclown who thinks consistency is the key. Consistency is the key when the players you have, have the ability to be consistent. Not consistently picking useless players who are consistently rubbish just to try and prove a f*cking point about consistency.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Given in 4 seasons we've not missed the finals and gotten to the GF twice, hard to Des going anywhere. And no matter how we may feel about individual games, the overall success rate speaks for itself. Des isn't a god, but as it stands we have more chance getting a Premiership in the next 4 seasons with him in charge than anyone else.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need a halfback in the Copper Cronk mould badly. We don't have a kicking game and no real playmaker and until we do we won't be getting anywhere near a premiership.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waiting for the usual suspects to say we made the finals every year and we made 2 grand finals but lost them. Apparently that's good enough.
I have found my long lost twin

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know but something has to change!!! If we play like we did tonight, against a team like Souths they are going to pants us, every day of the week and twice on Sundays!!!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
agree 100% stanley and perrett is disgraceful
I really don't understand why Hasler insists on playing the same style and continually pick out of form players.

Stanley and Perrett out, holland and Phillips in.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need a halfback in the Copper Cronk mould badly. We don't have a kicking game and no real playmaker and until we do we won't be getting anywhere near a premiership.
Doesn't matter who we sign, won't improve shit until we change our structure. Our halves are played as extra centres atm.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have been a staunch supporter of Des since he came to the club but I am starting to feel we will not win with him coaching our team. After the Manly game we all felt there was a reason for optimism but it's taken just 2 weeks and we have slipped back into the pathetic structure that has been cruelly torturing fans for 3 years.
We have little to no flair, same duds are picked week in and week out, we have no ability to play ad-lib football and we are so robotic we cannot adapt to situations as they arise, we cannot sustain pressure with repeat sets, our forwards hinder us every time we are in their 20 (Tolman does 2 hit ups every time we are attacking their line), we do not have any killer instincts. It's sad but we are a fucking rabble.
The worst part is we will continue to be good enough to make the 8 but we will only ever be there to make up the numbers. We are a long way off the top teams.
People will say that no try cost us but honestly that shouldn't have been an issue as we should have been 2 tries up after 20 minutes.
I'd be interested to know what others think.
Agreed

I will add that it all comes down to letting our halves dominate play and call the shots.
Perfect example was when Mbye opted to grubber in goal (early in the 1st half) to get a try and/or line drop. Yes the pass could have easily delivered a 4 pointer, however Gutherson could have easily intercepted or we could have dropped it as they were up in the boys faces...
Moses delivered and got us a repeat set, something we all were crying out for when Reynolds and Hokko were our halves pairing. In the ensuing set we looked likely but then Kasiano decided to play halfback with Graham at 2nd receiver and throws him one of the worst passes ever and just like that all the pressure was gone.....

If Des just drums it into the players heads that they need to play there traditional role we are quite the footy team imo... because honestly all we had to do there was swing it right and sweep back on the 4th so Mbye could have time and space to deliver good ball to the left edge, which lets be honest is our strength... so why do we always play away from it ???

Sad part is though we usually win due to off the cuff plays.... Pretty much all of our tries are notably different, set plays are quite the novelty for this side.... and i guess thats why inconsistency and errors creep in. Although they did try the move Perrett scored with against Manly... we only tried once and failed, then went back to our old ways...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Looking forward to us losing him and then going through many years of hardship when dymock isnt the next warren ryan.
Im actually excited to see Dymock eventually get a shot. Not that i want Des out, he's fine, just needs Luke Brooks to compete his side lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter who we sign, won't improve shit until we change our structure. Our halves are played as extra centres atm.
Oh yeah I agree 100% when Tolman touches the ball atleast 5 times a set you know there's huge issues

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Waiting for the usual suspects to say we made the finals every year and we made 2 grand finals but lost them. Apparently that's good enough.
Its the reality of the situation. The Board is unlikely to let him go, they'd get booed out of Australia if the next coach can't even get us into the finals. Show us the last time a coach with Des' record over the last four years got fired. If you can't accept that reality, then just be unhappy.

There is more going on here anyway. Des had a strategy back in 2012, and a team built for that strategy. Some whingers convinced the NRL to outlaw one technical issue with the strategy, and Des was left with the rug pulled out from under him. Quite honestly he could have thrown in the towel then, not because of the Dogs, because of the game.

There are a number of things I don't like about Des' style and tactics choices, but only a moron can argue with the results, and the reality is he is the coach for the blue and white, and you can either suck it up and cheer on the team, or be a sook.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Oh yeah I agree 100% when Tolman touches the ball atleast 5 times a set you know there's huge issues
The first 2 rounds our props handled the ball more than Reynolds lol. In what universe will that type of footy win you a Premiership?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its the reality of the situation. The Board is unlikely to let him go, they'd get booed out of Australia if the next coach can't even get us into the finals. Show us the last time a coach with Des' record over the last four years got fired.
He only has to miss the finals once and he'll be in Toovey territory.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I don't know but something has to change!!! If we play like we did tonight, against a team like Souths they are going to pants us, every day of the week and twice on Sundays!!!
Parra would've raped souths tonight

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm over the novalty of Reynolds. Bring in cooper Cronk in a role like Brett kimmorly in 2009 and mbye will learn a lot and be a better player for it. Perrett needs to go (both), we need Brett Morris back so friken bad, I am
Over tim Browne I know I'll cop hate for that but he just doesn't offer anything extra we don't need 5 tolmans in one team.
I say if we are still playing shit midway through the year, fuk Hasler off I'm sorry Hasler that's hard for me to say but this is a business and entertainment and you're just not providing. Put dymmock as head coach.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly what players has Des got to work with? Also whenever a decent player was on the market we couldn't nab anything which is more of a worry, I'm 100% sure there are players Des wanted at other clubs now we never bothered or wanted to spend cash on...

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We will win one when the NRL allows us to, really, what else can you say?

We all know where our season got derailed last year, and we finished up pretty good despite that (absolute bullshit, that hasn't really been hit anything close to that game).

This year, Round 2 we where singled out for a charge many many others had no issue with (but won because we actually challenged it).

Round 3, we just saw the birth of the review calling no try due to a forward pass........ on the fly rule change apparently.

At this point, I'm not sure if the NRL is corrupt or more likely, just brain dead incompetent retards, but I won't be buying memberships, tickets to games, or even watching on TV and giving ratings......... I'll be finding a illegal stream online to watch games, when I want to watch my beloved Bulldogs, and do it with a smile knowing I didn't contribute to the finances of these fucktards.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its the reality of the situation. The Board is unlikely to let him go, they'd get booed out of Australia if the next coach can't even get us into the finals. Show us the last time a coach with Des' record over the last four years got fired. If you can't accept that reality, then just be unhappy.

There is more going on here anyway. Des had a strategy back in 2012, and a team built for that strategy. Some whingers convinced the NRL to outlaw one technical issue with the strategy, and Des was left with the rug pulled out from under him. Quite honestly he could have thrown in the towel then, not because of the Dogs, because of the game.

There are a number of things I don't like about Des' style and tactics choices, but only a moron can argue with the results, and the reality is he is the coach for the blue and white, and you can either suck it up and cheer on the team, or be a sook.
I'm gonna be a sook lol. I love Hasler but I'm just getting over the same shit it doesn't feel like Bulldogs. Maybe Coz I grew up watching the dogs in late 90's early 2000's I can't accept anything less.

Status
Not open for further replies.