Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fark you are still here part of the clown crew

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Look bro, this is the story, he got ripped apart for his love fest with Elliott and lost all arguments when Elliot cheated with his best mates Mrs and eventually got booted out of the club for one too many f***ups. Fannygun got so bum hurt he decided to double down and side with other shitty players in our squad like Kyle and Waddell to shit stir TK members in revenge for the shellacking he got over the love fest with Elliott.
Ripped apart? Elliott has played great footy since he left, especially when he was injury free last year. Hasn’t missed the finals, either. We could use a player like him these days.

Oh and the same people who were saying we couldn’t possibly have a bloke like Adam playing at the club were salivating at the prospect of signing a guy who got done for assaulting his partner a few weeks ago… so there goes your moral high ground.

Nope, I won all those arguments. You guys just claimed false victory through strength in numbers.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Yeah, I did…and it was a bit over the top, to say the least. Didn’t ruffle me, but the idea of him saying it to others was a concern. Wasn’t me who reported him, as it turned out, but he was lucky to get such a short stint, IMHO.
So no issues then with the incontinent old Dallas dude? Tex mex and all. Guess experience is a wonderful teacher. :tearsofjoy:

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ripped apart? Elliott has played great footy since he left, especially when he was injury free last year. Hasn’t missed the finals, either. We could use a player like him these days.

Oh and the same people who were saying we couldn’t possibly have a bloke like Adam playing at the club were salivating at the prospect of signing a guy who got done for assaulting his partner a few weeks ago… so there goes your moral high ground.

Nope, I won all those arguments. You guys just claimed false victory through strength in numbers.
Fark me

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Average runs, low 100’s, always has been low … tackle efficiency under 90% so his defence is average at best compared to where a player that plays his position needs to be … maybe check out a few of the other players stats in the top 6 teams that play his same position before you mention the words he played “great footy” … I’d say he plays consistent footy .. but for his position, he’s average at best .. he’ll have an Nrl career, but never be known for playing great footy.

Also we can forgive 1 misdemeanour as we did with Elliot’s first F’up .. it was his third low life media black eye to the club that we said enough is enough ..

Trust me mate, you’ve won zero arguments when it comes to this bloke … I know he’s not the only one who’s stooped to this lowest of levels, but to rat on your mate with his Mrs at his home when he’s putting their baby to bed is the lowest a rat can go ..

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kikau will be the best player. He was disappointed with his injury and lack of involvement last season. Big season from him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Average runs, low 100’s, always has been low … tackle efficiency under 90% so his defence is average at best compared to where a player that plays his position needs to be … maybe check out a few of the other players stats in the top 6 teams that play his same position before you mention the words he played “great footy” … I’d say he plays consistent footy .. but for his position, he’s average at best .. he’ll have an Nrl career, but never be known for playing great footy.

Also we can forgive 1 misdemeanour as we did with Elliot’s first F’up .. it was his third low life media black eye to the club that we said enough is enough ..

Trust me mate, you’ve won zero arguments when it comes to this bloke … I know he’s not the only one who’s stooped to this lowest of levels, but to rat on your mate with his Mrs at his home when he’s putting their baby to bed is the lowest a rat can go ..
It’s like you’re incapable of considering his performances in context of how poorly our team is performing. Our pack got freaked all season, yet he still pumped out 100 metres consistently all season as a back rower (sometimes well in excess of that) and you say that’s average. His tackle efficiency is a little below 90 percent in a shambles of a defensive line where he’s having to worry not only about his own man, but what’s going on outside him, and you say his d isn’t where it needs to be. In the context of how the rest of our team was going, he had a ripper of a year. And the fact he’s not a superstar and wouldn’t have cost a fortune to retain just makes the club’s decision even worse.

As for Elliott. He had a drinking problem, addressed it, has rebuilt his friendship with Lichaa and is in a stable, loving marriage now. He has been completely incident free since he left us and is clearly in a much better place. All Elliott’s indiscretions combined aren’t as bad as beating a spouse, or sexually assaulting someone, or one of a number of other things players have done only for TK to call for their signing at one stage. Don’t get me wrong, I was in favour of signing AFB too… but only because we were absolutely desperate for an elite middle and were trying to sign a prop, not a choirboy. You guys can hand wrong all you like, but he has turned his life around and if the club had stood by him, he could be adding a lot of value to our team right now. Stupid move to let him go. Laundy was right, Gus was wrong.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
@bowleggedwog how many handling errors did Waddell commit this year?

He was very good in all areas, that’s why he finished second in our players player polls.

I could say more, but I don’t really want to debate you. You’re a bit of a drag, man.,
He got shown up by a rookie. A rookie can have a good game then follow it up with an error, not a veteran. Waddell had that in every game , a good run than follows up with a penalty in defence than change’s momentum. He may only drop the ball once a game or allow 2 penalties or a bad read leading to a try but when you do it in games week after week as a veteran that is not acceptable. I personally would have kept him for minimum but no way am I saying he is a valued piece. He is expected to to do the basics right every game and that’s his leadership but he doesn’t do that. 100mts is that team was impressive but that just shows how bad everyone else played last seasons. I doubt every player has that season again.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I’ve never reported you, actually. I came close when you suggested I should bathe with a toaster, but someone beat me to it.

You deserved what you got and more, though.
Try it its toastie:tearsofjoy:. As for the sin bin I get away from you and your 3 heads. I come back and it’s back to positive comments and not we lack this or gus missed this . So it’s all positive and I see it has an effect on you . I dare say you have been warned baby buz.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
You copped that comment? Someone else said they copped that as well but weren't explicit who did it.

Gees. Thats seriously piss poor. 100 ways to have a shot at someone and thats not one of them. Just imagine if the person on the receiving end had issues and did it? We have a 'r u ok' thread in this place and someone is pulling this shite?

I'd be happy to tell you bathe with an incontinent old Dallas dude, but this shite isn't on (no pun intended). If I see someone say that I'll report them ffs.
Relax it’s tongue n cheek. I’m old school with humour. It was me who told him to , also play on the train tracks , play on the road . Settle down it’s all banter . This world has become soo sensitive. I have been told to go kill myself straight up then words I didn’t tag mods or report. If I’m going to listen to Marley and take his advise than I’m a bigger loser than he thinks i am. Everyone relax, it’s just words everyone makes them a story!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Relax it’s tongue n cheek. I’m old school with humour. It was me who told him to , also play on the train tracks , play on the road . Settle down it’s all banter . This world has become soo sensitive. I have been told to go kill myself straight up then words I didn’t tag mods or report. If I’m going to listen to Marley and take his advise than I’m a bigger loser than he thinks i am. Everyone relax, it’s just words everyone makes them a story!
So its ok then because you always do it, someone has done it to you and that they shouldn't listen to you anyways?

Sure.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last year we didn't really have the options to put Burton at centre . . .This year we have no excuse not to play him there.
We have much better options at centre too. Your entitled to your opinion, but for mine, there's absolutely zero chance Burton will play centre. Im sure he would do whats best for the team if needed, but he is our best option at 6, he just needs to find his best football there.
A media hack suggested he could play centre a while back and people seem to have run with it is a genuine option. But I will walk naked down the esplanade in Cairns if he is named at centre in round 1.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
So its ok then because you always do it, someone has done it to you and that they shouldn't listen to you anyways?

Sure.
I can’t remember what I wrote but ok you are right . Happy to let you have your say and be right and say I’m wrong n move on.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s like you’re incapable of considering his performances in context of how poorly our team is performing. Our pack got freaked all season, yet he still pumped out 100 metres consistently all season as a back rower (sometimes well in excess of that) and you say that’s average. His tackle efficiency is a little below 90 percent in a shambles of a defensive line where he’s having to worry not only about his own man, but what’s going on outside him, and you say his d isn’t where it needs to be. In the context of how the rest of our team was going, he had a ripper of a year. And the fact he’s not a superstar and wouldn’t have cost a fortune to retain just makes the club’s decision even worse.

As for Elliott. He had a drinking problem, addressed it, has rebuilt his friendship with Lichaa and is in a stable, loving marriage now. He has been completely incident free since he left us and is clearly in a much better place. All Elliott’s indiscretions combined aren’t as bad as beating a spouse, or sexually assaulting someone, or one of a number of other things players have done only for TK to call for their signing at one stage. Don’t get me wrong, I was in favour of signing AFB too… but only because we were absolutely desperate for an elite middle and were trying to sign a prop, not a choirboy. You guys can hand wrong all you like, but he has turned his life around and if the club had stood by him, he could be adding a lot of value to our team right now. Stupid move to let him go. Laundy was right, Gus was wrong.
No one cares what Elliot has or hasn’t done anymore. Go join the Newcastle forum and tell them what a reformed citizen he is. This thread is about which player will have the biggest impact for us.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one cares what Elliot has or hasn’t done anymore. Go join the Newcastle forum and tell them what a reformed citizen he is. This thread is about which player will have the biggest impact for us.
He can also join the St George forum, considering flanno Sr and Jr are there. I reckon players will think twice about going there. One injury and your contract is torn up.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look I know you loved the bloke as a player, but you need to take off the Elliott glasses mate.

You talk about his stats relating to the poor team he had around him, but he’s been with Canberra & Newcastle over the last 2 years and those stats haven’t improved much at all.

Your impressed by 100 metres, some of the other blokes in his position are punching out over 150, and their tackle efficiency rates are up closer to 95% not under 90% …

And look, you can try to down play his misdemeanours all you like, but at the time we were getting beat up by the media for just turning sideways, I’m sure all players would of been told to be low key, but he just kept racking them up, 3rd strike, he gave the club no choice but to move him on ..

If he’s got his life together now, good on him, time to move on from this dude ..

Get excited to watch the new team run out & maybe put the past in the rack mate ..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have much better options at centre too. Your entitled to your opinion, but for mine, there's absolutely zero chance Burton will play centre. Im sure he would do whats best for the team if needed, but he is our best option at 6, he just needs to find his best football there.
A media hack suggested he could play centre a while back and people seem to have run with it is a genuine option. But I will walk naked down the esplanade in Cairns if he is named at centre in round 1.
He has played his best footy at centre and I would say it's debatable he is our best 5/8. Having a better ball player inside him could unlock his running game,which is his best attribute

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He got shown up by a rookie. A rookie can have a good game then follow it up with an error, not a veteran. Waddell had that in every game , a good run than follows up with a penalty in defence than change’s momentum. He may only drop the ball once a game or allow 2 penalties or a bad read leading to a try but when you do it in games week after week as a veteran that is not acceptable. I personally would have kept him for minimum but no way am I saying he is a valued piece. He is expected to to do the basics right every game and that’s his leadership but he doesn’t do that. 100mts is that team was impressive but that just shows how bad everyone else played last seasons. I doubt every player has that season again.
He hardly got shown up.... Preston was our most impressive defensively and proved a dangerous line runner, but he was not among our best metre eaters. You are comparing two guys who play completely different roles fir tge sake of putting one of them down.

Waddell made 9 errors all season. That is excellent for a forward who is taking hard carries through the ruck. For context, Kikau made 8 errors and played less than half the games Waddell played. The suggestion Waddell's handling was an issue is an absolute myth. Waddell 0.41 errors per game, Preston 0.75, Kikau 0.89.

Waddell gave away 6 penalties all year at an average of 0.27 a game, Preston 11 at 0.55 a game, Kikau 0.67.

If you're going to bag him at least stick to the unquantifiable things which can't be easily disproven with stats lol

I never said he was irreplaceable, but he had a very good year for us and if you let a toiler like that go and don't find a suitable replacement, the team is going to be worse off and not better off....