Opinion Will AFB see out his 4 year Sharks deal? Yes or No??

Will AFB see out his 4 year sharks deal?

• yes

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • no

Votes: 44 72.1%

• Total voters

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If having the club’s 3 most important people dubbed as ‘The Three Stooges’ isn’t passive trolling, I don’t know what is.

Isn’t it interesting how all those of the same ilk, are all crying, “oh boss, we’re behaving boss, we’ll report the baddies yessiree’. They know exactly what they’re doing.
Peacockers are always peahearts ultimately…

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
You’re honestly comparing AFB to TPJ? A top 3 prop to a bloke who always had major question marks over his discipline and commitment, and whom we stupidly signed anyway? You can’t even write off Thompson as a dud, if you’re being honest with yourself. The guy had an absolutely shocking run of injuries and never got the momentum to show what he is capable of… it happens. Clubs and players have bad luck with injuries sometimes.

You are yet to explain how signing a top line prop could hurt the team if the plan is to not be successful until the next batch of kids come through in four years time. Because if we don’t attract some quality meat for the middle, we will not compete.
Anyway, I’m done trying to reason with you.
Thompson was a dud, AFB has never seen out a contract , talk about commitment. This is rebuild , hard times still ahead and the player we need needs to be committed to the cause. AFB definitely isn’t that dude. I value Gus’s opinion over you. Be done with me . Nothing to report here mate.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People didn’t take too long to turn in Pay of Barrett..it’s not like bagging out a coach is anything new here. There is just as air of protection around Ciraldo because he is Gus’s guy, imo.

Having said that, thank you for making it clear that baiting won’t be tolerated. Happy to change my avatar, if it’s an issue.
I personally don’t care, it’s just a picture. Bigger things in life to worry about.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How can you say it’s a lie when you’re no clearer on what the truth is than I am? I’d actually suggest you are less clear because it’s hard to be objective when you have the Gus blinkers on…. Just look at your user name, lol.

If you’re going to call my opinion a lie, not only do you have to prove it isn’t true, you also have to prove I wasn’t aware it was untrue when I said it. I don’t think you can meet the first of those requirements. Let alone the second.
The truth isn’t an opinion , you assuming things is also not an opinion.
An Assumption is something someone believes to be true but without proof. An Opinion is a belief that a person has formed on a topic or issue that is subjective and cannot be verified.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People didn’t take too long to turn in Pay of Barrett..it’s not like bagging out a coach is anything new here. There is just as air of protection around Ciraldo because he is Gus’s guy, imo.

Having said that, thank you for making it clear that baiting won’t be tolerated. Happy to change my avatar, if it’s an issue.
@Flanagun i tagged you in an earlier post remember last year the coaching record of Warren Ryan was bagged out, Chris Anderson’s record as a player and coach bagged out, Peter Moore’s performance as CEO bagged out and Mick Potter cops it relentlessly in here. They’re all Bulldog winners and knew what Canterbury was all about.

There is certainly protection around a complete outsider. It’s been proven with Penrith their success isn’t because of the assistants it was in spite of the assistants. They won last year with a weaker roster from 2022 and 2021. This points their success to Ivan Cleary more than ever not anyone else.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you say it’s a lie when you’re no clearer on what the truth is than I am? I’d actually suggest you are less clear because it’s hard to be objective when you have the Gus blinkers on…. Just look at your user name, lol.

If you’re going to call my opinion a lie, not only do you have to prove it isn’t true, you also have to prove I wasn’t aware it was untrue when I said it. I don’t think you can meet the first of those requirements. Let alone the second.
@Flanagun they’ve all fallen for the rebuild line when that’s a code for failure is acceptable. Some wouldn’t even know what a rebuild means. Gould has gone all out for the quick result trying to buy virtually every player on the market and looking for instant successes including buying 3 from QLD for Harold matts when it used to be locals only for that side. Our signings can’t be classified as rebuilds most of them will be here 2yrs or 3yrs in Tracey case. Who of the signings will remain beyond? We’ve gone for a lot of mid range quick fixes after missing out on the big targets.

We did attempt to go for the big targets Moses, Hunt, Leinu, Haas, Tino, D Saifiti, Luai and AFB. We even went for lesser range in Twal and Sele. We at least tried to land the big fish at prop or spine.

Still puzzles me why we never went after Flegler or J Saifiti.

Two local juniors one of whom is 23 about to hit his peak one of our 3 best last year & our most dangerous attacking and another the boom most dominant junior talent of the last 5-6yrs plays NRL at 19 and flicked after one year.

That’s not the definition of a rebuild. It’s looking for quick results by saying it’s a rebuild allows failure to be acceptable. Some have been sucked in by it all.

Every club every year signs dozens of development players for lower tier sides. Our ones now make the puff piece headlines and it’s always either Gus and the Bulldogs or Gould’s Bulldogs. Just never the club only.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@Flanagun i tagged you in an earlier post remember last year the coaching record of Warren Ryan was bagged out, Chris Anderson’s record as a player and coach bagged out, Peter Moore’s performance as CEO bagged out and Mick Potter cops it relentlessly in here. They’re all Bulldog winners and knew what Canterbury was all about.

There is certainly protection around a complete outsider. It’s been proven with Penrith their success isn’t because of the assistants it was in spite of the assistants. They won last year with a weaker roster from 2022 and 2021. This points their success to Ivan Cleary more than ever not anyone else.
Wrong again Polly :-).
No-one bagged anyone other than to say Gus and Opes both won two premierships as coaches. I don’t recall anyone bagging Wok or Bullfrog either (and of course you’ll have no examples of that). Harry was a good player and clubman but he’s not an NRL level coach - the man himself said he didn’t want the job beyond caretaker. I’m glad he’s with us but Cup is his level. As for ‘protection for outsiders’ - didn’t exactly work for Trent Barrett did it? Whoops, another gaffe. Ex-Dogs aren’t always the answer, doubly so in the modern game - Kevin Moore and Dean Pay didn’t work and Mick Potter likely would’ve produced similar…

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@Flanagun they’ve all fallen for the rebuild line when that’s a code for failure is acceptable. Some wouldn’t even know what a rebuild means. Gould has gone all out for the quick result trying to buy virtually every player on the market and looking for instant successes including buying 3 from QLD for Harold matts when it used to be locals only for that side. Our signings can’t be classified as rebuilds most of them will be here 2yrs or 3yrs in Tracey case. Who of the signings will remain beyond? We’ve gone for a lot of mid range quick fixes after missing out on the big targets.

We did attempt to go for the big targets Moses, Hunt, Leinu, Haas, Tino, D Saifiti, Luai and AFB. We even went for lesser range in Twal and Sele. We at least tried to land the big fish at prop or spine.

Still puzzles me why we never went after Flegler or J Saifiti.

Two local juniors one of whom is 23 about to hit his peak one of our 3 best last year & our most dangerous attacking and another the boom most dominant junior talent of the last 5-6yrs plays NRL at 19 and flicked after one year.

That’s not the definition of a rebuild. It’s looking for quick results by saying it’s a rebuild allows failure to be acceptable. Some have been sucked in by it all.

Every club every year signs dozens of development players for lower tier sides. Our ones now make the puff piece headlines and it’s always either Gus and the Bulldogs or Gould’s Bulldogs. Just never the club only.
Atta boy Polly. Wouldn’t be a normal day if you didn’t repeat the same stuff over and over :-).

Pretty simple really - most of the 2 year signings are to bridge the gap until more juniors are ready. Hopefully the next crop can tackle too - unlike Alamoti.

As for the rest of the ‘missed targets’ - you’ve never had a business meeting with someone you don’t end up doing business with? It’s pretty common and really weird how you keep focussing on it like it’s some sort of ‘failure’. Anyways keep the giggles coming…