What's everyone do for work / make a living

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was smashing out heaven and hell love children of the sea,love dio love ozzy era due to those stoner big riffs, even Tony Martin era sabbath had some good stuff, been smashing early pentagram also very sabbathy riffs
Awesome. Heaven and Hell - love the Dio vocals, Iommi lead guitar and Geezer Butler's bass on that track. First got into Black Sabbath when my big cousin had some vinyl back in the 70s - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and self titled Black Sabbath. I was pretty young and thought it was pretty evil and so on (which I guess it was for back then). Later years all time favourite album (Dio era) was Mob Rules. Love the whole album but especially the guitar right at the end - Tony Iommi on "Over and Over" just keeps going and going. Those were the good old days for sure. Some of the Dio solo stuff is pretty cool too - like Holy Diver and Sacred Heart.
I love the Headless Cross album with Tony Martin. A favourite track from that album is When Death Calls. I just love the whole build up at the start of the song to when it kicks in.

Talking of Dio's solo stuff, I love his track Rainbow In The Dark. Dude had such an epic voice.

On another note, an old school track I've been playing a lot lately is Judist Priest's Turbo Lover. Such a good song to cruise around to while driving.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Retired, but work part time for Scott McGregor's Railway Adventures. Used to host rail tours in the Swiss Alps and Japan, but now concentrate on tours of Outback Qld, and the dinosaur sites in Far West Qld.

Also on the board of local radio station 2BACR, Vice President Australian Railway Historical Society (So much better than working for Westpac and Rams in my other life).

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I arrived in Australia just as Covid hit so I haven't worked just started looking now and its been a shit fight everything is going fast. Last 10 years I was working in Brazil as a hostel manager.

I'm looking for forklift work now.
All the best for you, mate.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Records management as public servant my goal is to 1 million Min each year
I did a bit of that for Westpac one time. I found it was easier to just put the hard copy records in archive boxes on pallets and stack them in a secure warehouse. All barcoded so they could easily be accessed if required for legal purposes.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I did a bit of that for Westpac one time. I found it was easier to just put the hard copy records in archive boxes on pallets and stack them in a secure warehouse. All barcoded so they could easily be accessed if required for legal purposes.
Shit, that was my first job, I was a records worker for the NSW Government. I worked in an office, but we had thousands of record files. The worst was calling them back from the warehouse because some idiot wanted to read something in one file. Good thing now that everything is online.