Will the NRL even exist in the future?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Oztag and NRL to merge. Fuck we are almost there , the refs have merged.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a fan of players suing a game they chose to play.
Nasheed here,
Thsi is very short sighted because if Union/league/nfl demises then it’s a huge tragedy for the Pacific Islander community as so many get Rich and succes through the game.
Can’t see them becoming soccer or tennis players without footy.

Last edited:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So glad I watched rugby league when it was at it's best the 90's. I reckon the game will look like a glorified game of touch footy a decade or two from now, played by athletes and not footballers.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Junior rugby league should enforce the players to wear headgear.

I got stomped and kicked in the skull when I was a Junior!

Kids are more brutal against each other than adults, or at least used to be?

The attitude of they're just kids let them half fun doesn't fly.

One lady I know, her son needed plastic surgery after losing a piece of his face!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
NRL needs to reward leg tackles more. If you make a 1 on 1 leg tackle you should get an extra 2-3 seconds of holding them down.
Players seem to get knocked out a lot attempting low tackles with either poor technique or incidental contact with the hip

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Players seem to get knocked out a lot attempting low tackles with either poor technique or incidental contact with the hip
Wasn't an issue in the 90's & early 00's.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL will eventually die in the ass as it should, but not because of concussions... rather fans just turning their back on the sport as more and more do every year thanks to how incompetent the administration and refs are.

The game has never been more broken.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NRL needs to reward leg tackles more. If you make a 1 on 1 leg tackle you should get an extra 2-3 seconds of holding them down.
It'd a very simple fix that people have been calling for over the years.. But they refuse to do the most obvious and logical thing and instead change 57 other rules and interpretations and sin bin/send off everyone.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL will eventually die in the ass as it should, but not because of concussions... rather fans just turning their back on the sport as more and more do every year thanks to how incompetent the administration and refs are.

The game has never been more broken.
100% and where‘s Abdo & P V’L?

Suppose to be the NRL hierarchy but we hardly see or hear from them anymore.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It'd a very simple fix that people have been calling for over the years.. But they refuse to do the most obvious and logical thing and instead change 57 other rules and interpretations and sin bin/send off everyone.
Agree, but I was not happy when P V’L was appointed in the NRL.

Yes, he’s a great businessman and has made huge $$$$$ for Racing NSW with the introduction of new races and getting tax parity with Victoria with regards to BETTING Pools. He doesn’t really care about the product he’s only interested in making $$$$$ anyway he can as he has a wagering background and notice we’ve had one new team and no doubt there will be more as he’s only interested in gate takings, merchandise and wagering. As for game he couldn’t care less, it’s a means to an end.

Earlier this year when Danny Weidler caught him at the airport he was on his way to shore up betting on the NRL in Las Vegas and wants to hold games there if not next year the year after.

20 teams was a disaster when Quayle/Arthurson were doing something similar back in ‘95. That brought about the super league wars.

I wouldn’t be surprised, if his still with the NRL when the next TV rights come up, all games will be on pay tv and fans will be left watching women’s on free to air which I refuse to watch, not the least bit interested.

I can recall as soon as came into the NRL he stopped viewing for Telstra customers who had a deal with the NRL.

P V’L is nothing more than a leech, a real grub even if he does get results they’re only short lived the way he goes about it.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree
It should become the signature tackle.
Basically a legs tackle in a one on one means the ball player cannot play the ball until the legs tackler is at marker or ref can count to 5 until he can allow the PTB.

It might take away the broken field advantage from a line break where the cover defence makes a legs tackle (think of DCE on Chrichton in origin 2) but so be it.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was but it was play on and the physiques and speed of players has changed drastically since then too
No it wasn't. Players knew how to tackle then. There are more players knocked out from head highs & shoulder charges than leg tackles.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No it wasn't. Players knew how to tackle then. There are more players knocked out from head highs & shoulder charges than leg tackles.
You seem to know everything so maybe you can teach them how to tackle low without head knocks. Start with Ponga and Keary

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You seem to know everything so maybe you can teach them how to tackle low without head knocks. Start with Ponga and Keary
Nah I should just agree with you when you make up bullshit to not hurt your feelings.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nah I should just agree with you when you make up bullshit to not hurt your feelings.
You disagree with everyone for the sake of arguing and are never wrong just like bradyk. You must’ve forgot players like Toovey who was concussed all the time in low tackles but I can’t be bothered arguing with you. I have a job and friends. I remembered why I don’t bother commenting on your posts & why so many people block you. You’d never hurt my feelings haha

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If the nrl are serious they would just ditch the lock forward and have 12 v 12

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the future headgear may be mandatory.
They banned the shoulder charge which should be loosely penalized due to the fact most penalized shoulder charges were not dangerous.
Covid could not kill the NRL but its still sacrilege to see some of the things done to the game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the future headgear may be mandatory.
They banned the shoulder charge which should be loosely penalized due to the fact most penalized shoulder charges were not dangerous.
Covid could not kill the NRL but its still sacrilege to see some of the things done to the game.