Opinion Why does this always happen?

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every time we play, opposition players lay all over us and we always get dragged back onto our backs and slows down the play the ball but when the opposition gets tackled we arent even allowed to do the same because the ref instantly calls held?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because most of our players don't earn the right to quick play the balls. Our back 5 are the worst in the comp in terms of dummy half runs and most of our forwards get dominated too easily.

We don't do those basics well enough and that's more a reflection on the squad and coaching than the refs or any conspiracy.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are not smart enough with the ball to isolate defenders 1 on 1 or 2 def on 1, we are allways gang tackled. Smarter well drilled sides play faster every set due to this, we dont ,simples.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Love your content babe xo pls seriously consider posting these all the time

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every time we play, opposition players lay all over us and we always get dragged back onto our backs and slows down the play the ball but when the opposition gets tackled we arent even allowed to do the same because the ref instantly calls held?
We will getting screwed again on Friday against the booing bunnies

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When I was involved in coaching the challenge we gave our players was never to be the last player off the ground.

For some reason we always have someone laying on their back when the opposition team is attacking our goal line. With someone out of the defensive line we are always susceptible to the overlap or a gap in our defensive structure.

Jackson is particularly bad for this.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something I noticed last night, at least three times, the clock was stopped and the ref told us to go back and play it on the mark. Most times they barely moved from their position and play went on. If it happened to Penrith they'd get a penalty for slowing the ruck or some bullshit. Instead of penalisiing the Panthers for being in the ruck, it slowed play down and basically stuffed those sets.

Another thing that was apparent, was that on many occasions immediately after Penrith made an error, they got a penalty anyway, so the errors didn't cost them. Instead they actually gained from them. Now some of those penalties were probably justified, but it was a strange "coincidence " I noticed several times.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Something I noticed last night, at least three times, the clock was stopped and the ref told us to go back and play it on the mark. Most times they barely moved from their position and play went on. If it happened to Penrith they'd get a penalty for slowing the ruck or some bullshit. Instead of penalisiing the Panthers for being in the ruck, it slowed play down and basically stuffed those sets.

Another thing that was apparent, was that on many occasions immediately after Penrith made an error, they got a penalty anyway, so the errors didn't cost them. Instead they actually gained from them. Now some of those penalties were probably justified, but it was a strange "coincidence " I noticed several times.
Ive noticed something in recent weeks, Its amazing when teams kick for touch, how often the touchie marks the point the ball went out was right on halfway or the 40 metre lines.It happens way to often to be coincidence