What are we going to do if we miss out on B.Smith ? (reportedly close to signing with Titans)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blayke Brailey ? McInnes is reportedly signing with the Sharks. Brailey is good mates with Flanagan.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read

"The McInnes four-year deal with the Sharks is believed to be worth around the $2.4 million mark".

I doubt they would pay 600K a season for him to play lock

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are reports today that Brandon Smith is very close to signing with the Titans (he has family living there) and I just noticed the other post here on TK that we're not interested in McInnes plus if anyone was to get him away from the Dragons then Maguire has a big advantage.

If we miss out on Brandon it's going to be a massive dent to our chances of a top 4 finish in the next few seasons IMO. If we can't even get McInnes as the next option then things are looking even worse.

What's the situation with Daryl Clark does anyone know ? How long is he in contract for ? Does Barrett even rate him ?

Is Barrett hoping that Api can get out of his contract early with the Panthers ? I can't imagine Cleary letting him go early.

IF we end up with a very average hooker like those we have now or not much better I think we may as well improve our strike in the backs as much as possible (try to get an advantage over other teams somewhere at least) and go for Staggs and spend the money we were going to use for Smith on a strike edge forward like Angus Crichton. We should be able to afford a decent metre eating prop too if we shed some of the off contract players at the end of this season like Napa.

It won't be the end of the world...There will always be options and solutions !!!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is where JMK has to decide if he wants to stay in the NRL or become an outcast like many others.

JMK, over the off season should've been at University. The University of how to become a great hooker. Study the best in the game, Cameron Smith's game, study how to decide which options to take and when, study the ins and out's of the hooker role.

JMK has one year to stamp his name on the position at the Dogs. He doesn't have much pressure under him coming through so I expect him to step up dramatically. The ball is in his court, it's make or break year for him and if he can't take it to the next level with the great support coaches the club has introduced then he can't complain he hasn't been given a great opportunity.

I think he can step up but let's see what he has learnt and what he has done to become a better hooker and be able call it his craft.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are reports today that Brandon Smith is very close to signing with the Titans (he has family living there) and I just noticed the other post here on TK that we're not interested in McInnes plus if anyone was to get him away from the Dragons then Maguire has a big advantage.

If we miss out on Brandon it's going to be a massive dent to our chances of a top 4 finish in the next few seasons IMO. If we can't even get McInnes as the next option then things are looking even worse.

What's the situation with Daryl Clark does anyone know ? How long is he in contract for ? Does Barrett even rate him ?

Is Barrett hoping that Api can get out of his contract early with the Panthers ? I can't imagine Cleary letting him go early.

IF we end up with a very average hooker like those we have now or not much better I think we may as well improve our strike in the backs as much as possible (try to get an advantage over other teams somewhere at least) and go for Staggs and spend the money we were going to use for Smith on a strike edge forward like Angus Crichton. We should be able to afford a decent metre eating prop too if we shed some of the off contract players at the end of this season like Napa.

If we miss out of B.Smith we should all slash our wrists. It will be the end of the Bulldogs

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blayke Brailey ? McInnes is reportedly signing with the Sharks. Brailey is good mates with Flanagan.
If tru that would be good on both accounts, depending on the $$ from us for BB...

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is where JMK has to decide if he wants to stay in the NRL or become an outcast like many others.

JMK, over the off season should've been at University. The University of how to become a great hooker. Study the best in the game, Cameron Smith's game, study how to decide which options to take and when, study the ins and out's of the hooker role.

JMK has one year to stamp his name on the position at the Dogs. He doesn't have much pressure under him coming through so I expect him to step up dramatically. The ball is in his court, it's make or break year for him and if he can't take it to the next level with the great support coaches the club has introduced then he can't complain he hasn't been given a great opportunity.

I think he can step up but let's see what he has learnt and what he has done to become a better hooker and be able call it his craft.
Nice positivity and like you I hope JMK brings a lot more this year. Unfortunately there are some important dummy half areas where he's shown very little. I'm hoping a lot of his lack of development in key areas can be put down to poor coaching, and that he grows under Barrett. He needs to be way more assertive for starters (just let Tolman be a decoy FFS and do something more productive instead!) and show a lot more urgency around dummy half. Needs to clear the ball quicker with direct passes, choose when to run better, and also look for support when he does run.

He is a gutsy trier and the best we've got so fingers crossed. I think he'll work better with Flanagan than Foran or Lewis (or Cogger or Wakeham!). Just having a consistent halfback partner should help.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Connor Watson anyone?
if he don’t get a run at knights.
24 years old
Good vision
Speed
Kicking game
Hungry
Had a bad injury but believe the best yet to come.
Also can play in the halves.
A competitor.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Jmk will go to another level under Barrett.he has the tenacity and enthusiasm.he just needs to fine tune his decision making.know when to run at a gap.know when the defence is off side to get the penalty.know when to pass and who to pass.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Why has the Daryl Clark rumours cooled off. He is a serious upgrade on what we have

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Connor Watson anyone?
if he don’t get a run at knights.
24 years old
Good vision
Speed
Kicking game
Hungry
Had a bad injury but believe the best yet to come.
Also can play in the halves.
A competitor.
He's happy to play lock also from what I've heard. Bum buddies with Ponga also so he won't leave him

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why has the Daryl Clark rumours cooled off. He is a serious upgrade on what we have
He's contracted until 2023, has no NRL escape clause in his contract, has been approached many many times to move to the NRL and has knocked back every one of them.

Go Dogs

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Use JMK and Lachy Lewis as two nines it would give us 4 kicking options alongside Burton and Flannagan

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
First receiver left and right of each nine would be Burton or Flannagan