Opinion Will AFB see out his 4 year Sharks deal? Yes or No??

Will AFB see out his 4 year sharks deal?

• yes

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • no

Votes: 44 72.1%

• Total voters

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did the warriors get a player from Cronulla? They’d already agreed to release him for 2025… don’t think they were in a position to demand anything, fam.

But yes… it’s true that we don’t know the inner workings of the negotiations… I do think if you keep missing targets it gets to a point where people have to stop just dismissing it as an it wasn’t to be scenario. Let’s see how we go with May. If we get him, I’ll be happy.

thank you for at least acknowledging my point.
I’m talking about 2024 that’s why AFB came out and said for an immediate release than a month later backflips .

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the warriors get a player from Cronulla? They’d already agreed to release him for 2025… don’t think they were in a position to demand anything, fam.

But yes… it’s true that we don’t know the inner workings of the negotiations… I do think if you keep missing targets it gets to a point where people have to stop just dismissing it as an it wasn’t to be scenario. Let’s see how we go with May. If we get him, I’ll be happy.

thank you for at least acknowledging my point.
@Flanagun we are now in a position to offer overs for May who’s the 4th choice prop at Roosters this year and give into some of his demands. We have to pay overs he can have an easier prop life at Roosters or Panthers so we just have to go overs we just can’t match or in comes the brothers as part of the package. More so we have to pay overs after missing out on Leinu, Tino, Haas, Twal, Sele, D Saifiti and AFB and we didn’t even enter the contest for Flegler and J Saifiti. We also need a leader May isn’t a leader.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
1. We were chasing AFB until the moment he and his manager said No. Having a look at Tyran Smith's clients I can see why a No response came up very quickly. You can tell with the photos of that meeting didn't look comfortable. It happens with all our misses that we somehow weren't really interested in the first place. Yeah Right.

2. @Flanagun In the time I've been here never seen you troll. You just don't follow the script and you see things from a different perspective.

3. Even if we got AFB for 2-years that's enough to get us into the Top 8. People say we are here for the long game and the like. Didn't we just ditch a 19yo after one season of NRL and sign a whole batch of players with the exception of Critta all un-wanted by their previous clubs for 2yr deals and in the case of Tracey a 3yr deal. Curran and Tracey were freely offloaded so their former clubs could sign the players we actually needed. Hutchinson didn't make the Roosters final 17 in the semi final v Melbourne where they struggled to get 17 fit players to take the field. Roosters only have 26 on their current Top 30 roster. They chose Docker Clay over Turpin.

4. You, me and a couple of others cop personal insults every single day. They get upset when we don't fire back with the insults. I don't even reply to those who send out the abuse.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope we make the Top 8. We went backwards in 2023. We can't always blame the players as many who leave us end up performing better. We had the roster in 2023 to make the 8 in the end we did well to avoid the spoon. We had the worst defence. We had the worst points difference. Our losses bar two were comfortable losses to massacres. Some of the wins we had were from opposition dropping last minute elementary kicks we score in the next set (Cowboys & Titans) or missed kicks (Dolphins). Souths was an easy win but had to hold on for a final set as we nearly let them back. Win over Saints was from Averillo cutting loose and Waddell scoring from a chip & chase. Tigers up by 20 and in the space of 5mins we lead by 4 with 10 to go. Storm was the one game where it was no heart attack material.

Averillo and Waddell 2 of our 3 best from 2023 both got cut. Averillo has been a junior all through the systems, messed around by Barrett with his position and just when he was about to show he's the real deal still only 23 he's been cut.

Alamoti a boom junior all the way through cut before he turns 20. Surely come can understand why despite all the self promotion about "building the juniors" must be building on top as the juniors been there for decades upon decades we can't trust whether the next batch of juniors will be trusted upon or flicked like Alamoti was.
All that RSI for repeating yourself AGAIN Polly.
It’s seems your rendezvous with Flappy Gums are rubbing off. Seriously - AGAIN you mentioned:

1) ‘Missing’ AFB
2) Letting juniors go
3) Signing ‘unwanted’ players
4) Player count in Chooks squad - who cares
5) No-one ‘abuses’ you - we just call you out

Seriously, change the record :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Deliberately engage other members by talking shit about them and then run away with your tail between your legs when you lose the argument. Typical lol
You must see your own hypocrisy. We do.
You accuse others of ‘deliberate engagement’ yet you entered the chat yesterday and won’t leave.
And for what - being called a #ClownCrew member?
Such a soft underbelly for someone so smug :-).

No-one lost anything. You yourself said in another post you’d be taming your outbursts and seeing how we go in 2024 - how about practicing what you preach for once? That’d be a refreshing change…

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You must see your own hypocrisy. We do.
You accuse others of ‘deliberate engagement’ yet you entered the chat yesterday and won’t leave. And for what - being called a clown? Talk about a soft underbelly typical of a smug leftard.

No-one lost anything. You yourself said in another post you’d be taming your outbursts and seeing how we go in 2024 - how about practicing what you preach for once? That’d be a refreshing change. Clown :-).
Why should I leave? I never said I wouldn’t speak my mind on here from time to time, I said I would try to scale things back until the season starts. That doesn’t mean I can’t and won’t speak my opinion from time to time, and it certainly doesn’t mean I won’t reply when someone chooses to debate me, or attempts to engage me by insulting me. It just means I will try not to go overboard with it… and I have kept my word on that. I am not even being completely negative on this thread. I am saying AFB was a big miss, but if we manage to land May, I’ll be happy with that and will give Gus credit for finally landing the player we need. That isn’t engaging anyone, it’s just stating a pretty reasonable opinion.

You sit here baiting people every day with your childish and unimaginative nicknames, and passive aggressive emojis… you talk about people who aren’t talking to you… and you still mock @Polly Power on an almost daily basis and call him Polly Waffle, even though he hasn’t engaged with you in any way for months. By your own admission you started this confrontation by calling me and a bunch of other posters clowns. So thanks for your admission that you are deliberately instigating stuff on here. That may come in useful.

I reckon your behaviour is well and truly deserving of a holiday, if the mods are being fair Dinkum about the new Kennel zero tolerance policy towards baiting other members. Just telling you up front, that I won’t be engaging with you at all any more, but every time I see you throwing around names like Clown Crew, or Polly Waffle, or Flappygums, or any of your other dumbass insults to try and bait people, I’m going to start reporting you from here on in. Other members like @04 Dreaming have copped bans for much less than the rubbish you go on with. And I can point to evidence of you behaving this way towards other people who have nothing to do with the so called clown crew, as well, so don’t even try to say it’s all on us. This is a well established behaviour pattern with you,

Others like @bowleggedwog and @King Gus have made an effort to follow new guidelines and keep things civil… but you are just the same conflict seeking shit stirrer you’ve always been… since long before I adopted my Flanagun persona to have a bit of light hearted fun on here. I think it’s high time you either grow up, or are pulled into line.

@Mr Beast … just for your reference, dude. I eoukd ignore this bloke’s insults and give back as good as I get, if not for the new guidelines in this place…. But he is deliberately provoking people and if I go too far in replying, I’m gonna start copping bans, so I feel I have no other option but to start flagging it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gus should have a win now mentality and nothing less should be acceptable to the fan base.
I’ll just cherry pick one sentence from that tome with:

1) Gus is playing the long game and has said so from the day of his appointment - no idea why you’d be surprised at that - absolutely nothing has changed.

2) The ‘fans’ can demand zip. Sure they can vote with their wallets and that’s typically what fairweather fans do, you’ve smugly said this is you before. But it won’t change the strategy like bleating on a forum won’t.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m talking about 2024 that’s why AFB came out and said for an immediate release than a month later backflips .
Well, I think he reached an agreement that he would stay out 2024, and yeah, they may have wanted a guy like Kikau in order to consider making that deal a reality, but still no reason we couldn’t have chased him hard for 2025, which is when his contract with the sharks starts.

Anyway, it’s done now. Fingers crossed we can get May.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why should I leave? I never said I wouldn’t speak my mind on here from time to time, I said I would try to scale things back until the season starts. That doesn’t mean I can’t and won’t speak my opinion from time to time, and it certainly doesn’t mean I won’t reply when someone chooses to debate me, or attempts to engage me by insulting me. It just means I will try not to go overboard with it… and I have kept my word on that. I am not even being completely negative on this thread. I am saying AFB was a big miss, but if we manage to land May, I’ll be happy with that and will give Gus credit for finally landing the player we need. That isn’t engaging anyone, it’s just stating a pretty reasonable opinion.

You sit here baiting people every day with your childish and unimaginative nicknames, and passive aggressive emojis… you talk about people who aren’t talking to you… and you still mock @Polly Power on an almost daily basis and call him Polly Waffle, even though he hasn’t engaged with you in any way for months. By your own admission you started this confrontation by calling me and a bunch of other posters clowns. So thanks for your admission that you are deliberately instigating stuff on here. That may come in useful.

I reckon your behaviour is well and truly deserving of a holiday, if the mods are being fair Dinkum about the new Kennel zero tolerance policy towards baiting other members. Just telling you up front, that I won’t be engaging with you at all any more, but every time I see you throwing around names like Clown Crew, or Polly Waffle, or Flappygums, or any of your other dumbass insults to try and bait people, I’m going to start reporting you from here on in. Other members like @04 Dreaming have copped bans for much less than the rubbish you go on with. And I can point to evidence of you behaving this way towards other people who have nothing to do with the so called clown crew, as well, so don’t even try to say it’s all on us. This is a well established behaviour pattern with you,

Others like @bowleggedwog and @King Gus have made an effort to follow new guidelines and keep things civil… but you are just the same conflict seeking shit stirrer you’ve always been… since long before I adopted my Flanagun persona to have a bit of light hearted fun on here. I think it’s high time you either grow up, or are pulled into line.

@Mr Beast … just for your reference, dude. I eoukd ignore this bloke’s insults and give back as good as I get, if not for the new guidelines in this place…. But he is deliberately provoking people and if I go too far in replying, I’m gonna start copping bans, so I feel I have no other option but to start flagging it.
TLDR, another tome.
Not deliberately provoking anything other than confronting those who always think they’re right. It’s not ‘opinions’ with you guys but a smug sense of righteousness, constantly repeating the same things ad-nauseam and no-one should have to put up with that, it’s utterly nauseating. But well done you for reporting me - whatever helps you cope Chief.
Excellent you won’t engage, please keep your word :-)

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TLDR, another tome.
Not deliberately provoking anything other than confronting those who always think they’re right. It’s not ‘opinions’ with you guys but a smug sense of righteousness, constantly repeating the same things and nauseum and no-one should have to put up with that, it’s utterly nauseating. But well done you for reporting me whatever helps you cope Chief.
Flanagun has a point he has every right to share his opinion whether you or anyone else agrees or disagrees.

For anyone that doesn’t agree. Just ignore and keep scrolling how hard is that to do?

Calling out someone a clown continuously can be deemed as baiting, purely based on the history of both interactions.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagun has a point he has every right to share his opinion whether you or anyone else agrees or disagrees.

For anyone that doesn’t agree. Just ignore and keep scrolling how hard is that to do?

Calling out someone a clown continuously can be deemed as baiting, purely based on the history of both interactions.
For the record I had zero engagement with said poster in well over a week and was doing just that (scrolling past and ignoring) until he leapt into it yesterday. He’s just committed to no further engagement and I’m more than happy with that and to leave it there. Noted that #ClownCrew is seen as baiting. Sigh, but OK.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Just a quick question if calling someone a clown baiting isn’t it the same as having the head coach clown as an avatar baiting?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Ok, we are starting to go around in circles, so this will be my last comment for now. We have missed finals for six years running. Gus should have a win now mentality and nothing less should be acceptable to the fan base. Des didn’t fuck us because he had a win now mentality. He fucked us because he had a win now at the expense of later mentality and decided to cripple the club for years by back ending contracts. Paying overs for a few gun forwards who will help us become competitive in the short term will do nothing to harm our chances of success in the long term, as long as we don’t fall into the same trap of back ending contracts - which I believe is not allowed these days, anyway.

Explain to me how paying overs for a few gun forwards for two, three, or even four years will hurt the development of a next gen squad of players who won’t be ready for two, three or four years, themselves? It won’t. There’s no way it can…. In fact, it will help them, because forward leaders will help our young forwards develop. No matter how talented a young player is, it is always easier to make the transition into first grade and perform at your best when a team is strong and a winning culture has been developed.

Look at the tigers. When Tedesco and Brooks came up, they were both touted as future stars of the game, but both struggled to reach their potential because their club was struggling. Tedesco went to the Roosters and became the best fullback in the game. Brooks stayed and never reached his potential.

I think it is essential that we develop a winning culture for these young kids to inherit. If we don’t, they will either struggle to reach their potential with us, or they will end up reaching it with some other club that is more successful.

Gus had a win now philosophy at Penrith. The gun Penrith players of today didn’t just come up and start dominating the comp by themselves. They had experienced and quality players in key positions to help develop them and show them the ropes.

No administrator worth a damn has a lose now, win later mentality. Good administrators try to build sustainable success, absolutely. But they also try to bring success to a club as quickly as possible because the quicker you establish a winning culture, the quicker your young talent will start to thrive. If we are going out and spend
Ing 6-7,000,000 k on a centre, Gus should have no problem paying overs for a prop, because the front row is the area we are thinnest in for talent, and no team is going to win many footy games without go forward.
Umm we payed overs for tpj, Thompson, Foran, lil flange, DWZ. Desperate signings on overs and then it takes 2yrs to recover from stupid signings. I prefer to trust the process and have a bunch of kids coming through for the club to be successful for a decade than fight for the 8 with stupid contracts that will hurt us long term. For the record I didn’t read your post, i don’t respect you enough to waste my time lol. But the clown crew loved it. Follow the leader .

Last edited:

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
TLDR, another tome.
Not deliberately provoking anything other than confronting those who always think they’re right. It’s not ‘opinions’ with you guys but a smug sense of righteousness, constantly repeating the same things ad-nauseam and no-one should have to put up with that, it’s utterly nauseating. But well done you for reporting me - whatever helps you cope Chief.
Excellent you won’t engage, please keep your word :-)
The report button should be taken away from the clown crew and the disenchanted. We know who they are lol

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a quick question if calling someone a clown baiting isn’t it the same as having the head coach clown as an avatar baiting?
what i meant the word clown isn't specific to baiting, any word for that matter that is used to get a reaction is baiting.

Trolling is when someone posts or comments online to 'bait' people, which means deliberately provoking an argument or emotional reaction. In some cases they say things they don't even believe, just to cause drama.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
regarding the avatar thing, imo, not the type of supporter I don’t care about bring down our head coach like that.
they are half glass empty type people.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Umm we payed overs for tpj, Thompson, Foran, lil flange, DWZ. Desperate signings on overs and then it takes 2yrs to recover from stupid signings. I prefer to trust the process and have a bunch of kids coming through for the club to be successful for a decade than fight for the 8 with stupid contracts that will hurt us long term. For the record I didn’t read your post, i don’t respect you enough to waste my time lol. But the clown crew loved it. Follow the leader .
You’re honestly comparing AFB to TPJ? A top 3 prop to a bloke who always had major question marks over his discipline and commitment, and whom we stupidly signed anyway? You can’t even write off Thompson as a dud, if you’re being honest with yourself. The guy had an absolutely shocking run of injuries and never got the momentum to show what he is capable of… it happens. Clubs and players have bad luck with injuries sometimes.

You are yet to explain how signing a top line prop could hurt the team if the plan is to not be successful until the next batch of kids come through in four years time. Because if we don’t attract some quality meat for the middle, we will not compete.
Anyway, I’m done trying to reason with you.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh I get it now when you have no proof and can only speculate just lie and say it’s an opinion.
How can you say it’s a lie when you’re no clearer on what the truth is than I am? I’d actually suggest you are less clear because it’s hard to be objective when you have the Gus blinkers on…. Just look at your user name, lol.

If you’re going to call my opinion a lie, not only do you have to prove it isn’t true, you also have to prove I wasn’t aware it was untrue when I said it. I don’t think you can meet the first of those requirements. Let alone the second.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
regarding the avatar thing, imo, not the type of supporter I don’t care about bring down our head coach like that.
they are half glass empty type people.
People didn’t take too long to turn in Pay of Barrett..it’s not like bagging out a coach is anything new here. There is just as air of protection around Ciraldo because he is Gus’s guy, imo.

Having said that, thank you for making it clear that baiting won’t be tolerated. Happy to change my avatar, if it’s an issue.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If having the club’s 3 most important people dubbed as ‘The Three Stooges’ isn’t passive trolling, I don’t know what is.

Isn’t it interesting how all those of the same ilk, are all crying, “oh boss, we’re behaving boss, we’ll report the baddies yessiree’. They know exactly what they’re doing.