When did the Bulldogs go from Walter White to Heisenberg?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How?
He brought us to two grand finals
So what,he set the club back 5 years,Greg Eastwood $850k final year,Tolman $800k final year,Moses mbye on ridiculous money ,etc,etc,Hasler and castle,and mr dib,really did some damage,how about you start writing,some positive things about our club,take your negative shit,out to Redfern,and while you’re at it,set up camp there,.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not just the Bulldogs that have gone down this path. The game as a whole has lost its fabric and sole. The introduction of the salary cap means that it’s now a business. Loyalty from players and clubs is now a thing of the past. I loved the 80’s and 90’s as much as anyone. But the game has moved on from the whole family club and loyalty concept and become more business like. For its financial survival it has had to do so. We are very lucky to still have a game that is heavily televised and attended to be part of . Whilst I miss the old days I accept that this is the way forward and will continue to support the Bulldogs as I have always done .

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad why should the club award poor off field behaviour? It was well known Barba had issues and when he didn’t get what he wanted he dropped his lip and then agitated for a release. We saw how he ended up too. I think the club handled it well personally.
Hi DinkumDog. I'm unsure if the problems were before or after we refused the upgrade. I remember thinking at the time that Des or whoever was making a mistake after the season he had in 2012 then the bad behaviour stories came out. He probably did get a big head. I just thought he wouldn't have asked for a release if we'd paid him a bit more and then we could have worked on his problems in house. As we know he ended up being pretty successful at the Sharks.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Correct & a big mistake was made not charging the girl for making false allegations. The mud is stuck on the club permanently now. False allegations need to be pursued just as much as real ones. False allegations make it harder for real victims.
The corrupt police agenda had as much, or more, influence on the Bulldogs Rape Crisis as the lying accuser. Seems it was revenge on her part for poor treatment and slut shaming.

That issue should have been handled much better in seeking an immediate mediation with her with solicitors and councillors in attendance if that was at all possible.

Her friend didn't believe her yet the cops decided to go full glory hogs.

Who can ever forget Jason Breton. Case dropped but he still wanted to save face by casting doubt.

Hughes gets case reviewed and asks for police apology. Anyone got info on how that ended?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/59y3ki
And then a reputable cop comes forward and tells the whole tawdry story of police and political cover up.

I hope we have learnt from it in so many ways.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Rape never happened. get the facts correct
Shows the power of the media when myth becomes fact. Most fans of other teams remain convinced we did it; yet Cronulla and Johns were found out in NZ, and it was quickly and quietly buried. Same for their drug problems.

Ask people today, and they will tell you the Sharks are cleanskins; Parra and Storm didn't deserve to be penalised for cap breaches, but the Dogs are dirty cheats and rapists.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The corrupt police agenda had as much, or more, influence on the Bulldogs Rape Crisis as the lying accuser. Seems it was revenge on her part for poor treatment and slut shaming.

That issue should have been handled much better in seeking an immediate mediation with her with solicitors and councillors in attendance if that was at all possible.

Her friend didn't believe her yet the cops decided to go full glory hogs.

Who can ever forget Jason Breton. Case dropped but he still wanted to save face by casting doubt.

Hughes gets case reviewed and asks for police apology. Anyone got info on how that ended?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/59y3ki
And then a reputable cop comes forward and tells the whole tawdry story of police and political cover up.

I hope we have learnt from it in so many ways.
It was alleged that she had psychological issues, and was hidden from the media for her own protection; and to keep the case against the Dogs in the headlines.

The police apparently had nothing, and were leaking unfounded rumours to the salivating media, in the hope that a player might break under pressure and confess all. They were tapping players' phones looking for something, and still found nothing. Keeping up the pretense that they had a case was all they could do, as there was political pressure on them to convict. Had the media had access to interview the girl their case might have folded.

It was a shameful exercise; and the politicians, media, and police walked away unaffected, while the Dogs and fans still carry the stigma.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Shows the power of the media when myth becomes fact. Most fans of other teams remain convinced we did it; yet Cronulla and Johns were found out in NZ, and it was quickly and quietly buried. Same for their drug problems.

Ask people today, and they will tell you the Sharks are cleanskins; Parra and Storm didn't deserve to be penalised for cap breaches, but the Dogs are dirty cheats and rapists.
That's the crux of the Telegraph and Murdoch witch hunt against the Bulldogs.

Their M.O. is to construct a baddie in the eyes of the public to divide and conquer.

The club's ethnic diversity plays a major role in why we are the obvious guy in the black hat. It is perpetrated amongst the general public who don't just make this up themselves...the Murdoch press are fully responsible for continually reinforcing a bad image of us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It was alleged that she had psychological issues, and was hidden from the media for her own protection; and to keep the case against the Dogs in the headlines.

The police apparently had nothing, and were leaking unfounded rumours to the salivating media, in the hope that a player might break under pressure and confess all. They were tapping players' phones looking for something, and still found nothing. Keeping up the pretense that they had a case was all they could do, as there was political pressure on them to convict. Had the media had access to interview the girl their case might have folded.

It was a shameful exercise; and the politicians, media, and police walked away unaffected, while the Dogs and fans still carry the stigma.
There were several police who suffered from ptsd due to the corrupt handling of this case apparently.

My 3 links are above.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Three stand outs, letting Mason , SBW and Barba walking out of the joint with no respect or regard for the club.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler- horrible human. Fucked us over deluxe, just seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now 3 years after his payout!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler, Raleen, Dib, T Tex, and Lichaa sucked the soul out of the club and the fans by the end of their tenures

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
How?
He brought us to two grand finals
We had 1 good year 2012 which many say was more Dymock than des. 2014 was a fluke because other teams got injuries. He was useless from than on. For the record I posted in the early rounds of 2014 that des should be sacked. I got hammered because we were winning. His coaching , style of play was negative. He gets a lot of praise but he is fucking shit. That manly team, he had naturally gifted players. He had top class players who were the best on their positions . It's wasn't his coaching. I stand by he is a myth.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
One thing I’ve always been ashamed of as a fan is not knowing who the alleged rapists were. No ones ever actually told me to this day. Back then I took a two year timeout from the dogs to try out supporting Penrith so wasnt really paying that much attention at the time.
I can put together that one of them went on to be a star elsewhere and another I believe was a young gun who disappeared and that Mason wasn’t involved but watched, but who was the third? I’d appreciate a Pm

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's the crux of the Telegraph and Murdoch witch hunt against the Bulldogs.

Their M.O. is to construct a baddie in the eyes of the public to divide and conquer.

The club's ethnic diversity plays a major role in why we are the obvious guy in the black hat. It is perpetrated amongst the general public who don't just make this up themselves...the Murdoch press are fully responsible for continually reinforcing a bad image of us.
The ethnic element was strong when we had the greatest point scorer in the history of the game, and he was of Middle Eastern appearance at a time when there was a lot of tension between Lebanese and Anglo communities. It didn't sit well with the media who were doing their bit to raise fears about Muslims and asylum seekers, so the Dogs had to be taken down.

911 and the Cronulla riots were prominent in the public's mind. The Coffs incident was a gift from heaven for the racist journos. All they needed was to stir up the Bulldog supporters and they had a headline that would rate well for their readers and advertisers. That's why things like the Johns drug issues and Cronulla's gang rape were treated lightly; while we were the home of 'terrorist ' fans, and were fair game. Their readers are always hungry for a scapegoat to blame for their miserable lives.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The ethnic element was strong when we had the greatest point scorer in the history of the game, and he was of Middle Eastern appearance at a time when there was a lot of tension between Lebanese and Anglo communities. It didn't sit well with the media who were doing their bit to raise fears about Muslims and asylum seekers, so the Dogs had to be taken down.

911 and the Cronulla riots were prominent in the public's mind. The Coffs incident was a gift from heaven for the racist journos. All they needed was to stir up the Bulldog supporters and they had a headline that would rate well for their readers and advertisers. That's why things like the Johns drug issues and Cronulla's gang rape were treated lightly; while we were the home of 'terrorist ' fans, and were fair game. Their readers are always hungry for a scapegoat to blame for their miserable lives.
It's readership clicks and baits 101.

The lack of diversity with the media ownership and dominance of Newscorp/Fox in our sport coverage, totally distorts the public's perception of the Canterbury/Bankstown area...let alone the footy club that represents the area.

For our little area of interest in the Bulldogs, the only way of countering this is WINNING games to get back standing and respect.

Thats why its so important to a lot of us to have a successful team.

It's obvious we aren't even close yet but its also obvious that we have a good plan and are working towards that.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing I’ve always been ashamed of as a fan is not knowing who the alleged rapists were. No ones ever actually told me to this day. Back then I took a two year timeout from the dogs to try out supporting Penrith so wasnt really paying that much attention at the time.
I can put together that one of them went on to be a star elsewhere and another I believe was a young gun who disappeared and that Mason wasn’t involved but watched, but who was the third? I’d appreciate a Pm
Where did you get that information? The girl allegedly engaged in consensual sex with a couple of players, then came back the next day for more, and was told to go away. She got angry, and made the story up about the rape.

The prosecution dropped the case because her story kept changing every time the police interviewed her. Each time she heard some fake fact, leaked by the police and broadcast on 2GB, she went to the police to say that she now remembered that happening. The whole thing was poorly handled, and became a total sham - but the anti-Muslim public, who saw the Dogs as the home of terrorists, loved it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

I’m sorry I’m leb but this isn’t true.
We had just come off 9/11 and the Bali bombings and tensions were indeed high because skaf and co we’re doing their sakes as were others. The tension wasn’t just ‘racism’ at all. There were real issues.
Things got better when Lebanese blended in more and made more effort. Giving their kids names like Mitchell Moses etc and worked together. Aussies will respect you if you respect them I’ve noticed.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry I’m leb but this isn’t true.
We had just come off 9/11 and the Bali bombings and tensions were indeed high because skaf and co we’re doing their sakes as were others. The tension wasn’t just ‘racism’ at all. There were real issues.
Those were indeed issues, but they had nothing to do with the Bulldogs. What was done to the club and fans was pure racism. Tensions were running hot, and we were the perfect target.

The media painted us as if we were linked to, and part of the types of people who did those atrocities; simply because of the area we represented, and because our star winger was Muslim. From my experience, being a Belmore boy, everyone I spoke to in those days saw Lakemba as a breeding ground for terrorists; and the Dog's fans were seen as thugs and rapists. I was constantly asked why would I support a team whose fans wanted to destroy the country, and attack innocent women.

Even today I still get smart comments about me living in "Leb Central". They think all gangland shootings and police raids happen in the Canterbury Bankstown area, and that your car will be stolen if you leave it in the street.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Even today I still get smart comments about me living in "Leb Central". They think all gangland shootings and police raids happen in the Canterbury Bankstown area, and that your car will be stolen if you leave it in the street.
R they wrong ?