What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Laugh tracks in American sitcoms.. *sigh*..
Have you tried watching them without laugh tracks?

They're not even remotely funny. Whoever came up with the idea of laugh tracks is a genius. Somehow managed to make crap material seem funny.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Schitts creek haha !!!!
Not current but still a great series

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

They're not even remotely funny. Whoever came up with the idea of laugh tracks is a genius. Somehow managed to make crap material seem funny.
Don't mind the laugh track in Seinfeld and Just shoot me! those are the only american sit coms I watch. But I find them really annoying in pommy shows, the Brit's do comedy a lot better than the yanks

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Exactly ... its like the shows dumbed down to the point the laugh track is prompting them to laugh.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't mind the laugh track in Seinfeld and Just shoot me! those are the only american sit coms I watch. But I find them really annoying in pommy shows, the Brit's do comedy a lot better than the yanks
They definitely do, but Red Dwarf did an entire season without laugh tracks and it was the worst season ever.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly ... its like the shows dumbed down to the point the laugh track is prompting them to laugh.
Yeah, tell me about it. I watch a show called Psychoville, it's a British horror/comedy and a good one. I tried to get a guy I used to know to watch it and wouldn't because there's no laugh track, I asked why he needed one, and his response "because I don't know when to laugh without it" I dead set didn't know whether to punch him...not hard or just shake my head, I chose the latter

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not for me.... I find most sitcom humour forced and unfunny imho.
No no man that one was funny for me. Maybe because Adam is the Homer Simpson on that show and you just know that funny-stupid stuff is on the way so you brace for it lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Spent the past week catching up on TV Shows. Finished:

GLOW Season 1 - entertaining 80s show with some excellent subtle comedy

Westworld Season 2 - brilliant show. Season 2 started similar to season 1. A bit boring at first but quickly became a complex journey with an excellent ending setting up well for season 3

12 Monkeys Final Season - absolutely brilliant. The show started getting overly confusing and over the top but by the end it wraps it up perfectly combining the entire show into a massive finale that actually answers everything with some amazing twists

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Spent the past week catching up on TV Shows. Finished:

GLOW Season 1 - entertaining 80s show with some excellent subtle comedy

Westworld Season 2 - brilliant show. Season 2 started similar to season 1. A bit boring at first but quickly became a complex journey with an excellent ending setting up well for season 3

12 Monkeys Final Season - absolutely brilliant. The show started getting overly confusing and over the top but by the end it wraps it up perfectly combining the entire show into a massive finale that actually answers everything with some amazing twists
Westworld is the best show i have seen in a long time. I still haven't gotten around to watching season 4 of 12 monkeys, is that the final season for it(sounds like it from your comment)?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Westworld is the best show i have seen in a long time. I still haven't gotten around to watching season 4 of 12 monkeys, is that the final season for it(sounds like it from your comment)?
Yep. Season 4 is the last season. It got a little convoluted in season 2 and 3 with weird, random stuff but it all makes sense by the end of Season 4. They fully wrap it up and give a solid ending. It's rare to see a show actually get an ending now days rather than just getting axed.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Better Call Saul S4 starts Aug 7.

About time.

Still waiting for the new season of Preacher too

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Better Call Saul S4 starts Aug 7.

About time.

Still waiting for the new season of Preacher too
New Preacher has started in the US. I'm waiting for the full season so I can binge watch it.