What are my rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ignore it if it's an isolated incident.

Also if he is above her in seniority, then effectively he has the say on things.

Last thing you want to do is shake the tree on a minor issue, and have it bite you in the arse on a major one down the track.

In our work seniority gets passed down and across the board. There's some days where effectively I'm the most senior person in the office.

That said we don't really have a wanky specific subculture here as we are all about fun and enjoying the working day :grinning:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anywho, after we left our senior manager came upto my colleague and went off her completely. She felt humiliated. I was told about it this morning. She was very sad that he had raged at her in front of everyone in the office.
That's got to be a breach of some modern day policy... If I was her I'd apologize for not personally asking him but at the same time I'd look up the company's code of conduct policy and remind him that there are specific guidelines on how to deal with staff members

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
First of all is your coworker hot if so get wit her to be honest.

Also **** office work bro I did it once and I am never doing it again... I quit with a bang lol though.

My old **** of a boss started blaming and yelling at me for a big mistake he made right, then he started saying he was better than and crap I quit on the spot and let loose on him and told him to step outside with me if he could back up his words.

He told me too leave so I told him to go **** himself and his shitty bussness stuck the fingers up walked out and asked the receptionist for her number but no luck lol.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
First of all is your coworker hot if so get wit her to be honest.

Also **** office work bro I did it once and I am never doing it again... I quit with a bang lol though.

My old **** of a boss started blaming and yelling at me for a big mistake he made right, then he started saying he was better than and crap I quit on the spot and let loose on him and told him to step outside with me if he could back up his words.

He told me too leave so I told him to go **** himself and his shitty bussness stuck the fingers up walked out and asked the receptionist for her number but no luck lol.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO ! how did this all escalate?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO ! how did this all escalate?
I ****ing hated working in an office, sitting down doing nothing and getting yelled out and not being able to say anything made me furious and I ****ing snapped at a good time. The receptionist was ****ing mint so I tried my luck when I was on a roll lol.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
whats your HR like? is he/she approachable enough to talk to?

they could technically give you a warning for "refusing work" but i dont think its anything to get worked up about. but in future you should have some sort of trail i.e email, for whatever that may be, just to cover your arse. unfortunately thats what most workplaces have come to these days. proof and facts are your friend.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had one boss at work who would absolutely hound me and ride my back all day. Even if i was doing everything right she still found something to pick at. So after a couple of months having this happen as a daily event i finally cracked it at her. Told her some truths and let loose with some profanity in between making my points.

Anyhow, i got a strike against me (3 strikes and your out) but from that day on she left me alone and when she needed to talk to me she was nice about it. F**k she was a sour mole tho.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had one boss at work who would absolutely hound me and ride my back all day. Even if i was doing everything right she still found something to pick at. So after a couple of months having this happen as a daily event i finally cracked it at her. Told her some truths and let loose with some profanity in between making my points.

Anyhow, i got a strike against me (3 strikes and your out) but from that day on she left me alone and when she needed to talk to me she was nice about it. F**k she was a sour mole tho.
Lol
Should of chucked a lebanese cucumber and a tub of butter on her desk with a note saying lighten the **** up you mutt

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol
Should of chucked a lebanese cucumber and a tub of butter on her desk with a note saying lighten the **** up you mutt
Haha nice one i wish i thought of that. In my rant i did tell her she need to get a decent d**k up her, obviously her boyfriend wasn't up to the job.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My old boss used to shoot me with a nail gun aha

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
hahah WOW ... I've only ever worked in awesome offices with awesome people.

Like about 6 months ago when everyone gets in the office one day and the boss pages everyone over the phone system and goes "It's too nice a day to work. Everyone jump in your cars and head to <removed> marina and we'll take the boat out today in the sunshine".

Everyone was like "hells yeah", and a kickass day was had by all.
Do you work for Jordan Belfort aka The Wolf Of Wall street?

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the letter of the law:

-You have no right to leave without informing a superior officer. In this case it's him. You should have told him that you were leaving, and make it like that you will make up the time on another day.

- He has no right to humiliate you or your colleague. He is within his rights to bring the case up with you and her and let you know about his disapproval, but must be done in a professional manner.

Depending on what he said and the context and tone (I'm happy to shed more light, if you can provide more details) If your colleague feel like she has been humiliated she has every right to take it to his superior or HR.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
hahah WOW ... I've only ever worked in awesome offices with awesome people.

Like about 6 months ago when everyone gets in the office one day and the boss pages everyone over the phone system and goes "It's too nice a day to work. Everyone jump in your cars and head to <removed> marina and we'll take the boat out today in the sunshine".

Everyone was like "hells yeah", and a kickass day was had by all.
That's awesome if someone was doing your job whilst you were out on the boat. I've had bosses who would do that and then wonder why you haven't finished your work :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Depending on what he said and the context and tone (I'm happy to shed more light, if you can provide more details) If your colleague feel like she has been humiliated she has every right to take it to his superior or HR.
As a general rule: don't trust HR. They work for your boss, not you. ..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure our basic human rights are we do not have to live under Communist monitoring in Australia as there is no such law.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ask the beastie Boys

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some bosses just like to go on the old power trip, but it is not very professional to go off at someone in front of their workmates. My son was told by his boss the other day that he was a retard and did not know how to do his job properly. This upset him and rightly so but the very next day he then told my son that he was doing a good job after a customer had telephoned the office and congratulated him on assisting in an enquiry in a professional and efficient way, even saying he deserved a pay rise for going above and beyond in solving a problem..go figure.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Some bosses just like to go on the old power trip, but it is not very professional to go off at someone in front of their workmates. My son was told by his boss the other day that he was a retard and did not know how to do his job properly. This upset him and rightly so but the very next day he then told my son that he was doing a good job after a customer had telephoned the office and congratulated him on assisting in an enquiry in a professional and efficient way, even saying he deserved a pay rise for going above and beyond in solving a problem..go figure.

the idiot boss was trying to cover up for his stupid comments the previous day.

tell your son not to tolerate behavior like this from him again. Report him to HR in writing if that happens again.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
the idiot boss was trying to cover up for his stupid comments the previous day.

tell your son not to tolerate behavior like this from him again. Report him to HR in writing if that happens again.
Lol stuff that, if my employer called me retarded I'd just snap at him and tell him to meet me in the car park. A jobs and income is nice yeah but I'm not going to sit their and take shit like that just because he is paying me.

Also writing letters and shit to a higher power does nothing, you need to scare them physically to give them that reality check they oh so need.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol stuff that, if my employer called me retarded I'd just snap at him and tell him to meet me in the car park. A jobs and income is nice yeah but I'm not going to sit their and take shit like that just because he is paying me.

Also writing letters and shit to a higher power does nothing, you need to scare them physically to give them that reality check they oh so need.
You got to be smart about It mate in the way you kill the monkey without climbing the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.