Opinion Where would you prefer to watch the bulk of our games?

Where would you prefer to watch the bulk of our games?

• Belmore

Votes: 46 30.9%
  • Stadium Australia

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Bankwest

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • A purpose built Bankwest type stadium in Liverpool/Moorebank area

Votes: 69 46.3%

• Total voters

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Homebush is Home These days , 15 mins from belmore

try getting to parramatta on a thurs or fri night for a game
liverpool is too far from base
Belmore needs to much work and money
Liverpool is 15-20 mins down the m5 from Belmore

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be better to build the carpark underneath the adjoining playing fields - that way nothing on the surface changes, and no-one should complain.
Much much cheaper to build up than excavate down, plus it gives easy access to Belmore station which will reduce the price Transport NSW will want for the airspace. In fact if we build it (saving them the cost of a station car park) I’d be very surprised if they charged anything at all.

Go Dogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why did Natboy and DinkumDog get banned?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why did Natboy and DinkumDog get banned?
The worst of it has been cleaned up but its in the US Police Thread.

Can save yourself the guff by just reading Hacky and Velk's posts for explanations.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The worst of it has been cleaned up but its in the US Police Thread.

Can save yourself the guff by just reading Hacky and Velk's posts for explanations.
Fair enough. Those political lounge threads tend to get messy. Hopefully they're back soon.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The highlights on Fox Sports is the best place to watch our games this year, you save yourself 75 minutes and get to see 6 or 7 tries, most of them not ours

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Much much cheaper to build up than excavate down, plus it gives easy access to Belmore station which will reduce the price Transport NSW will want for the airspace. In fact if we build it (saving them the cost of a station car park) I’d be very surprised if they charged anything at all.

Go Dogs
Belmore will be on the privately run metro; they will want maximum return on any airspace development.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Belmore will be on the privately run metro; they will want maximum return on any airspace development.
If (a very big if) the metro is privatised the contract will only be for running it, not the land that it's on and hence the air space over it. Regardless, if (that's another if) they were ever required to build a car park then they will welcome the capital cost saving with our contribution.

Go Dogs

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Not one of the options but I quite liked watching games at the showground. Was a better atmosphere than the Olympic stadium.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing some plans based on Belmore being demolished and the playing area rotated 90 degrees in the new proposal.

Could possibly fit something of a similar size to Bankwest on that footprint.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing some plans based on Belmore being demolished and the playing area rotated 90 degrees in the new proposal.

Could possibly fit something of a similar size to Bankwest on that footprint.
If you rotated it 90 degrees you would need a roof on it. You cannot have a ground running east/west because the sun is directly in one teams eyes.

I do like the idea though. Build a stadium with a roof in the shape of a dog kennel. Build a special train station right at the ground.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly, with some foresight, Belmore isn't that bad an option.

But realistically, with Wolli creek now a hub station, and w... edit (not sure what happened there) with the westlink interchange just up at Sydenham, that area there, say Tempe across from the airport... Or even some link over cooks river to a replacement to the dilapidated St George stadium, that area would seem to make sense. M5-m8 eventually M4 and M6... Plus wolli creek... Which I reckon eventually will get a metro link at Sydenham so direct trains from Bankstown line as well as going up to the city
We'd surely need to share with the dragons though.

I simply don't agree that Belmore is unsuitable, first step build a multi story car park over the railway line, Transport NSW desperately wants to sell the airspace over railway lines. A ticket to the game also includes parking. That can be used for public parking during the week for access to the railway station, via a walkway to the eastern end of the platforms. Then build a big, main, eastern grandstand on Peter Moore Field and extended the existing western grandstand. Both to have corporate hospitality, catering, toilet facilities etc.

Building it is easy, getting development approval is the problem, Canterbury Bankstown Council is run by lefty looneys and both local members (Sophie Cotsis & Tania Mihailuk) are Labour hence not in State Government power to have any influence whatsoever, and they are both useless members anyway that do nothing for the area and oppose pretty much every DA. The Federal Member, Tony Burke another Labour ex-union hack, has no interest whatsoever in his local area, he has "other" priorities.

Go Dogs

Or rebuild Canterbury hospital over a large carpark maybe. Makes it a Terminating point from Bexley and Kingsgrove Rd , arriving from anywhere in Sydney onto and exiting the m5

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The l
If (a very big if) the metro is privatised the contract will only be for running it, not the land that it's on and hence the air space over it. Regardless, if (that's another if) they were ever required to build a car park then they will welcome the capital cost saving with our contribution.

Go Dogs
The line is being leased and operated by a Hong Kong consortium, and development opportunities will no doubt be part of the deal . Air space will be at a premium; which is why parking will not be free.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
At gone in the lounge room for sure. Can’t get thrown out for hurling abuse at the TV.
Belmore for mine as it brings back atmosphere.
Are you sure you are a Bulldogs fan I wouldn’t be surprised if you were on the front page of the DT the next day with the headline Bulldogs fan hurls abuse at TV terrorising suburb bringing game into disrepute..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The line is being leased and operated by a Hong Kong consortium, and development opportunities will no doubt be part of the deal . Air space will be at a premium; which is why parking will not be free.
Metro Trains Sydney Pty Ltd (a joint venture of MTR Corporation, John Holland Group and UGL Rail) is the operator and the contract is for 10 years from 2024. I don't believe that there is any provision within that for them to own the airspace. FWIW they have not lodged a DA for anything around Belmore, which they have done for Campsie and Bankstown which have both received initial approval.

I can't see the operator knocking back the opportunity to increase passenger traffic that a car park at Belmore station would undoubtedly support.

Go Dogs

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure you are a Bulldogs fan I wouldn’t be surprised if you were on the front page of the DT the next day with the headline Bulldogs fan hurls abuse at TV terrorising suburb bringing game into disrepute..
If I wasn’t a fan the neighbours would be thinking I’m watching the comedy channel as I would be laughing loudly about how bad we are at times.

I could see that being made as a headline.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If anyone hasn’t voted and has an interest in where we play in the future please vote before the poll closes. The club are genuinely interested in your opinions and feedback