What are we going to do if we miss out on B.Smith ? (reportedly close to signing with Titans)

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
He's my pick tbh great mates with Flanno, we need to give our 7 an environment to flourish. A gun junior rep who has played most of his footy with Kyle is a massive bonus imo
Isn't Brailey a little injury prone.........I seem to recall he spent quite sometime off the field.....but it could also have been his brother......

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Payten will be smart enough to know Robson is better than Cotter imo. Cotter can cover hooker and backrow, best suited in their system. Would be stoked to get Robson but can't see it happening... The kid really should have picked us or Titans when he had the chance, was just fooled because they have Taummalolo
I havent seen much of Cotter but hear plenty and he looks a dangerous hook imo. Robson had games but had some clangers too, last year was a massive step up for him.

Yeah shit we didnt get him, damn Pay. Im hoping B.smith to tits, Cotter to step up, Robson to dogs and Rein to cows as back up.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I havent seen much of Cotter but hear plenty and he looks a dangerous hook imo. Robson had games but had some clangers too, last year was a massive step up for him.

Yeah shit we didnt get him, damn Pay. Im hoping B.smith to tits, Cotter to step up, Robson to dogs and Rein to cows as back up.
There could be a lot of movement, if I remember correctly o think Cotter extended his stay before Payten arrived, so I guess we will have to wait to a few rounds in to see who his favorites are.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spare a thought for Jacob Liddle from the Tigers. If he stays injury free he might be available. I think a couple years ago he carved us up a bit
He's always injured unfortunately for him.. I don't think any club would sign him as a starter anymore and most wouldn't as a backup until he could prove he could stay injury free.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

cotter goes very good, i was impressed with last year.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Robson is the cows long term option. I doubt Cotter will get much of a look in.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
he has been guaranteed a bench spot and a chance to win a comp, i dont think it is a bad decision
After being ripped off in the 2019 Grand Final I wouldn't complain if the Raiders win the comp in 2021. Most of the teams who lose a Grand Final don't make it the next year. Only a few teams have lost one year and won it the next and we are one of them. We lost in 79 won in 80. Lost in 94 won in 95. Melbourne did it in 2006 and 2007 and then were stripped of the title. Then again 2016 and 2017. Manly 2007 then won in 2008. Panthers in 90 and 91. Can't recall any others winning after a loss the previous year.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well the Raiders have a stacked forward pack and they need to find a position for a lot of players so I'd be surprised if Starling was on the bench week in and out. If he's on the bench he gets very limited minutes anyways. I'm not saying you're a liar or making it up, I just think it's a bad decision on Starling's part if true.
that was part of his contract negotiations, obviously nothing guaranteed but that is why he stayed. and also there were about 6 clubs chasing him not just us

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After being ripped off in the 2019 Grand Final I wouldn't complain if the Raiders win the comp in 2021. Most of the teams who lose a Grand Final don't make it the next year. Only a few teams have lost one year and won it the next and we are one of them. We lost in 79 won in 80. Lost in 94 won in 95. Melbourne did it in 2006 and 2007 and then were stripped of the title. Then again 2016 and 2017. Manly 2007 then won in 2008. Panthers in 90 and 91. Can't recall any others winning after a loss the previous year.
Manly lost to us in 1995 only to win the following year in 1996... the Raiders lost in 1987 only to win in 1989

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Manly lost to us in 1995 only to win the following year in 1996... the Raiders lost in 1987 only to win in 1989
I forgot about Manly 95 and 96. Good point. I did not include Canberra 87 and 89 because they were not consecutive years. It is obviously very difficult for a team to put aside a loss the previous year and get the job done the next year.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
that was part of his contract negotiations, obviously nothing guaranteed but that is why he stayed. and also there were about 6 clubs chasing him not just us
Makes sense to me that Raiders would want/offer Starling a bench spot in negotiations, Hodgson has had 2 season ending ACL injuries in the last 3yrs, he is 31 and having Starling on the bench offers some spark when needed and lightens the load on Hodgson. For Starling, he knows the Raiders are in a premiership window, he leap frogged Havili for the back up No.9 role and he may see Hodgson potentially moving on sooner than later considering age and injuries.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
St. George are showing interest in Nathan Peats. Maybe they might be losing McInnes.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say sign one of the English hookers for a coupls of seasons until something good pops up.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can someone explain why Daryl Clarke from Warrington hasn’t been offered a change of scenery by Arthur or John?
It has been suggested by ESL supporters,that he is better than Josh Hodgson..
Dangle the carrot..pay Warrington a transfer fee and make it happen..
Or we could wait for Jacob Liddle...fml

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone explain why Daryl Clarke from Warrington hasn’t been offered a change of scenery by Arthur or John?
It has been suggested by ESL supporters,that he is better than Josh Hodgson..
Dangle the carrot..pay Warrington a transfer fee and make it happen..
Or we could wait for Jacob Liddle...fml
Clark (no “e”) signed a multi year contract with Warrington in 2019 for 3 years, ie; until the end of 2023, by which time he will be 30. His previous contract, signed in 2014, had an NRL escape clause but apparently his current contract does not. He has been approached many times in the last 6 years by many NRL clubs and he has knocked them all back. It would seem that he is very happy playing in the ESL.

Go Dogs