Opinion Why does this always happen?

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree with you. It's the many occasions when nobody gets a penalty except for the time it's against us or conversely penalized every time but against us things that piss me off. I usually notice in most games that one team gets reffed harshly. It's a big part of the reason I find it hard to love the game anymore. 10 years ago I'd watch almost every game I had time to see, now I mostly watch ours due to the emotional attachment I can't break away from. Even international and origin games hit the point where I can't watch due to inconsistent reffing.

It can be explained in one word "betting agency involvement". It's a huge conflict of interest to have a sports betting partner closely affiliated with any sport. Since this all became a thing we see new grey areas open up for referee discretion and even this bullshit where coaches can cop fines for saying the ref fucking cheated.

In saying all of this, we weren't good enough this or last week to come close to winning. But the two weeks prior we were reffed out of the games.
Why would the betting agencies rig it so the favourites win thats retarded

if they were rigging games the outsider would win

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some of it is our slow one out “attacking”
style. easy to dominate and out into back

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with you. It's the many occasions when nobody gets a penalty except for the time it's against us or conversely penalized every time but against us things that piss me off. I usually notice in most games that one team gets reffed harshly. It's a big part of the reason I find it hard to love the game anymore. 10 years ago I'd watch almost every game I had time to see, now I mostly watch ours due to the emotional attachment I can't break away from. Even international and origin games hit the point where I can't watch due to inconsistent reffing.

It can be explained in one word "betting agency involvement". It's a huge conflict of interest to have a sports betting partner closely affiliated with any sport. Since this all became a thing we see new grey areas open up for referee discretion and even this bullshit where coaches can cop fines for saying the ref fucking cheated.

In saying all of this, we weren't good enough this or last week to come close to winning. But the two weeks prior we were reffed out of the games.
With Sutton being ref this week, he's going to ref us out of the souths match.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It really is the perfect thread title, but for a different reason than Alzz intended..

"Why does this always happen" we lose a game by 20 plus and make 15 errors that half the fans blame the refs instead of looking at how shit and poorly coached we are as a team?

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
There is no active conspiracy against the shit teams.
The NRL don’t have some love to the teams coming top 4.
You think just because Penrith became good three years ago they were welcomed into a back room meeting and said ‘yo since you started becoming good we are going to start treating you right because why not? ’ and likewise do you think there is a directive to the refs ‘hey…. Broncos are now not as good as ten years back, time to stomp on their heads baby’
It doesn’t work like that.

What DOES happen but is refs see a team like the eels and Penrith be slick AF all game and teams like the bulldogs acting like dick heads and Inherent bias in the moment influences decision.
The thinking is ‘Hetho has been head highing c*’ts all season and here he is again’ on a marginal call, whereas Isaac Yeo on a marginal head high call would have the refs thinking ‘this guys a sick **** and treats people right, not his go’ and let’s it go.

So yes it happens but it’s a result of our own ineptitude.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think there is definite bias in NRL refereeing. Just look at Sutton & Cummins stats V dogs. It is irrefutable proof they run onto the paddock with a preconcieved negative agenda towards us yet the NRl does nothing to address the issue. The press wont touch the topic either unless one of the clubs they are in bed with whinges to them & that certainly inst us.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have been getting dominated in first contact and the ruck for years. Our wrestle and line speed are non existent.
Thanks to our conditioning staff! We ain’t the biggest team but we get arm wrestled out of games all the time. Our backs are the worst of the bunch. Every other team has put side backs who are strong and fast. We have a few fast players but no strength. We always get smashed from the 1st tackle. Goodluck trying to win games getting taken back 1-2m every hitup

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thanks to our conditioning staff! We ain’t the biggest team but we get arm wrestled out of games all the time. Our backs are the worst of the bunch. Every other team has put side backs who are strong and fast. We have a few fast players but no strength. We always get smashed from the 1st tackle. Goodluck trying to win games getting taken back 1-2m every hitup
Penriths backs were continually making plenty of pcm even against our forwards who couldn't contain them on contact.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Penriths backs were continually making plenty of pcm even against our forwards who couldn't contain them on contact.
I clearly remember one hitup from May who destroyed 3 of our fronts and offloaded on around the 3rd tackle to create an opportunity. When was the last time you seen one of our backs do that? Hahahaha

It’s obvious we have the talent but I just don’t know what this issue is. Only thing I can think of is higher up and that’s coaching from our conditioning, defending and attacking staff.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just look who our strength and conditioning coach is ….fat Kant

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I clearly remember one hitup from May who destroyed 3 of our fronts and offloaded on around the 3rd tackle to create an opportunity. When was the last time you seen one of our backs do that? Hahahaha

It’s obvious we have the talent but I just don’t know what this issue is. Only thing I can think of is higher up and that’s coaching from our conditioning, defending and attacking staff.
There's no aggression. They go through the motions and no leadership. Fox is the only talker geeing them up.

Baz can't motivate.