News Why Kieran Foran isn't angry about looming $500,000 pay cut

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I totally agree
I hope it doesn't get to desperate times for desperate measures
You're right. And I think everyone is right. Foran's health, fitness etc. is extremely suspect especially when considering he hasn't completed a season yet! It's mental.

Balancing out the different views I can see what you're all saying an realise that I'm being fanciful if I'm honest. I'm dreaming to think that the club would risk extending his deal for another season based on his fitness record so far.

However, what would you guys say if he goes the rest of the reason without injury? So far he's only missed 2 games ... what if he comes back and stay injury free. Would you take the gamble then?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're right. And I think everyone is right. Foran's health, fitness etc. is extremely suspect especially when considering he hasn't completed a season yet! It's mental.

Balancing out the different views I can see what you're all saying an realise that I'm being fanciful if I'm honest. I'm dreaming to think that the club would risk extending his deal for another season based on his fitness record so far.

However, what would you guys say if he goes the rest of the reason without injury? So far he's only missed 2 games ... what if he comes back and stay injury free. Would you take the gamble then?
It's a gamble even if he is fit
If we don't have a better alternative and he accepts a minimum contract and fair match payments...
Then I have no other choice !!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If there is going to be no more games this year, which looks likely, no one can say that he wasn't fit to play, some might say that if the season had continued he would have payed in all the games.
I just hope that our club doesn't fall for it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a gamble even if he is fit
If we don't have a better alternative and he accepts a minimum contract and fair match payments...
Then I have no other choice !!!
For the umpteenth time, under the Salary Cap match payments and/or other incentives don’t work. The NRL assumes that all will be paid when calculating the Cap, so even if they end up not being paid we still lose the Cap space. Looking at it another way, the fact that we PAID Foran $1m a season is irrelevant (we can afford it), the only thing that matters is that $1m was included in our CAP (we can’t afford it).

Go Dogs

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does that mean we don't get cap relief. Not that the season is suspended but foz was meant to miss a certain amount of games. He is ready to play now. So we don't get the 350k or only 150k.
Fair to say you're right plus whoever foots the bill probably won't want to spend the money now - if it's us then we won't and if it's then NRL then there is no $350k.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Balancing*. Something your really good at with.

Example the multiple accounts.
As far as we can tell TD isnt a dupe account. Not sure who is feeding you this rubbish but the attacks stop now.

Any further baiting could result in bans being applied so I suggest you knock it off.

A

Alexander the Great

Thats fine just as long as the same rule applies for the other members who also do the same thing. Didnt think it was a issue because I have seen numerous other posts doing the same thing and no mods have called them out in the open forum to tell them to knock it off.

We wouldn't want double standards on here..
As far as we can tell TD isnt a dupe account. Not sure who is feeding you this rubbish but the attacks stop now.

Any further baiting could result in bans being applied so I suggest you knock it off.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats fine just as long as the same rule applies for the other members who also do the same thing. Didnt think it was a issue because I have seen numerous other posts doing the same thing and no mods have called them out in the open forum to tell them to knock it off.

"Didnt think it was a issue because I have seen numerous other posts doing the same thing" <- Thats no excuse. Thats like telling a cop that pulls you over for speeding that you thought it was alright because you saw other people speeding.

You still know its the wrong thing to do FFS, and the fact that you try to bring it up every second post is borderline harrassment.

If I see others doing it, or they are reported, we will also action.

A

Alexander the Great

Comments on a football forum( having a laugh)compared to doing something illegal out in the real world i don't think you can classify in the same category but fair enough. Ill respect your call.

Ill stop the harassment.
"Didnt think it was a issue because I have seen numerous other posts doing the same thing" <- Thats no excuse. Thats like telling a cop that pulls you over for speeding that you thought it was alright because you saw other people speeding.

You still know its the wrong thing to do FFS, and the fact that you try to bring it up every second post is borderline harrassment.

If I see others doing it, or they are reported, we will also action.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would still use that 100k to lure a young gun.
fair shout. But we still have to have 30 in the squad and if he accepts minimum wage I’d take it. He seems to have a great attitude and the other players like having him around I just wouldn’t pay a cent more then minimum if he wanted to stay. He’s already got his retirement fund from us

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess it's balancing the question marks, which are all valid btw, with the quality we have or could potentially get.

The biggest question mark is obviously his fitness, which is completely understandable. My worry is who would we bring in to replace him. Yes, @Sancho2020 said we've got 2 youngsters already who he feels could do the job and I respect that. But it's a pretty big big risk is it not to put all of our eggs in one basket and hope they both create something special. Especially when they don't really have a great backline behind them, nor and ball playing forwards in front.

I'd argue, at this time when our team is clearly quite weak on the attacking side of things we need someone with a bit more experience to help steer them around. Foran. Adding to that, having a player like him would also more likely attract other players too. Rather than untried rookies.

Of course, that's all great but if he's injured it means nothing ... It's a hard one, but for me I'd go with Foran unless we can get an experienced and good player in his place.
why is it a big risk to just go with Wakeham and Averillo?

as someone has pointed out we have been a bottom side since Foran has been here. If the kids don’t deliver we are still a bottom side I don’t see the risk in that pairing. Gives them exposure which if they have the goods is only a good thing if they don’t then we move onto the next shiny toy when they pop up.

A

Alexander the Great

They also would be on a low pay for the time we test them in the roles. I can see it working until you like said someone special on the market comes up.
why is it a big risk to just go with Wakeham and Averillo?

as someone has pointed out we have been a bottom side since Foran has been here. If the kids don’t deliver we are still a bottom side I don’t see the risk in that pairing. Gives them exposure which if they have the goods is only a good thing if they don’t then we move onto the next shiny toy when they pop up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I would suggest that if anyone else is doing it, report it so we're aware of it. We often miss stuff.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
im a big foran fan one of the very best on his day, but as good a bloke as foran is, that doesnt make up for des signing an injury-prone day to day proposition on a million dollar deal that has screwed the club from day 1, when his time is up let him go he is a liability not an asset
those saying sign him on 500k a year, are you off you head, hes cannot get through a month of footy let alone a season, invest in the future not in a bloke so injury prone

A

Alexander the Great

I would love the thought of having him as a coach teaching Avo and Wake. I think he has great football brains and would really add value to the club.

Sherwin was a master but he played in a time different to now and foran is more current and would be able to see things from the young fellas perspective.

I agree with you in on his day he is one of the best but he can't be signed again.
We have money to burn so it needs to he spent right. Not on a risk.
im a big foran fan one of the very best on his day, but as good a bloke as foran is, that doesnt make up for des signing an injury-prone day to day proposition on a million dollar deal that has screwed the club from day 1, when his time is up let him go he is a liability not an asset
those saying sign him on 500k a year, are you off you head, hes cannot get through a month of footy let alone a season, invest in the future not in a bloke so injury prone

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For the umpteenth time, under the Salary Cap match payments and/or other incentives don’t work. The NRL assumes that all will be paid when calculating the Cap, so even if they end up not being paid we still lose the Cap space. Looking at it another way, the fact that we PAID Foran $1m a season is irrelevant (we can afford it), the only thing that matters is that $1m was included in our CAP (we can’t afford it).

Go Dogs
No arguments there either...
We will have a salary cap and hopefully V'landys will force all clubs to abide it's rules !!!
Otherwise it's all a wast of time.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If there is going to be no more games this year, which looks likely, no one can say that he wasn't fit to play, some might say that if the season had continued he would have payed in all the games.
I just hope that our club doesn't fall for it.
It's actually likely there will be more games this year and it's looking more sooner than later.