What Is Wrong (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Their forwards dominated even though 3 of their best forwards were lost to origin

hotdiggitydogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wat u mean u "rarely comment on the kennel"
2,373 posts is ALOT and NOT a good indication of rarely lol
:P

BTW SACK GOODWIN he is slow and lethargic and hasn't been told how to run when kick returning not just jogging.

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

BTW SACK GOODWIN he is slow and lethargic and hasn't been told how to run when kick returning not just jogging.
Mate im old school kennel.. i was around during 02,03 and 04...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to agree. We ran the ball for the first ten minutes against the Dragons, and had them on the ropes. While they were sucking air, we went back to one out and die with the ball. Even Sterlo tonight couldn't work out why we were running the inside ball up the middle, being monstered by the Penrith forwards, then kicking on the fifth. He said it was dumb play and wasn't working, so why did we persist?

Been the same all year. We make ourselves easy targets.

JuStINcReDIbLe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree. We ran the ball for the first ten minutes against the Dragons, and had them on the ropes. While they were sucking air, we went back to one out and die with the ball. Even Sterlo tonight couldn't work out why we were running the inside ball up the middle, being monstered by the Penrith forwards, then kicking on the fifth. He said it was dumb play and wasn't working, so why did we persist?

Been the same all year. We make ourselves easy targets.

I understand the game plan if we boasted an international forward pack. But we don't

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Good post mate.
I'm way to frustrated to say what I really feel. This is the worst season I have ever been a part of.
I really do not want to waste my time going to watch them lose anymore! I've kept hope this long and every week I pray for our great team to turn it around but nothing....
The sharks are going to over take us next week FFS! Can't do it anymore
Like the Storm I guess we look forward to 2011

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
whole forward pack should be dropped.... no coach has ever done that, and the way them fks are playing they ALL deserve to be dropped. dont give a sh!t who they replace them with but they dont deserve to be in first grade. play crap you get dropped END OF SECTION!

olddogman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Yeah wat i was gonna say, WTF is up with this guy wat he got his contract now he dont want to play. Have noticed this not just this week either.
Lucky Melbourne lost all their points and cant earn any otherwise we would have the spoon again.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I rarely comment on the kennel but i want to make my voice heard - I have an opinion and everyone is entitled to one.

Im sick and tired of the way we are playing. Honestly it drives me insane. We play one out two dimensional football that lacks flair, creativity and freedom. If anything we have TOO much structure. I understand the game fairly well playing it for 14 years and supporting my life - I understand the needs for settlers and one up hit ups. HOWEVER Why are we playing 4 inside balls every set of 6 (even when we are on the oppositions line?). It just drives me insane. For those who think Barba is the answer you are wrong. He isnt the "answer" yet. He still needs a lot more time.

The same 2 or 3 players stick out for me every week - Stagg, Armit, Hodgson. These guys through an absolute mountain of work and need to be recognised. Without these 3 we would be losing many more games. I understand tonight we are without 3 of our better players however that isnt an excuse.

We need to show more mungrel and flair. We have arguably the best two centres in the game yet they rarely see the ball? Let the BALL ***IN SING FOR *** SAKES! Why cant our backline receive early ball and do damage? Goodwin and Turner are more than capable finishers too which makes this gameplay even more fkn frustrating.

It honestly brings me to tears watching this great club play so fkn awful. I pour my heart and soul into watching every single game and i honestly cant put into words how painful it is to be let down each and every week. You can bet i will be at the game next week however enduring another frustrating game..We have so so much promise yet we don't deliver? :(

Just one game please Bulldogs.. Turn the style on ffs and show me what you bloody train for each and every week. Get hungry and deliver.

That is all

Btw Jake Foster had a great debut - well done
I totally agree with you, Im just looking foward to being able to say geez the dogs played a great game of football and i really enjoyed it.....IT HASNT HAPPENED THIS YEAR - Im starting to wonder if it is going to happen, every week i think ok this is game where we are going to turn and then the same old story unfolds....very very Frustrating

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I understand the game plan if we boasted an international forward pack. But we don't
Exactly...

We had the same gameplan in 2006 and it worked wonders because our forwards created so much second phase play that the opposition had no answer to it...on top of that we have the best scrambling defence in the league back then....

Why the f*ck is Moore playing Warburton like he is SBW? Seriously, that average, no frills forward sees 90% of the football whereas our true stars hardly get their hands on it. Warburton can do NOTHING with the ball in hand, he is a nothing more than AVERAGE... WAKE UP KEVIN MOORE STOP THINKING HE IS MASON, SBW, ASOTASI, MYLES and etc..

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel your pain Justin.

I'm seriously numb. First time in a long time I really have nothing to add post-match.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Panthers out enthused our pack. Too many one dimensional plays from our own half with slow play the balls. Lacking execution of the spoiled chances doesn't help as well.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If i was a forward tonight i would be livid by the way the team treated me.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
JC as you know I have always held you in high regard when it comes to summing up our state, be it this year or back in 2004. As much as it pains me, I wholeheartedly agree with you that we're playing a style of football that is too structured, outdated and boring. I actually had a smile on my face by the end of the match, because you can see how Elliot has built a team from scratch and has got them playing an exciting and committed brand of football. On the other hand we have a team that is making one out plays in attack, and while defending solidly our attempts under the high ball, particularly in the centre of the field / in goal have been pathetic (Yes Patten you're terrible, constantly caught out in no man's ****ing land).

If it weren't for Stagg, Hodgson and Armit we would of been belted by 60. Their last ditch efforts have been superb week in and week out. Unfortunately, the scoreboard doesn't make me feel any better. This season is turning out to be worse than 2005, 2006 and 2008 combined. What we have at the moment is Folkes's apprentice with an even more conservative game plan. We sacked Folkes because we needed to move on. It seems like we've done this in spirit and not in practice.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Habib, we all know that Folkes would have this team cemented in the top 4.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Habib, we all know that Folkes would have this team cemented in the top 4.
Folkes did have a knack of getting semi decent squads in the top 4 regularly atleast.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
its beyond pathetic tbh....why the **** do we consistantly try make something work thats obviously not suited for this team....they are too one dimensional and teams work us out very quickly....i really dont know how to explain all the piss weak performances we have had this season

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That one off disease is still with us

Whats with all this 1 off rubbish every single game play after play?
I thought we had moved on from that after watching them(especially in the opening 20) last week against the drag queens but i guess not....Why do we keep reverting back to it - Is it laziness or is it just a bad habit we just cant seem to kick?

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
like any of us here would know?

we're not the ones coaching the side or instructing the players... so you'll have to ask them

Status
Not open for further replies.