Who comes in for JAC next week?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We still need Knockonmor in the forwards my bro.

Plus I want my boy to crack FG lol
I really want to see Skelton too. I hope Okunbur doesn't play wing either.. He seems to be solid in the bench forward role. But I expect Ciraldo to pick someone like Casey.. I hope it's Skelton though. We need a game breaker like him with Fox out.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
I take no pleasure in him not performing.

I don't know if he just can't handle it or the pressure is getting to him. But needs to be addressed and fixed asap.
Burton clearly has the ability. We saw it last week and in patches elsewhere. But certainly not today.

He really struggles for consistency - maybe an age related or inexperience thing.

I don't see the benefit of the added pressure of captaincy and goal kicking too (and he doesn't have a good percentage as a goal kicker anyway).

Definitely agree with you that the issue has to be addressed because with Flanagan at halfback doing his usual stuff, if Burton is off, it effectively leaves us with no halves and burdens Mahoney so much.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Burton clearly has the ability. We saw it last week and in patches elsewhere. But certainly not today.

He really struggles for consistency - maybe an age related or inexperience thing.

I don't see the benefit of the added pressure of captaincy and goal kicking too (and he doesn't have a good percentage as a goal kicker anyway).

Definitely agree with you that the issue has to be addressed because with Flanagan at halfback doing his usual stuff, if Burton is off, it effectively leaves us with no halves and burdens Mahoney so much.
Honestly I think it's time for KO. It's earlier than expected but he can't be worse than flamingo.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Honestly I think it's time for KO. It's earlier than expected but he can't be worse than flamingo.
Yes.

One of the things that kills me watching Flanagan is that he does those little hand signals for a reverse pass or whatever and then every time does what he's signalled.

It's as though he thinks the opposition can't see his signals (which they and everyone else of course can). FFS do the hand signal if he must but occasionally at least do the opposite of what you've signalled.

Also Flanagan's new found "running game" is a killer so slow off the mark and has no sense when to run or not. It's like he decides on the play in advance he's going to run and just does it.

We need someone who can play eyes up football not Flanagan's pre-mediated, formulaic and predictable cr*p.

Give KO a go. Like they say, if he's good enough, he's old enough.

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor. Probably final chance too. He did well in NSW Cup last year so probably deserves another crack. His strong runs and height could be an advantage, but hopefully we see some improvement defensively

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okunbor is a disaster on the wing because he has to think, make choices, and make catches, all of which he can’t do. Which is why the utility role off the bench was his only real chance at fg.
Burns is slow so will be exposed just as much as Alamoti was. It’s now or never for Skelton imo. 24 years old and an opportunity put pressure on Averillo

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not talking just about this game sir, we have 1 spine player in 2023.

Didn't expect a win at all, just expected the same effort as last week and a 1-12 loss would of been acceptable.
Cmon mate. No chance in hell we were losing 1 to 12.

Its good friday match. The day the NRL has decided it will embaras the Dogs.

We were never losing this game less than 13+ and thats with a full squad.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Cmon mate. No chance in hell we were losing 1 to 12.

Its good friday match. The day the NRL has decided it will embaras the Dogs.

We were never losing this game less than 13+ and thats with a full squad.
I thought with last week's grit and effort, a 1-12 loss was achievable.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think the season is over we have kiki TPJ, RFM and Okunbor back
In the likelihood that we miss the 8 doesn’t make the season a write off at all. Look no further than growing combinations and player development such as Preston and Alamoti. The Harbour Bridge wasn’t built overnight.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
is skelton quick enough to be on the wing?
I'd say okunbor would be favourite to nab that left wing spot
Here we go again about questioning whether a player is quick enough for a certain position. First Alamoti now Skelton!

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I think Ciro likes him on the bench cos he covers back 5 plus edges and middle

I think Burns will go to wing to partner Alamoti instead of Skelton due to experience…especially after Topine and Alamoti inexperienced duo got absolutely rinsed today
Plus, Skelton has been playing on the right.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today proved to us just how important the fox is to our side.