What's your favourite strike combo to start a fight? Be imaginative

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mine is as follows ... Assuming you predict a fight is gonna eventuate you don't want to let your opponent fire off the first combo.. so be first and early ..

Here is my ideal circumstances.. some light jousting of words and at this point your opponent is on very mild alert , maybe 2/10..

I'd love to have a glass of water handy, full of course (I'm a glass full type of guy).. you pick it up as if you want to have a drink and your opponent disarms thinking your gonna have a sip, then from under the son, you splash their face with the entire cup of water and as the water splashes them, meet them with a headbutt, then follow up with a immediately with a one two combo to the chin, followed by a big uppercut and to finish , a karate chop to the side of the neck.

The glass of water stuns them and before they blink they receive a premium buffet of strikes. Beautiful..

I'm sure a few of you will have a roundhouse story.

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh so you're a coward when it comes to fighting? Fair enough, so am I.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh so you're a coward when it comes to fighting? Fair enough, so am I.
A coward? A good fighter doesn't tell his opponent what he's about to do? You don't come from different corners and wait for a bell do you?

I'm saying only if you more than sure a fight could start, not in anyway would I suggest to coward punch someone. Or hit someone that is not aggressive toward you.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mine is as follows ... Assuming you predict a fight is gonna eventuate you don't want to let your opponent fire off the first combo.. so be first and early ..

Here is my ideal circumstances.. some light jousting of words and at this point your opponent is on very mild alert , maybe 2/10..

I'd love to have a glass of water handy, full of course (I'm a glass full type of guy).. you pick it up as if you want to have a drink and your opponent disarms thinking your gonna have a sip, then from under the son, you splash their face with the entire cup of water and as the water splashes them, meet them with a headbutt, then follow up with a immediately with a one two combo to the chin, followed by a big uppercut and to finish , a karate chop to the side of the neck.

The glass of water stuns them and before they blink they receive a premium buffet of strikes. Beautiful..

I studied Wing Chun under a real master - Sifu Jim Fung. His advice was, the minute someone mouths off at you, you are in a fight. The best and smartest thing to do is run away. It does not make you a coward, just very smart.
If you can't run away- don't wait for the first punch, strike first -and strike the guy mouthing off.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I studied Wing Chun under a real master - Sifu Jum Fung. His advice was, the minute someone mouths off at you, you are in a fight. The best and smartest thing to do is run away. It does not make you a coward, just very smart.
If you can't run away- don't wait for the first punch, strike first -and strike the guy mouthing off.
I spent years studying under a Ninjutsu Master. I basically learned every way there is to defend yourself against a 17th century Samurai, and all the different ways to bite a guy in the balls.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like to to go invisible, then I generally slash him with a claw that comes out of my hand.

My next move is to spray some of my web on him that shoots out when I flex my wrist, swiftly followed by a laser beam that comes out of my eyes.

Then I generally turn green and muscles pop out everywhere and I beat him to a pulp.

Pretty simple really.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I spent years studying under a Ninjutsu Master. I basically learned every way there is to defend yourself against a 17th century Samurai, and all the different ways to bite a guy in the balls.
I was a tour guide in Japan for a while.
Watched a traditional smithy working in a village about 60km out of Kyoto. He had the old fashion forge driven by a water wheel. He wears traditional dress, and works without a break. I watched him as he folded the metal over and over; hammered it, added a bit of charcoal, folded it, and hammered it - wrapped it in a special clay, put it back into the fire until it was white hot, hammered it to break off any impurities, folded it in the forge by driving a wedge into the centre of the ingot, then hammer it over and hammer it back into an ingot - then into the fire. He repeats this process many, many times. Takes him 6 months to make a Katana. The finished product is amazing with its balance and patina on the blade. Incredibly sharp. Incredibly expensive - about $25k for one of his swords. He makes and sells butter knives as souvenirs - $600 each.

The only way to stop a Katana with your bare hands is to catch it by slapping both hands together onto the sides of the blade, and hold it tight. You have to be lightning fast.

Samurai fought duels like the old west, where the fastest on the draw won. A killing stroke on the draw was the paragon - they didn't go much into prolonged swordfights. In battle, they used bows, and later, muskets. The traditional fighting we see in movies only came after the Tokugawa regime, when the country was unified and big battles were a thing of the past. Samurai had been low order fighters - the name means "to serve" - during the regime they became titled landlords and perfected their fighting techniques to an elevated status, much like the knights in Europe.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was a tour guide in Japan for a while.
Watched a traditional smithy working in a village about 60km out of Kyoto. He had the old fashion forge driven by a water wheel. He wears traditional dress, and works without a break. I watched him as he folded the metal over and over; hammered it, added a bit of charcoal, folded it, and hammered it - wrapped it in a special clay, put it back into the fire until it was white hot, hammered it to break off any impurities, folded it in the forge by driving a wedge into the centre of the ingot, then hammer it over and hammer it back into an ingot - then into the fire. He repeats this process many, many times. Takes him 6 months to make a Katana. The finished product is amazing with its balance and patina on the blade. Incredibly sharp. Incredibly expensive - about $25k for one of his swords. He makes and sells butter knives as souvenirs - $600 each.

The only way to stop a Katana with your bare hands is to catch it by slapping both hands together onto the sides of the blade, and hold it tight. You have to be lightning fast.

Samurai fought duels like the old west, where the fastest on the draw won. A killing stroke on the draw was the paragon - they didn't go much into prolonged swordfights. In battle, they used bows, and later, muskets. The traditional fighting we see in movies only came after the Tokugawa regime, when the country was unified and big battles were a thing of the past. Samurai had been low order fighters - the name means "to serve" - during the regime they became titled landlords and perfected their fighting techniques to an elevated status, much like the knights in Europe.
Katana is tricky due to being incredibly sharp and incredibly well made. It's one flaw is it's length and how thin it is. Even though it seems like it could cut through anything, hacking at bone destroys the Katana. It's also easily beaten by a stronger blade (like a galdius) or a shield. But it is long and light so it's difficult to fight a master.

In Ninjutsu training they teach you to get in close as soon as combat starts. If the combatant is left handed then step in to the right. If they're right handed then step in to the left while keeping a small form (arms close to the body crossed with palms out)

From there you can do many things but the easiest way to beat them is by grabbing the hilt with your closest hand, punching off the their other hand with your other hand, putting your other hand on the back of the blade then pulling back while pushing the blade through. The result is that you used their blade to cut them from the groin up.

Ninjas really don't like balls.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Play to your strengths, mine is a nice headbutt, most normal people wouldn't be expecting that lol
"A nice headbutt". Lol.. how many renters receiving a headbutt would think gee that was nice? :grinning:

I like your headbutt style but you need to splash them with a glass of water first.. then like a half volley land a headbutt.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A coward? A good fighter doesn't tell his opponent what he's about to do? You don't come from different corners and wait for a bell do you?

I'm saying only if you more than sure a fight could start, not in anyway would I suggest to coward punch someone. Or hit someone that is not aggressive toward you.
That is exactly what you are suggesting "you pick it up as if you want to have a drink and your opponent disarms thinking your gonna have a sip, then from under the son, you splash their face with the entire cup of water and as the water splashes them, meet them with a headbutt, then follow up with a immediately with a one two combo to the chin, followed by a big uppercut and to finish , a karate chop to the side of the neck."

The fight has not started and you "disarm" them only to then throw the water in their face and then follow up with some true cowardly actions. If your water splashes another, do they have the right to coward attack you without provocation as you have done?

I'll take a beating to defend my family and have done, but the reason I walk/run away from a fight is simple, I can't fight. Neither can you by reading this thread, but only one of us has the courage to to admit it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I try to stay clear of fighting and only resort to it as a last resort if i am trying to defend myself from an oncoming attack. Having done Karate and BJJ I try implementing elements when needed. Using BJJ in a street fight isn't ideal, but you are able to use it to your advantage, as in someone like me who isn't the biggest of people against a bigger opponent. I have subdued several people in the past who tried fighting me. It's very embarrassing for them to get taken down and choked or arm barred in the situation. Thing is, everyone gets to walk away, with only someone's pride being the casualty.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is exactly what you are suggesting "you pick it up as if you want to have a drink and your opponent disarms thinking your gonna have a sip, then from under the son, you splash their face with the entire cup of water and as the water splashes them, meet them with a headbutt, then follow up with a immediately with a one two combo to the chin, followed by a big uppercut and to finish , a karate chop to the side of the neck."

The fight has not started and you "disarm" them only to then throw the water in their face and then follow up with some true cowardly actions. If your water splashes another, do they have the right to coward attack you without provocation as you have done?

I'll take a beating to defend my family and have done, but the reason I walk/run away from a fight is simple, I can't fight. Neither can you by reading this thread, but only one of us has the courage to to admit it.
This is where you are in the dark. If you know a fight is more than likely going to start, you start it and more than likely finish it, you dont wait for them to start it and on the backfoot try compose and respond.

I'm not for one moment suggesting to pick on someone that has no intention to threaten you with violence .. I have never struck anyone who didn't need it.

This is about there is a threat, it is more than likely going to escalate to a fight, I'm saying get in early, distract and fire early, be in control of the situation.

In a real fight there isn't a etiquette to trade punch for a punch, stand square or refrain using certain moves, you need to surprise and overwhelm your opponent and not get hit yourself

The reason why you say you can't fight, maybe you announce ahead of time what your gonna do and your opponent is able to read you and stun you. Pro tip: Don't say "I'm gonna knock you out if you dont stop".. they will thankyou with an early headbut

Last edited: