What is the worst movie you have ever seen?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
IT the monster is creepy as fuck and memorable as whose nightmares are not getting touched by a clown in a drain and then it’s just a big spider. Oh I’ll just ring a pest controller.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
IT the monster is creepy as fuck and memorable as whose nightmares are not getting touched by a clown in a drain and then it’s just a big spider. Oh I’ll just ring a pest controller.
What a let down.. Have you seen the one with Tim Curry as Pennywise?Scary as hell but the end is..well..shit..

ps..a number of endings of Stephen King’s books have not adapted well to screen.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I forgot to add The Shining.. a lot different to King’s book, but Kubrick’s adaptation is so unsettling and fkn scary.. Apparently Kubrick got the actors to do so many takes until he got the one he wanted. Jack Nicholson, who played the main protagonist, Jack Torrance seemingly thrived under it, but Shelley Duval, who played his onscreen wife Wendy Torrance, struggled..but it actually worked for her character.

King was not impressed with the adaptation, and they actually made a telemovie closer to the novel..but what was scary in the novel was not scary on screen, especially the topiary animals.

Just a note King wrote a sequel, Dr. Sleep* a few years back. It was great, and the movie, made from the book, starring Ewen McGregor brought both King’s sequel book and Kubrick’s film expertly together..

I highly recommend both films (and both books)

*As I wrote this, an ad on tv came on about the benefits of sleeping!! :fearscream:

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Salo-Vintage-Movie-Poster-Original.jpg

The poop eating, eye-gouging and other un-sportsman like conduct went way, way too far. No wonder it was banned in so many places, for so many years.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I forgot to add The Shining.. a lot different to King’s book, but Kubrick’s adaptation is so unsettling and fkn scary.. Apparently Kubrick got the actors to do so many takes until he got the one he wanted. Jack Nicholson, who played the main protagonist, Jack Torrance seemingly thrived under it, but Shelley Duval, who played his onscreen wife Wendy Torrance, struggled..but it actually worked for her character.

King was not impressed with the adaptation, and they actually made a telemovie closer to the novel..but what was scary in the novel was not scary on screen, especially the topiary animals.

Just a note King wrote a sequel, Dr. Sleep* a few years back. It was great, and the movie, made from the book, starring Ewen McGregor brought both King’s sequel book and Kubrick’s film expertly together..

I highly recommend both films (and both books)

*As I wrote this, an ad on tv came on about the benefits of sleeping!! :fearscream:
I'm a big shining fan and agree about kings TV adaptation, I found it to be overly long, comically unscary and incredibly cheap, hence why it was made for TV. Kubrick version was much better visually but deviated for the book quite dramatically and it worked it it's own right. I really liked Dr sleep the book but thought that they ruined the movie by changing the main character of Abra, along with a few other shifts that killed the tone

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 72783
The poop eating, eye-gouging and other un-sportsman like conduct went way, way too far. No wonder it was banned in so many places, for so many years.
As fucked up as it is and hard to get through it's actually a pretty powerful movie imo.
Fun fact, the director was murdered/ assassinated three weeks before it's premier

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a big shining fan and agree about kings TV adaptation, I found it to be overly long, comically unscary and incredibly cheap, hence why it was made for TV. Kubrick version was much better visually but deviated for the book quite dramatically and it worked it it's own right. I really liked Dr sleep the book but thought that they ruined the movie by changing the main character of Abra, along with a few other shifts that killed the tone
The relationship between Dan and Abra? And she doesn’t do as much…

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The relationship between Dan and Abra? And she doesn’t do as much…
I really liked Ewan McGregor as Danny and I read the book around the time the movie was announced so I knew he was playing the role so I could visualise the character, he was spot on imo. I really disliked, not to sound racist or anything the fact that they changed Abra and her family from being Italian to being black, and cutting the grandmother character out of the movie along with her parents who were quite prominent in the novel to be reduced to cut away characters really just killed it as there was absolutely no reason for that woke change along with certain parts of the book that didn't make the grade for film. The only change that made real sense in my mind was the climax at the overlook

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really liked Ewan McGregor as Danny and I read the book around the time the movie was announced so I knew he was playing the role so I could visualise the character, he was spot on imo. I really disliked, not to sound racist or anything the fact that they changed Abra and her family from being Italian to being black, and cutting the grandmother character out of the movie along with her parents who were quite prominent in the novel to be reduced to cut away characters really just killed it as there was absolutely no reason for that woke change along with certain parts of the book that didn't make the grade for film. The only change that made real sense in my mind was the climax at the overlook
Fair enough.. I did think the Dick Holloran character was well handled..

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clerks III almost makes the list.

Fucking depressing and very unfunny
I didn't really like the 2nd one (a few funny lines here and there, but that was about it), and honestly, I don't even remember if I've seen the 3rd one. I'm a little bit over Kevin Smith these days.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t ask me how I came across this or why I was willing to invest 90min but file this in the ‘so bad you kinda have to watch to the end’ category :tearsofjoy::
IMG_6513.jpeg

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The happening with Marky mark where he talks to plants. Pretty much anything directed by m might Shyamalan that isn't the sixth sense, unbreakable, split or glass. Paradise lost with John Travolta and Bruce Willis, two graves in the middle of the dessert with William Baldwin and Michael Madsen. The day the earth stood still remake. Zoolander 2 which as a huge fan of the first one was utterly disgusted by that blantant cash grab. Between worlds with nic cage along with rage and a few other titles of his that elude me.

I could go on and on but this post is long enough already
Ohhhhh The Happening is in my top 10 for sure.
You left out Double Team.
Very harsh to think that a movie with William Baldwin could be bad??? :o
Bieber dying in 2lander keeps it off my list (although I don't remember if I got through it all)

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I must be incredibly lucky, I've never watched a really bad movie. Mind you, I've watched the first five or ten minutes of several truly disgraceful movies on TV. I rarely visit the cinema these days, and, if I had parted with my hard-earned to watch a movie, I might be more inclined to stick it out in the hope it got better.

I walked out of a movie (in a manner of speaking) many years ago. I wandered into a small arty-farty type cinema in London's Soho with a couple of friends, and the movie (an avant-garde western called El Topo - check it out, it has to be the worst movie ever made!) was so awful that we couldn't resist supplying our own commentary. The place was fairly full of pseudo-intellectual types watching in a reverent silence, and, after about half an hour, we were asked to leave. Back then in England, if you were tossed out of a cinema or football match, it was customary to give you your money back (it might have been the law - I dunno), and so it was a happy ending, even if not the kind you usually got in those places.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a let down.. Have you seen the one with Tim Curry as Pennywise?Scary as hell but the end is..well..shit..

ps..a number of endings of Stephen King’s books have not adapted well to screen.
B6727A1C-9282-4CD1-BBFF-322479ADF3F9.jpeg

the worst scary clown movie ever