Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I didn't start it. Just wondering where all the naysayers are. Souths have no excuses and won't offer any, they were outplayed massively in the first half. Why would you give them excuses?
Im not giving them an excuse, they just played very flat and let us play the way we wanted. And as such we played straighter with more depth and speed and space opened up on the edges. But our structures were very similar. Yes we were improved, but we were put under very little pressure. Im not going to get excited yet.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one can say if we will win one or not, not with any coach the comp is to hard for that. What you can say is with Hasler we will always be a chance to win because he is that good, whether you like the style or not.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Des' stubborn, boring, and predictable tactics on show again today. 8 tries and 6 line breaks. Perrett kicking infield for Hoppoates try, tries scored with a deep line set, players being smartly instinctive and creating chances off the back of a dominant forward pack. Well after putting the queue back in the rack the Dogs make a break down the right side with superb passing and hole hitting, and then combine nicely to put Rona over a few tackles later.

Bad games happen, and losing can be hard to take sometimes, but this is not a team on the precipice of a disaster. Failing an unlucky run of injuries, this team is going to play finals football, and as everyone knows, in finals footy anything can happen.

Try to keep yourselves together next time we have a tough loss, could be next week, could be the week after. We will have more losses, more bad days, but they are not the end of the world.
Haha, you are showing the same overreaction after one win that you accuse others of showing after one loss.

If we play like this for 5 or 6 games then I'm sure plenty of people will be happy, problem is we have played alot of games like last week since 2013.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since he started coaching he has been the best coach in the comp. Made more GFs than any other coach since he started coaching.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Bro don't start seriously. In terms of structure we played very similar compared to last week. Souths just sat back all during the first hald and let us play the way we wanted.
Perfectly said. I always said out style only works well if the defence stands back. Once the defence rushes up we look lost.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha, you are showing the same overreaction after one win that you accuse others of showing after one loss.

If we play like this for 5 or 6 games then I'm sure plenty of people will be happy, problem is we have played alot of games like last week since 2013.
Phil Gould at half time "that was the most dominant half of football I have ever seen". I don't think I'm overreacting, in fact I went out of my way to acknowledge that it isn't going to be like that every week. I avoided use of extreme adjectives, made no hyperbolic statements. Show me where you see the overreaction.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Phil Gould at half time "that was the most dominant half of football I have ever seen". I don't think I'm overreacting, in fact I went out of my way to acknowledge that it isn't going to be like that every week. I avoided use of extreme adjectives, made no hyperbolic statements. Show me where you see the overreaction.

the nastradamus said at the beginning of the game that we will struggle to score points.

fcken Expert!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
if we can play like that for the rest of the year, I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong... I'll personally apologise to des himself.. But let's be realistic South's were woeful... But I will say this .. There were stages of that game we played some ad-lib footy and I loved what I saw... Only prob is those players may be reprimanded by des...

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh I couldn't care less what Phil Gould thinks and I don't overly value his opinions or biased views.

At the end of the day this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you are happy with the way the team plays week in and week out that's up to you and you're free to express that. But please don't tell people the way they should or shouldn't react after a loss.

And before you asked me where you said that

Try to keep yourselves together next time we have a tough loss, could be next week, could be the week after. We will have more losses, more bad days, but they are not the end of the world.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At the end of the day this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you are happy with the way the team plays week in and week out that's up to you and you're free to express that. But please don't tell people the way they should or shouldn't react after a loss.
I see, so its ok for the negative posters to go feral at anyone who even by implication disagrees with them, but when the shoe is on the other foot "hey man, back off, we can all have opinions".

Have a look back at some of the negative statements that were made after last week, and the way they were made. Pay special attention to the way people get attacked when they provide a few actual facts that show some of the negative statements to be baseless or worthless.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I see, so its ok for the negative posters to go feral at anyone who even by implication disagrees with them, but when the shoe is on the other foot "hey man, back off, we can all have opinions".

Have a look back at some of the negative statements that were made after last week, and the way they were made. Pay special attention to the way people get attacked when they provide a few actual facts that show some of the negative statements to be baseless or worthless.
Playing flat and one out plays won't win us anything cause we are easy to read, but today they threw the ball around and piled on points ,
Second half went back to forwards dominating and we only scored 2 trys

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why start trouble and bickering for ?
Just let it be and celebrate a good win for "our" team!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Playing flat and one out plays won't win us anything cause we are easy to read, but today they threw the ball around and piled on points ,
Actually about half our sets in the first half were one out forward runs until the fifth tackle when it was a kick or a play to the margins and being tackled with the ball.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
second half we took the foot off the pedal, nothing more nothing less. They picked up their game which is understandable, it will happen when you are down 32 at half time. Just take the win for what it was and that was AWESOME.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
second half we took the foot off the pedal, nothing more nothing less. They picked up their game which is understandable, it will happen when you are down 32 at half time. Just take the win for what it was and that was AWESOME.
TK can't wait and take shots at each other though lol. I could be taking shots at everyone that bagged Moses last season, but im not gunna be twat like others that wanna do the same every time one of there favourite players does something good lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TK can't wait and take shots at each other though lol. I could be taking shots at everyone that bagged Moses last season, but im not gunna be twat like others that wanna do the same every time one of there favourite players does something good lol
lol thats true, people wanted Hokko back last season. I will put my hand up and i bagged him, but i never wanted him gone he is good. Man that pass he threw to Rona was awesome, he is going to get better and better.

Its just the way of TK, very bipolar lol. Im just happy we smashed them and now i can watch the footy at ease this weekend.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Des' stubborn, boring, and predictable tactics on show again today. 8 tries and 6 line breaks. Perrett kicking infield for Hoppoates try, tries scored with a deep line set, players being smartly instinctive and creating chances off the back of a dominant forward pack. Well after putting the queue back in the rack the Dogs make a break down the right side with superb passing and hole hitting, and then combine nicely to put Rona over a few tackles later.

Bad games happen, and losing can be hard to take sometimes, but this is not a team on the precipice of a disaster. Failing an unlucky run of injuries, this team is going to play finals football, and as everyone knows, in finals footy anything can happen.

We were never really tested in this game and tbh the 2 tries souths scored were fairly soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.