Who comes in for JAC next week?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fick I hope scans are kind and he’s back fast. Can’t take a trick.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Logically it's Okunbor since he's been called up on the bench.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Mahoney yes, depends how close the centre can fluke his decent games together.

So far he has it down to 3 shit games to his 1 good one.
Ha ha.

I see he's back to being the centre again.

He was definitely like that today - back to his old ways.

That penalty kick that didn't find touch was a real momentum turner.

Who knows - he finds touch - maybe we go up 12-0.

Instead they score for 6-6 from the possession the centre gave up with a cr*p attempted touch finder

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
is skelton quick enough to be on the wing?
I'd say okunbor would be favourite to nab that left wing spot

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Logically it's Okunbor since he's been called up on the bench.
But I think Ciro likes him on the bench cos he covers back 5 plus edges and middle

I think Burns will go to wing to partner Alamoti instead of Skelton due to experience…especially after Topine and Alamoti inexperienced duo got absolutely rinsed today

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But I think Ciro likes him on the bench cos he covers back 5 plus edges and middle

I think Burns will go to wing to partner Alamoti instead of Skelton due to experience…especially after Topine and Alamoti inexperienced duo got absolutely rinsed today
burns too slow for wing rather casey. with rfm kikau tpj back next wk I dont think it'll be necessary to have okunbor on the bench though I guess we'll see if preston gets suspended first

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Don't like the idea of an edge of alamotti and okonbour. Also Alamotti and burns would be too slow. Would prefer Casey, he plays wing and Centre, has a bit of pace and would be a reward for scoring the winning try today. I also really rate Wilson. Def has pace but not sure he is in top 30 and again defence would be a worry. I also wouldn't hate Skelton coming in on the right and Kiraz shifting to left wing or centre.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
burns too slow for wing rather casey. with rfm kikau tpj back next wk I dont think it'll be necessary to have okunbor on the bench though I guess we'll see if preston gets suspended first
Of course they will suspend Preston because not suspending him is admission Sutton got it wrong ( and whoever was the video ref)

Casey is putrid on the wing even in reserve grade and I still have nightmares of his debut - he’s a centre or nothing

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to see Skelton get a crack on the wing. I think Casey hurt himself today scoring the match winner in reserve grade?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has to be Casey or burns. need speed outside alamoti.
Skelton will get his chance soon.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So did I, my friend. The Dogs faced a perfect storm today. Very little went our way, and we were well undermanned and outgunned.
The stars aligned for Souths, as they always do for this match every year. But our time will come.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So did I, my friend. The Dogs faced a perfect storm today. Very little went our way, and we were well undermanned and outgunned.
The stars aligned for Souths, as they always do for this match every year. But our time will come.
Their bandwagon must be dying in the arse, I genuinely thought their fans would turn up in droves since it's a scheduled win and day out for them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ha ha.

I see he's back to being the centre again.

He was definitely like that today - back to his old ways.

That penalty kick that didn't find touch was a real momentum turner.

Who knows - he finds touch - maybe we go up 12-0.

Instead they score for 6-6 from the possession the centre gave up with a cr*p attempted touch finder
I take no pleasure in him not performing.

I don't know if he just can't handle it or the pressure is getting to him. But needs to be addressed and fixed asap.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd love to see Skelton come in but Casey is probably who they go with. Or even Okunbur..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course they will suspend Preston because not suspending him is admission Sutton got it wrong ( and whoever was the video ref)

Casey is putrid on the wing even in reserve grade and I still have nightmares of his debut - he’s a centre or nothing
anything more than 1 wk is a joke

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
anything more than 1 wk is a joke
I doubt Preston will even get charged. Has happened to us a number of times before. Player binned and then not even charged. Sin bins are adding up for us as well up to what 3 or 4 and all for very minor things where fouled player isn't even injured.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would assume okunbor will replace JAC. Regardless, Reynolds was embarrassingly bad, and is a wasted bench spot. Hughes went ok for his minimal minutes. With the forward situation improving might be time for more debuts. Oloapu? Skelton?

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skelton needs to debut. Will make Sivo / Simmonsen his bitch.

Just not sure if its a good idea having Alamoti and Skelton on the same side though.

Keep Okunbor in second row rotation (and his confidence high). We don't need to bring back the Ghosts of Okunbors past by playing him on the wing/centre.