Who is our number 1 for next year? (Now for 2024)

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found another option I think that could work for us next year at Fullback. He’s off contract at Manly at the end of the year - Reuben Garrick. Hopefully not too expensive but could also use him at winger - can play both. He’s only 24 too. Plus a goal kicker. Good player.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Scott Drinkwater. We need a fullback that can create in attack rather than just a finisher.

Our attack has been atrocious for years, we need attacking flair and he has it. Plus he can play in the halves if need be

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found another option I think that could work for us next year at Fullback. He’s off contract at Manly at the end of the year - Reuben Garrick. Hopefully not too expensive but could also use him at winger - can play both. He’s only 24 too. Plus a goal kicker. Good player.
He’s been pretty poor at fullback covering for Turbo. Lacks the speed, vision and ball playing skills required

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think actively chasing a 7 is far more important than the FB. Wth Mahoney @9 and Burton @ 6 its way more important to get a game managing 7 to link it all up. If Averillo comes good @1 we have saved some dollars as well. Jake seems to be a confidence player who when surrounded by good players lifts his own game. He looked pretty good amongst JAC and Burton in attack.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think actively chasing a 7 is far more important than the FB. Wth Mahoney @9 and Burton @ 6 its way more important to get a game managing 7 to link it all up. If Averillo comes good @1 we have saved some dollars as well. Jake seems to be a confidence player who when surrounded by good players lifts his own game. He looked pretty good amongst JAC and Burton in attack.
I agree a seven is a must. Give Jake the rest of the year at no.1 and the whole off-season I think he’ll come good just as you said with good players around him. We know Jake has potential. He needs to eat, sleep and shit in the fullback role to grow. Don’t move him.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has to be fox he wants it too
I will never break a winning combination with JAC and Burton in their positions. Burton has one of the best short attacking kicks in the comp and the Fox is the best to read it and race to the ball on the wing/edges. Sherwin and Elmasri had that winning combo as well. But what we see from the Fox and Burto is on another level.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Credence Toia in my eyes has potential and class. I don't like these wingers going to fullback it's a different level, you would want to have played that position majority of your career.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is Manu playing centre at roosters? Surely he prefers fullback and the money that comes with it. I know he is signed until 24 with roosters but if I was Gould I would be looking at him...if possible.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why is Manu playing centre at roosters? Surely he prefers fullback and the money that comes with it. I know he is signed until 24 with roosters but if I was Gould I would be looking at him...if possible.
Fake stats. Ballhog.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Credence Toia in my eyes has potential and class. I don't like these wingers going to fullback it's a different level, you would want to have played that position majority of your career.
Toia was literally playing on the wing before he joined us haha

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Avo deserves first shot. We've invested too much in him to let other clubs get the spoils. Obviously a victim of musical chairs with our past alleged coaches and down on confidence, however he's definitely shown maturity since Potter took over. We can't throw this investment away just yet.