Who is our number 1 for next year? (Now for 2024)

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He will fail, start looking elsewhere.
Drinky Walsh Savage any of them that arnt infected spooners.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hammer as a fullback is meh and I don't see him really developing there, better at centre or wing and playing that free roaming role.
Yeah that’s your opinion. He’s 20 years old and has some freakish ability would be a great get for the blue and white.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently it might be Charlie Staines.
Yep I seen that too but I think it was just journo's trying to join the dots (nothing unusual about that).

1. Dufty is gone next year
2. Staines has been granted permission to negotiate
3. We chased him last year

So they just assume we will go after him again (it also mentioned him and Burto were good mates).

He has been ordinary this year but he did play all of his junior footy at fullback. Just because he has played shit on the wing doesnt mean he wont play well at fullback.

But on the other hand just because he killed it at junior level at fullback doesnt mean shit in the NRL. If Jake plays well for the rest of this year then the spot should be his next year

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Scott Drinkwater would be great but seeing how he is killing it right now, he has just about solidified himself as Cowboys fullback so i can't see them releasing him or him wanting to leave (especially for us).