Opinion Where will Crichton play?

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely Crighton has signed for fullback. If Averillo keeps up his form I can see him staying in the centres.
Watching alamoti yesterday maybe the plan is to move him into the back row ? Either Xerri or Alamoti will surely go into the back row
You’re easily pleased if you’re impressed with Averillo’s performances.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Averillo plays good this season and we can resign him for long term for relatively cheap

Xerria plays good next season and he’s gonna demand a cock load of money for a long term deal

we already have too much cap invested in the backline

Financially, it makes the most sense to take advantage of our juniors who will take less to stay. Ciro has also said he believes avo can be one of the elite centres in the comp.

I would personally be transitioning Xerri to the back row, the guy has put on at least 10-20kg to when he last played
There’ll be no premiership glory anytime soon carrying players like Avo in the team. Alomoti has shown in his first 3 weeks of first grade that he’s twice the player Averillo is and ever will be.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’ll be no premiership glory anytime soon carrying players like Avo in the team. Alomoti has shown in his first 3 weeks of first grade that he’s twice the player Averillo is and ever will be.
How has he shown that? Averillo has easily had more impact than him in the first 3 games

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Xerri went from NSW Cup, to NRL and then to be in SOO contention in under 1 year, when he was 18/19. He played for 13 years from when he was 6 years old. Anyone who thinks it going to take him more than a handful of games to demand NRL selection is just being illogically negative.

Always a Bulldog
Exactly my point just in more detail lol..add in fierce determination for lots of opportunities lost(by his own hand).

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We gave him fullback money so you'd assume fullback. If he fails then he'll move to centres. He's a quality centre. I think Perham will be out of the team or utility depending on what happens with Averillo and Xerri.
Averillo Xerri and even Skelton are a work in progress for the centre position as far as I'm concerned but I'm confident all of them will be very good, and with Alamoti we will have a treasure of centers.
The sad thing is we wont be able to keep them all.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I seriously cannot see Xerri as a walk-in next season. At least not from the beginning anyway.
Nobody “walks in” to the team these days, they have to farkin earn it, prove it, work hard for it, demand to be picked by their form and commitment and they will be rewarded. My view is that Xerri will earn a spot very quickly but Ciraldo is not going to just give it to him, he will have to be better than whoever else is competing for it.

Always a Bulldog

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Nobody “walks in” to the team these days, they have to farkin earn it, prove it, work hard for it, demand to be picked by their form and commitment and they will be rewarded. My view is that Xerri will earn a spot very quickly but Ciraldo is not going to just give it to him, he will have to be better than whoever else is competing for it.

Always a Bulldog
This is obvious. I was more alluding to the fact that many have him in there from the get-go.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we’re to believe that Crichton didn’t sign to play fullback, where does he take over in ‘24?

This is if Averillo, Perham, and Alamoti all keep playing outstanding and improve every week as they have been

Keep in mind we do bring Xerri on board too (who I think should switch to the second row) and both Averillo and Perham are off contract

Early days, I know, but curious
Xerri and Chritta in the centres. After seeing alamoti full flight I think Aiden Tolman can chase him down. Too slow and not very athletic. Also Averillos defence against Tigers was shocking. As per usual. Then high level teams will exploit him and the flange next to each other

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol. You want to throw our best center prospect into the forwards? Who cares about express pace. We won the 04 GF with Tonga/Harris who weren't exactly speedsters. He's got all the skill sets to be a great center. He can defend, break tackles and setup his outside man.
But do you think it’s the same game?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I proceeded on the basis that he will stay on. I can't see him being on massive money and he can fill in positions 1-7, 14 pretty comfortably if called upon. He's a great squad player and handy to have.
It’s not even the money. The squad balance needs to managed. Averillo taking up a top 30 spot with the amount of backs already signed for 2024 isn’t good for the balance of the roster.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spot on. That's why when he got the ball from the intersept he looked straight to JAC.
I’m not sure CC is looking for more speed on the left side, someone who can bend the line, break tackles, and get good clean ball to JAC and Kikau and be strong defensively might be more important than speed at the moment.

He set JAC up for 2 try’s, he keeps doing that every game & why do we need more speed.

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Xerri and Chritta in the centres. After seeing alamoti full flight I think Aiden Tolman can chase him down. Too slow and not very athletic. Also Averillos defence against Tigers was shocking. As per usual. Then high level teams will exploit him and the flange next to each other
too slow yet still made 2 long range tries work.

The first try he intercepted and had the patience and understanding to pass to fox at the right time instead of taking on Naden himself or panicking and throwing a bad ball

The second try broke a couple tackles to make the line break and once again went to pass at the right time, and his second pass in that play, the Tigers defenders couldn’t have done better, but his strength got him to get through them and make the pass

The bloke is a freak and Addo-Carr trusts him. We havnt seen Xerri play NRL in 4 years, and you trust him more because he has speed? Alamoti will only get better, maybe not faster, but better

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Skelton is long overdue to get a go. He has all the makings for a great player. If he isn't the next centre or winger in line for a shot its laughable

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m wouldn’t say Hayze will ever be Edwards level, but it’s a bit unfair to judge him after just a few games … Edwards has played a shit load of footy with those guys he has a lot of quality players around him and is playing in a 2 x premiership winning team, with 2 class half’s.

I’m already seeing Hayze’s confidence growing and I’m seeing he’s building some combinations, let’s see how he’s going after 10 or 15 games ..
I reckon Hayze is going to kill it. If we can get our lazy bastards to follow for a offload.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Skelton is long overdue to get a go. He has all the makings for a great player. If he isn't the next centre or winger in line for a shot its laughable
His defense is horrible, needs lots of work, has potential, but far from ready, will get targeted and exposed.

Always a Bulldog