Who is our number 1 for next year? (Now for 2024)

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear that Dufty might be off to the English super league next year. If so, who do you guys think should be our priority to either keep or get. One of the threads last night joked about Cobbo from Broncos. He wouldn’t be a bad pick up. But hopefully we act fast. We also need someone that comes with no issues and wants to sign to stay for at least 3 years. Hopefully Gus is onto it. But then again, he wants to keep Barrett which won’t be a good selling point. Come on Bulldogs get your Shit together. We are not that type of club to except mediocrity.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cobbo not available until 24. He also isn't a big talker/organiser.

I'd be signing someone like CNK if he continues to be on the outer for ~2 years otherwise I'd be developing a fullback from within. I wanted JAC to play fullback when we first signed him. Averillo could learn the role in reserve grade. Toia has some potential.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Walsh .. if I had all my wet dreams of late come to fruition :grinning: !! When I do sleep haha.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear that Dufty might be off to the English super league next year. If so, who do you guys think should be our priority to either keep or get. One of the threads last night joked about Cobbo from Broncos. He wouldn’t be a bad pick up. But hopefully we act fast. We also need someone that comes with no issues and wants to sign to stay for at least 3 years. Hopefully Gus is onto it. But then again, he wants to keep Barrett which won’t be a good selling point. Come on Bulldogs get your Shit together. We are not that type of club to except mediocrity.
Burton could be a number 1

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
From our own backyard:
Toia - I am concerned about rushing his development though.

On the market come Nov 1, but not available till 2023.
Laurie - Tigers haven't yet offered him an extension if you believe rumours
CNK - if Ricky drops him again, you persue that.
of course these options would require negotiation for early release / trade.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Go after Drinkwater. can also cover in the halves if need be. seriously, watch the cows game today and then come back and agree with me.
Some guy I've seen post on Facebook quite regularly that he believes a swap deal will occur for Leilua and Drinkwater this season. I don't believe it, but could hold some merit considering Laurie is yet to be offered an extension.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cobbo not available until 24. He also isn't a big talker/organiser.

I'd be signing someone like CNK if he continues to be on the outer for ~2 years otherwise I'd be developing a fullback from within. I wanted JAC to play fullback when we first signed him. Averillo could learn the role in reserve grade. Toia has some potential.
Yep CNK would be perfect as he makes plenty of metres when he's on. Dylan Edwards type.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Drinkwater a good shout too, I think he might of cemented the fullback jersey at the Cowboys tho (I don't rate Hammer at fullback either).