Opinion Where will Crichton play?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm 99% convinced he will just end up being an overpaid centre with us and someone like Hayze will be a better option at fullback on a fraction of the salary. He's potentially an Edwards type fullback with better footwork.
FMD hayze is no where near Edwards and never will be. Crighton is signed for FB and will be a sensation there, Hayze is pedestrian compared to critta

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ask you this, if he or any another centre had to make a one on one tackle to save your life, would you still favour him?
No one is saying he is the best centre, so not sure why you're asking this sort of question.

But he is a a first grader, one of the fastest in the team and incumbent. Unless he plays really poorly, there is no need to drop him. His attack is still a threat when we play to the right or when we put him in the clear.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD hayze is no where near Edwards and never will be. Crighton is signed for FB and will be a sensation there, Hayze is pedestrian compared to critta
I’m wouldn’t say Hayze will ever be Edwards level, but it’s a bit unfair to judge him after just a few games … Edwards has played a shit load of footy with those guys he has a lot of quality players around him and is playing in a 2 x premiership winning team, with 2 class half’s.

I’m already seeing Hayze’s confidence growing and I’m seeing he’s building some combinations, let’s see how he’s going after 10 or 15 games ..

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogsteve jizzes loads on players who aren’t good. The ‘next Harry Grant’ in Brandon Clarke can’t even get a game in any competition for us haha. Arrogant **** has no fucking idea about rugba leeg

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m wouldn’t say Hayze will ever be Edwards level, but it’s a bit unfair to judge him after just a few games … Edwards has played a shit load of footy with those guys he has a lot of quality players around him and is playing in a 2 x premiership winning team, with 2 class half’s.

I’m already seeing Hayze’s confidence growing and I’m seeing he’s building some combinations, let’s see how he’s going after 10 or 15 games ..
Exactly comparing him to edwards is fuking stupid at this stage

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm looking to wait till 2nd half of this season to gauge the backline kids furure propects in FG so in my evaluation to date the locks next yr will be only Fox Kiraz, Critta and Burton at 5/8.
Next in line Alamoti - Averillo Perham still need to convince me they are defensively sound in FG.
Get us a# 7 and a top line prop is still our mission

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking to wait till 2nd half of this season to gauge the backline kids furure propects in FG so in my evaluation to date the locks next yr will be only Fox Kiraz, Critta and Burton at 5/8.
Next in line Alamoti - Averillo Perham still need to convince me they are defensively sound in FG.
Get us a# 7 and a top line prop is still our mission
Apparently he’s changed his name to Alamonti Python ..

Image1679312203.634304.jpg

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo doesn’t have a contract beyond this season. I think with who we have already contacted in outside backs for 2024. Averillo will be lucky if he gets a new contract with us.
I proceeded on the basis that he will stay on. I can't see him being on massive money and he can fill in positions 1-7, 14 pretty comfortably if called upon. He's a great squad player and handy to have.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo will be given a whole season to learn the position. Then next year it will be a shooting match between him and Xerri.
what about Skelton? What do we do with Skelton ? he is killing it in NSW cup

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
what about Skelton? What do we do with Skelton ? he is killing it in NSW cup
Where does he play? Kiraz and Fox killing it. He may get an opportunity during origin or if there are some injuries. Burns and Okunbor seem to be in the mix too.