News What I know re Bulldogs and Haas

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol no way we get Haas. Nor should we be in the market for him

According to Weidler he's no chance anyway lol

What is causing an issue is that Haas wants premierships. Or, at the very least, he wants to be playing finals. In four seasons in the top grade he has appeared in one play-off game, Brisbane’s infamous 58-0 loss to Parramatta in 2019.
Advertisement

Haas wants to be able to get out of his deal if they don’t make the top eight in year one of his new deal, or in year two if they don’t make the top six, and in year three if they don’t make the top four.
The Broncos should have similar goals, but they must privately fear they won’t get there. The club doesn’t want anything to do with Haas’ performance clauses, and that has upset the big front-rower.
He wants money, and lots of it.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Dribbler's spin.

Payne Haas was ready to walk out on the Broncos on Wednesday night – and not for the reasons anyone has touched on.
Haas emailed the club requesting an immediate release and he had to be calmed down as he threatened to walk there and then. Performance clauses, not cold, hard cash are the sticking points for a success-hungry Haas

The giant Bronco has been painted as disloyal and money-hungry, but it is the Broncos who put a rich six-year deal in front of him. However, Haas wants to extend his deal for three more years, not six. He wants $1 million for next year and 2024, and he’s asking for $1.2million for 2025. The best forwards in the game get seven-figure deals.

What is causing an issue is that Haas wants premierships. Or, at the very least, he wants to be playing finals. In four seasons in the top grade he has appeared in one play-off game, Brisbane’s infamous 58-0 loss to Parramatta in 2019.

Haas wants to be able to get out of his deal if they don’t make the top eight in year one of his new deal, or in year two if they don’t make the top six, and in year three if they don’t make the top four.

The Broncos should have similar goals, but they must privately fear they won’t get there. The club doesn’t want anything to do with Haas’ performance clauses, and that has upset the big front-rower

The clauses are certainly unique, but they aren’t motivated by greed; they are based on his frustration with years of failure. The Broncos are a team on the rise, and should not fear clauses that are based on success, but they clearly do.
Readers of this column have been aware for months that Haas has been unsettled. When the reports were widespread that he was locked in for six years, we warned that they were a long way off the mark. Haas has rejected that deal and is now taking legal action against his agent.

Haas is now far more aware of his worth and clear about his goals, as he takes charge of his life.

And he is linked to us. lol

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Dribbler's spin.

Payne Haas was ready to walk out on the Broncos on Wednesday night – and not for the reasons anyone has touched on.
Haas emailed the club requesting an immediate release and he had to be calmed down as he threatened to walk there and then. Performance clauses, not cold, hard cash are the sticking points for a success-hungry Haas

The giant Bronco has been painted as disloyal and money-hungry, but it is the Broncos who put a rich six-year deal in front of him. However, Haas wants to extend his deal for three more years, not six. He wants $1 million for next year and 2024, and he’s asking for $1.2million for 2025. The best forwards in the game get seven-figure deals.

The Broncos should have similar goals, but they must privately fear they won’t get there. The club doesn’t want anything to do with Haas’ performance clauses, and that has upset the big front-rower

The clauses are certainly unique, but they aren’t motivated by greed; they are based on his frustration with years of failure. The Broncos are a team on the rise, and should not fear clauses that are based on success, but they clearly do.
Readers of this column have been aware for months that Haas has been unsettled. When the reports were widespread that he was locked in for six years, we warned that they were a long way off the mark. Haas has rejected that deal and is now taking legal action against his agent.

Haas is now far more aware of his worth and clear about his goals, as he takes charge of his life.

And he is linked to us. lol
Shortly followed by an article confirming the “brave” and “ruthless” Roosters to make their move on Haas, not the “disloyal” and “embattled” Bulldogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know Haas is the best prop in the comp by a mile but considering how much he'd want, how much trouble he's caused off the field and now these absurd demands and diva behaviour he's not worth the hassle because he'll just do the same thing to us or any other club.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Haas & his team are panicking. They expected everyone to be on his side & the majority are calling him a greed prick. Next they will will use the race & religion cards. WTF is this shit. This is his manager. So professional. NOT

I’ve just sent Dan Ferris’s résumé to him…. Let’s see what gig he can get him to land!

Sheeesh… Tyrone Smith must have went to the same school as Dean Pay, he can barely string a sentence together!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Performance goals lol. He ain’t coming to us people. We are leverage for a better deal with a successful club.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Performance goals lol. He ain’t coming to us people. We are leverage for a better deal with a successful club.
It would have an adverse effect on our salary cap. But he's not coming here. We cant offer a new Ford Territory and
a home unit at Bondi.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He’s not going to bondi. They don’t have the cap space for him. They’d love to have him though

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow didn't expect that, Tyrone Smith can hardly put two words together. They only take gone people, like giants who threaten female police officers.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exclusive interview on 9 at 6pm with Danny Weidler.

It's not about the money. :tearsofjoy: I think he is Chooks bound, after the Donkeys play hard ball.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We absolutely need a great spine, but before we do the fancy stuff we must be able to go forward, therefore we need to replace the English Poodle :-)
IMHO Hass is worth 3 English Poodles, and a few of her Majesties corgies

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've heard alot of information re our negotiations with Haas. I can't garauntee that he is coming, but we are certainly an option.
There have been three meetings with Payne Haas' management.

1. The first was last year after he got new management - this took place on a quiet day at BSG.
2. The second was when the Broncos were in Sydney in Round 2 - which also involved our major sponsor ShoeGrab who he was with. Haas and his manager were there.
3. The most recent meeting I know of was during magic round. Gus and Tyran Smith met for dinner. This was at Halo Ground resturant from what I've heard. Haas was not there.
I can't be certain that he's coming to Belmore as there is about to be a crazy bidding war, but don't rule us out as a geniune option!

Fingers crossed boys.
Don’t need him don’t want him..

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we pay 1.1 or 1.2 million on a prop before we sign a decent 7 or 1 that might actually do me.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we pay 1.1 or 1.2 million on a prop before we sign a decent 7 or 1 that might actually do me.
All good mate but where are we going to get a top Hb and FB from? If we are going to be successpull again it might be an idea to go all out for power. Hass. Kikau, TPJ. Herington, Patalo, King, Schoup Kiraz Alamoti, just need 1 or 2 hardheads in the backs. Then dogs of war here we come.