Opinion Will AFB see out his 4 year Sharks deal? Yes or No??

Will AFB see out his 4 year sharks deal?

• yes

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • no

Votes: 44 72.1%

• Total voters

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Anyone who says no are just being bitter
Cronulla is a Great club, good stable team and he is getting paid good leb money (we helped them make it happen by taking Connor)

He has no reason to leave
You have praised every club bit the bulldogs
What are you fishing for?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You have praised every club bit the bulldogs
What are you fishing for?
You just feel that way because you’re a passionate Dogg supporter and don’t look at things without a biased lens. I do.
You take criticism personally as a result and display cognitive bias at times. Seeing things as you wish them to be as opposed to how things are.
Your mindset before a questionable signing for example like Dufty would be to be excited at his attacking prowess and be gee’d up for it and then when he fails and gets punted ‘he is shit anyway’.
Both times you’ll naturally side with the club.
Someone non bias would have looked at this and have serious questions from the get go. For example, with Naden and Jac in the front line and Dufty at the back are there not serious defensive holes in the backline?
Just one example.
im a student and fan of the game foremost and Doggs second. Doesn’t mean much except it just allows me to see things clear and unfortunately that isn’t favourable to the doggs that often lately.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You just feel that way because you’re a passionate Dogg supporter and don’t look at things without a biased lens. I do.
You take criticism personally as a result and display cognitive bias at times. Seeing things as you wish them to be as opposed to how things are.
Your mindset before a questionable signing for example like Dufty would be to be excited at his attacking prowess and be gee’d up for it and then when he fails and gets punted ‘he is shit anyway’.
Both times you’ll naturally side with the club.
Someone non bias would have looked at this and have serious questions from the get go. For example, with Naden and Jac in the front line and Dufty at the back are there not serious defensive holes in the backline?
Just one example.
im a student and fan of the game foremost and Doggs second. Doesn’t mean much except it just allows me to see things clear and unfortunately that isn’t favourable to the doggs that often lately.
I love the dogs and without them I will lose passion for ruby league.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the dogs and without them I will lose passion for ruby league.
Yeah I understand Uleh.
Buy you need to keep and wish upon the comp to be healthy or it’ll be boring.
Like how in cricket the ICC have neglected all countries except India, England and Australia and fans are losing interest.
We need to care about other clubs (maybe 1 or 2 exceptions if you feel it’s justified) but just support the doggs above them.
Imagine if Eels folded for example. That kills off a great rivalry.
Or if doggs beat eels 110% of the time. Would make it a meaningless matchup.
Another example of what I said earlier is congratulating or complimenting another club you take that as an insult. Don’t. It’s all gamesmanship.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I understand Uleh.
Buy you need to keep and wish upon the comp to be healthy or it’ll be boring.
Like how in cricket the ICC have neglected all countries except India, England and Australia and fans are losing interest.
We need to care about other clubs (maybe 1 or 2 exceptions if you feel it’s justified) but just support the doggs above them.
Imagine if Eels folded for example. That kills off a great rivalry.
Or if doggs beat eels 110% of the time. Would make it a meaningless matchup.
Another example of what I said earlier is congratulating or complimenting another club you take that as an insult. Don’t. It’s all gamesmanship.
It’s only going to get worse , they want a 20 team comp but yet there isn’t enough talent.
NRL will become like the English super league.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
It’s only going to get worse , they want a 20 team comp but yet there isn’t enough talent.
NRL will become like the English super league.
Having a salary cap is meant to even out the competition but the nrl go and allow tpa’s . Until they have a hard cap and value system players don’t move around like previous years.
setting up a national reserve grade with a high cap to keep players in the game in aus & under 21s comp that is semi pro the player distribution won’t work. The other thing is after the player retires they can’t be employed directly by the club or a percentage goes on the cap. As they did with JJ last season.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Having a salary cap is meant to even out the competition but the nrl go and allow tpa’s . Until they have a hard cap and value system players don’t move around like previous years.
setting up a national reserve grade with a high cap to keep players in the game in aus & under 21s comp that is semi pro the player distribution won’t work. The other thing is after the player retires they can’t be employed directly by the club or a percentage goes on the cap. As they did with JJ last season.
Even if they got the system perfect, there would still be poor coaches, dud administrators, out of depth CEOs, poor recruitment decisions, etc. All of these things cause problems, the NRLol cannot be responsible for struggling clubs.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
No it’s not, the primary objective of the salary cap is to stop clubs overspending on players and going bankrupt.

Always a Bulldog
On face value yes set a limit and don’t over spend than allow tpa and other bs into it but have a maz spend is meant to help distribute talent by limiting what they can spend on. The roosters show that doesn’t need to be done with the tap and life after footy crap .

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Even if they got the system perfect, there would still be poor coaches, dud administrators, out of depth CEOs, poor recruitment decisions, etc. All of these things cause problems, the NRLol cannot be responsible for struggling clubs.
That is true that’s why there will always be a winnner and loser. The difference is how long teams stay on the bottom and not having a draft means the only means is to buy your way out. Top tier players don’t move around anymore , and as we have seen at this club if you don’t develop your own and can’t buy your way out then bottom 4 is where you will remain.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
They will have a very good pack in 2025!
I think their pack regressed a lot this season compared to recent seasons. And they haven't added anyone to it for '24 so I'm not so sure they'll have a gun pack in '25.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He was at Manly for four years, will have been at the Warriors for four years by the time he starts his new deal, why wouldn't he play out four years at a club on the rise in Cronulla? You guys carry on as if he's agitating for a release every season. I'm not much of a fan of him as a bloke due to his past legal issues, but he would have been a huge get for us, and this thread is pure copium lol

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was at Manly for four years, will have been at the Warriors for four years by the time he starts his new deal, why wouldn't he play out four years at a club on the rise in Cronulla? You guys carry on as if he's agitating for a release every season. I'm not much of a fan of him as a bloke due to his past legal issues, but he would have been a huge get for us, and this thread is pure copium lol
@Flanagun even if he only stayed for 2yrs it's enough to get the club the Alpha prop we badly need. Warriors and Sharks freely offloaded players they didn't want to sign the type of players we badly needed Capewell (leader) and AFB (elite prop).

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct hes had a 9 yr career spent at just 2 clubs. Minimum 4 yrs spent at each. It really is pure copium. If we landed him we wouldve got minimum 3 or 4 great yrs from him and he wouldve been an incredible boost to our fortunes. He is a huge miss

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Flanagun even if he only stayed for 2yrs it's enough to get the club the Alpha prop we badly need. Warriors and Sharks freely offloaded players they didn't want to sign the type of players we badly needed Capewell (leader) and AFB (elite prop).
What hurts worse is we helped facilitate one of the chess pieces by taking curran off the warriors books