What's everyone do for work / make a living

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I used to work for Shitty Rail too from 1999 to 2006 as a Station staff/Guard/Train driver..

Now driving trains For Qld Rail..
No way, I'm a Train Guard bro. Central Depot.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Had the last 12 months off work on workcover and will probably not be allowed to return to the field.
Nasheed here,
yeah workcover is a death sentence in the trucking game.

you have a couple of outs though.

Start applying when people are desperate for truckies in that august to Sept period.

Choose low physical truck roles like b double port tankers.

Despite that, your workcover thing might be a killer but there will likely still be a few that will give you a go. if your pic is you i dont recall you being north of 40s meaning you a baby in the game where the average age is 54.
your youth should open up a few doors to the medical.

Ace that medial.
When you step into that office, playa best believe you rocky balboa up in here. Ace it. Hide your heart attack inside. Like that guy in 'gattaca'. having a 'high' rating at a medical justifies Management giving you a shot.
truckies fail the most basic medicals so just put in.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why does this not surprise me at all! People like you are what is wrong in this country, and our useless government allows the system to be rorted. You are a blight on society and you act like you are proud of it!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why does this not surprise me at all! People like you are what is wrong in this country, and our useless government allows the system to be rorted. You are a blight on society and you act like you are proud of it!
That to me?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No way, I'm a Train Guard bro. Central Depot.
Lol then you would know so many of my mates that still work there. Everyone knows the Karakis.. very close mates of mine.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
yeah workcover is a death sentence in the trucking game.

you have a couple of outs though.

Start applying when people are desperate for truckies in that august to Sept period.

Choose low physical truck roles like b double port tankers.

Despite that, your workcover thing might be a killer but there will likely still be a few that will give you a go. if your pic is you i dont recall you being north of 40s meaning you a baby in the game where the average age is 54.
your youth should open up a few doors to the medical.

Ace that medial.
When you step into that office, playa best believe you rocky balboa up in here. Ace it. Hide your heart attack inside. Like that guy in 'gattaca'. having a 'high' rating at a medical justifies Management giving you a shot.
truckies fail the most basic medicals so just put in.
Nah it's not really that I couldn't get a gig, it's more that my treating doctors are stipulating that I should not go back to truck driving... It's out of my hands.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wear a nice vest and suite jacket ,with shorts and thongs to work sitting ontop of this scaffold I ask myself what do I actually do ,in short I look after wealthy people's houses,whilst taking semi care not to chop the bosses finger off ,shoot him with a nail gun ,or electrocute him.........again
How many times, you tried to kill him?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Loaded on vallium listen to black Sabbath while working good day
Do you mean 4 real about Black Sabbath? That takes me back. Do you prefer the Ozzy Osborne era or Dio (I'll leave aside Ian Gillan on "Born Again" some of which I liked but it didn't really sound like Black Sabbath)