what's with the "poor" melbourne storm!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And another thing..

Can you imagine it were us cheating the cap AGAIN?

How do you think we would be portrayed by the media?? The media would be writing 10 articles a week calling for us to be removed from the NRL because we are "back to our old ways and will never change".

Not just from the media, but from opposition fans and people like Phil Gould.
Whatever credibility Phil Gould had went out the window the second he tried to turn this around on the NRL. Not once has he acknowledged Melbourne's cheating and is using this situation to push his agenda.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Whatever credibility Phil Gould had went out the window the second he tried to turn this around on the NRL. Not once has he acknowledged Melbourne's cheating and is using this situation to push his agenda.
That's the funny thing with Gould.

He is right many a time, but you can always read his bias. It's written on the blokes forehead.

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Totally agreed. Putting the Bulldogs aside. People need to remember the fact that MELBOURNE WERE, actually they still are, CHEATING FOR FIVE YEARS. Dckheads in the media, like Phil Gould, are only using this situation to push their own agenda(s). Why the fck should Melbourne be able to collect points? Did they magically come under the salary cap over night? They're still playing with an illegal team and brain dead dckheads like Gould need to remember that and stop feeling sorry for CHEATERS. "You forced Melbourne to cheat" give me a fcking break you fat cnt. Remember the other 15 teams who didn't rort the cap by almost 2 million, Gould? Remember them? You have an obsession with one of them.

I don't buy that no players knew they were getting paid extra. I suppose every player in the NRL got cars, boats and 20K gift vouchers when they signed their contract? Bellamy also knew regardless of how many times he, or other people, deny it. Matt Elliot was asked if he knew what his players are on and he replied yes. I'm sure Bellamy knew what his superstars were on too. I'm sure he knew what the best team this past decade was on.

I don't know about anyone else but to pin five years or cheating and rorting on ONE man is so fcking stupid. Are you gonna sit there and tell me that one person, and one person only, rorted, dodged and came up with this entire scheme all by himself? No one else knew. Not one other executive knew? Not one player knew? Coach didn't know? Five years, one genius, who must have worked 24/7 for 5 years did this all by himself? Yep, makes sense to me. That's totally believable.

And Bellamy needs to STFU about this dignity and integrity garbage. You cheated for 5 fcking years, you have no integrity, asswipe.

Even if Melbourne do, somehow, fit under the cap this season they still don't deserve sht. They have been playing with an illegal team for 7 rounds and have screwed other teams out of competition points with their illegal team. Fck Melbourne and fck Gould.

(Note how many time I have justifiably used the word "cheat" and "Illegal", Gould you fat fck?)
I LOL'd so much when you called him a fat c!

I agree with you completely, Gould is ****ing crazy and the Storm should NOT be able to gain any competition points this year, not when they are STILL fielding an illegal team.
You know what Matsta you have a point mate.

This whole Storm saga is being protrayed as if we should all feel sorry for them. I certainly feel sorry for the players and coach, but the punishment had to be done. It sucks, and I would have preferred another way - but really there was no other option! We've all been robbed of the last 5 years of football thanks to this club. Even this year won't be as real anymore.

Where is the justice in that??

Yet when it happened to the Bulldogs, we were bashed by everyone - including Phil Gould on the Footy Show.

Have a cry Melbourne - you've robbed us of 5 years of real football. If their club sinks, I honestly don't care. NRL has already sunk to a new low anyway.
Agreed, agreed, agreeeeed.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was only saying the same thing on Sunday watching the Sunday Footy Show, there was no debating with Gallop and other coaches and Ceo's they were just calling the Bulldogs cheats, zero sympathy for the players and supporters, I'm over the whole they've been punished to harshly its like they want to have one set of rules for Melbourne and one for the Bulldogs.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its pretty clear Gould wants to attack teh NRL. The spastics could not even figure it out on their own, salary cap is a ****fight

sirpartyman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All this sympothy for these storm cheats make me sick!! Of couse the players knew.Bugger the lot kick em out for the year i say!

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
This post should probably be in here.

Melbourne Storm are cheating scum, I don't feel any sympathy for them, their fans enjoy 5 years of dominating the competition illegally while other teams had to suffer and had the chance to win a premiership only to get beat by an illegal team, ****ing scumbags they've tarnished the last 5 years of the competition they deserve everything they get.

Gould is a ****** making pathetic excuses to push his childish agenda.
Here's a list of players the Broncos have lost since 2006 they could of easily kept had they been cheating scum like Melbourne

Berrigan – SOO and International
Carlaw – SOO and International
Petro – SOO and International
Eastwood – International
K. Hunt – SOO and International
Tom Learoyd-Lars
Stagg – SOO
Tate – SOO and International
Boyd – SOO and International
Hannant – SOO and International
Casey McGuire – SOO
Ennis – SOO
Dave Taylor

Imagine all those players in the Broncos team, we would be unstoppable as well.
Melbourne are not champions, they are cheats if Bulldogs could of cheated the salary cap and kept Thurston, SBW, etc they would be able to dominate a well and the same goes for almost every other team.

Champions my arse, cheating scums is the only title they deserve and for anyone to say otherwise is just plain kidding themselves.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
I read in the SMH that Melb memberships have risen as a result of this, really doesn't surprise me tbh!
The media + the club have named their villain - Waldorn, claiming that the faces of the club i.e. coach + players are innocent and the public have bought it. As long as they have one bad guy to blame for the destruction of the media darlings.
Personally, I don't believe that players / coach had no knowledge at all to this and I will be interested to see what develops here.
The 2002 doggies situation was a little before my time, can I ask if any of our players then admitted or were found guilty of knowing about the salary cap breaches?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
whats the deal with them letting the storm still play in the comp this year with a side still over the cap?? i mean yes they got all the fines,points stripped and can't gain points for the season,but they are still playing against the rest of the comp with an illegal team.
that means they are still using a cheating side and will no doubt effect some teams progress to the top 8.is that not unfair to the rest of the comp??i would be pissed knowing a loss to the storm(over the cap side) this season stopped me from making it.
they need to drop some players til the side is under the cap for the rest of the season or gtfo of the comp this season as they will still impact sides gunning for the 8!!!

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This post should probably be in here.

Melbourne Storm are cheating scum, I don't feel any sympathy for them, their fans enjoy 5 years of dominating the competition illegally while other teams had to suffer and had the chance to win a premiership only to get beat by an illegal team, ****ing scumbags they've tarnished the last 5 years of the competition they deserve everything they get.

Gould is a ****** making pathetic excuses to push his childish agenda.
Here's a list of players the Broncos have lost since 2006 they could of easily kept had they been cheating scum like Melbourne

Berrigan – SOO and International
Carlaw – SOO and International
Petro – SOO and International
Eastwood – International
K. Hunt – SOO and International
Tom Learoyd-Lars
Stagg – SOO
Tate – SOO and International
Boyd – SOO and International
Hannant – SOO and International
Casey McGuire – SOO
Ennis – SOO
Dave Taylor

Imagine all those players in the Broncos team, we would be unstoppable as well.
Melbourne are not champions, they are cheats if Bulldogs could of cheated the salary cap and kept Thurston, SBW, etc they would be able to dominate a well and the same goes for almost every other team.

Champions my arse, cheating scums is the only title they deserve and for anyone to say otherwise is just plain kidding themselves.
You raise a good point..... all the other clubs should be filthy..... these
cheating scumbags have dudded teams out of finals for the last 5 years....
from memory the Bronco's in the last 2 years one game before the GF......

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read in the SMH that Melb memberships have risen as a result of this, really doesn't surprise me tbh!
The media + the club have named their villain - Waldorn, claiming that the faces of the club i.e. coach + players are innocent and the public have bought it. As long as they have one bad guy to blame for the destruction of the media darlings.
Personally, I don't believe that players / coach had no knowledge at all to this and I will be interested to see what develops here.
The 2002 doggies situation was a little before my time, can I ask if any of our players then admitted or were found guilty of knowing about the salary cap breaches?
To answer your question: no, they all claimed to have no knowledge. There was a revelation that Braith Anasta was paid a promotional commission by the yet to be built Oasis development. Lists of overpayments were published by the media - with gusto. But, all players claimed that they had no idea what each other were on.
The administration of the club were found to be the culprits, and players innocent pawns in the whole saga.

The players and fans were monstered by by supporters of all clubs, spurred on by the vitriol in the press.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
To answer your question: no, they all claimed to have no knowledge. There was a revelation that Braith Anasta was paid a promotional commission by the yet to be built Oasis development. Lists of overpayments were published by the media - with gusto. But, all players claimed that they had no idea what each other were on.
The administration of the club were found to be the culprits, and players innocent pawns in the whole saga.

The players and fans were monstered by by supporters of all clubs, spurred on by the vitriol in the press.
thanks for that. Just goes to show that we are the club that people love to hate i guess.

the Coyote

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to remember....02, was not long after the Super League war.....

The ARL teams like the Eels, Drag-queens & Rorters were jealous of the
cash rich Superleague clubs like us and the Bronco's....

Even now.....some of these idiots still have a gripe with the teams that
went to Superleague...... so we were hated, well before 02 and Coffs
Harbour.......

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
You raise a good point..... all the other clubs should be filthy..... these
cheating scumbags have dudded teams out of finals for the last 5 years....
from memory the Bronco's in the last 2 years one game before the GF......
The last 2 years straight(well 3 but 2007 we were never a chance) the Broncos were knocked out of the finals while in red hot form by the Melbourne Storm. Cheating scum potentially robbed the Broncos of 2 premierships.
Obviously nothing is certain but results would of been different had they not been over the cap by cheating.
Absolute

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitly agree with the all the sentiment in this thread.

My opinion has changed a couple of times since it broke, but im definitly on the wave length of many of you now

The last 2 years straight(well 3 but 2007 we were never a chance) the Broncos were knocked out of the finals while in red hot form by the Melbourne Storm. Cheating scum potentially robbed the Broncos of 2 premierships.
Obviously nothing is certain but results would of been different had they not been over the cap by cheating.
Absolute
If the Broncos had of not had so many injuries in the GF qualifier last year i believe they would have beaten melbourne and probably gone the whole way

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Brisbane can consider themselves lucky this has happened now and now years ago :p

how brisbane were able to keep lockyer, tallis, petero and webke all at the same time im not too sure considering you had some many rep players in that team who would have been on decent coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.