Opinion What I would do for this round 5 clash

Snackdoogie

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would have never dropped Schoupp for the Storm game. While results were not great on that edge with foxx and naden i would of rather given them a lot more time to develop chemistry together. Its not their fault the attack is disjointed.

While Averillo made some great tackles at centre i just do not believe he has it in him as a first grader right about now. I would still keep Wakeham in until they wish to give another fella a shot but pick your poison between Flanno, Avo and Wakeham.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yawn … can’t believe this is what we as might doggies supporters have been subjected too. It’s probably one of the darkest years ever. Unfathomable.!!!

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the Round 5 clash, I would get rid of Baz and get absolutely anyone else to coach the side - as they will most definitely do a better job!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is not what I would do but what I am going to do.

I am 100 percent not going to watch the slaughter and just take my baby daughter to watch Sonic the hedgehog 2, I'll check the score after he movie.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
For the Round 5 clash, I would get rid of Baz and get absolutely anyone else to coach the side - as they will most definitely do a better job!
Seriously just bar him from the stadium and let the boys play what's in front of them. Can't go worse.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Graham Hughes on 2SM today talked commonsense. He would move TPJ out to the edge where he can use his speed, muscle and offloads against centres, instead of three big forwards waiting to tackle him. That's where he'll do the most damage, and give Dufty and Ado Carr a chance to show their skills.
He might struggle a bit defensively but we have zero penetration on both edges at present, so probably worth the risk.

Burton has defenders all over him at the moment.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
JMK out Cook in
Averillo out Schoupp in
Wakeham out Flanagan in
Burns out Lumelume in
Jacko,run and tackle only.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whatever Baz does I hope he just picks the actual fkn team tomorrow ie. names the actual side that will play

He’s in no position to be cute with his selections coming off a 44 point drubbing

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Show the team our dry weather Sat arvo performance against Penrith last year. It was our best defensive performance of the year, we hassled them the whole game, should of led at half time and scored a couple of good tries. A lesser performance than THAT this week with a much improved roster and it's proof Baz is well on the way to losing the sheds unfortunately.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picture similiar to our second game against them last year....all we did was 5 hit ups then kick to corner to ensure we go set for set and limit errors. We completed at 86% that game but did not look like scoring once until our actual loan try in the 80th minute when it was too late. We basically played that game not to win but to Just not get flogged by a cricket score. Pretty pathetic especially with barret after the game saying "we went with them for 60 minutes". What a flop!

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
1. Flanagan at number 7 and make prayers

2. Cook number 9

3. TPJ on the edges

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Show the team our dry weather Sat arvo performance against Penrith last year. It was our best defensive performance of the year, we hassled them the whole game, should of led at half time and scored a couple of good tries. A lesser performance than THAT this week with a much improved roster and it's proof Baz is well on the way to losing the sheds unfortunately.
We gave that game away on half time with a stupid and unnecessary pass to nobody, for Penrith to pounce on and score.

Did something similar on Sunday. Could have taken a shot at goal from in front before half time, and gone in 12-2; but decided to throw the ball around, go nowhere, surrender possession, and give the Storm another opportunity to score, so we go in 16-0.

All our good work in defence and attack is undone by stupidity at crucial times - which inevitably is quickly turned into points by the opposition.
Look at the tries Storm scored off our ill directed kicks and passes. We gift our opponents tries by playing dumb football.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
What I’m actually going to do…

Stroll up to the pub grab a beer find a seat watch us start pretty good for the first three minutes not be able to get over though throw a crazy pass that gets intercepted and Panthers score a 90 meter try and finish my beer just as Panthers score another really easy try and do a piss and with 28 minutes left in the first half leave the pub get a Lebanese chicken for dinner and watch 60 minutes. Check the score the next day and go oh shit it wasn’t as bad as I thought only 36 - 12

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I Would Do If I Could..

Get into each teams dressing room & swap their Jersey Bags!!!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What I’m actually going to do…

Stroll up to the pub grab a beer find a seat watch us start pretty good for the first three minutes not be able to get over though throw a crazy pass that gets intercepted and Panthers score a 90 meter try and finish my beer just as Panthers score another really easy try and do a piss and with 28 minutes left in the first half leave the pub get a Lebanese chicken for dinner and watch 60 minutes. Check the score the next day and go oh shit it wasn’t as bad as I thought only 36 - 12
Fuck if we score twelve points against penrith I Will be wrapped.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wingers to do more of the yardage work - one off ruck and dummy half
Jackson just run and tackle
Use Dufty in the ball playing role Jackson was playing.