Who are Players the Bulldogs should never have gotten rid of?

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol, we "got rid of" SBW. You might be showing your age here.
Actually no we didn’t - he got on a plane and went to play in France, while he was still on contract with Bulldogs. They had to sue him to get their money back. Not the smartest decision by him.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Actually no we didn’t - he got on a plane and went to play in France, while he was still on contract with Bulldogs. They had to sue him to get their money back. Not the smartest decision by him.
That's what I was saying. Thread about who we let go, sbw is the opposite of let go.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He left sorry my bad
After we said no you are not going anywhere. So he fled overseas where we couldnt stop him playing, in the middle of the night without telling anyone at the club. So even "he left" is understating it.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After we said no you are not going anywhere. So he fled overseas where we couldnt stop him playing, in the middle of the night without telling anyone at the club. So even "he left" is understating it.
It was on the radio that someone from the public said that Sonny Bill was at the Airport and not coming back. It was confirmed a short time later that what the caller said was 100% correct. Bulldogs were the last to know his intention.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh should have kept Ennis till he retired, he hadn't lost anything when we let him go. I would have also been ok if we let Ennis go because we had kept Damien Cook instead. We technically lost Cook and Ennis over Lichaa, who amounted to nothing and no longer plays in the NRL. I think the mistakes around Lichaa are the worst ones.

JT may be the best player we have lost, but i still understand why we let JT go at the time. It did make sense at the time, it was like Burton coming to us to be a walk up starter instead of a backup to Luai . With JT it was Anasta or Sherwin he was backup for. At the time 2 premiership winning halves at the peak of their powers. What panned out after that (Anasta leaving and JT becoming a legend) was more disappointing with hindsight. Nobody really fussed about him leaving until much later