What’s your COVID fitness program

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not from NSW so:

Binge during the week. Hike on the weekend. Repeat.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A call out to all the doctors on here

I broke my index finger 2 months ago and it’s slowly healing. Initially I couldn’t make a fist as it was all swollen .. I can sort of make a fist now but still not 100%

they say broken bones heal stronger than before, does that mean I will have even more punching power than before? I’ve still been boxing but not hitting a bag, just shadow box.

if my neighbour wants to fight me, will my punch be stronger now or weaker than before? The kennel doctors?
Yes, your finger will have to be registered as deadly weapon meaning you could be charged if you use it to post on the Kennel.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bodyboarding and walking the dog

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
with gyms closed everywhere how are you maintaining your physique?

when gyms reopen you don’t wanna go back in all flabby and out of shape, with a barrel chest and stick arms, chicken legs

so when it’s time to bring sexy back are you gonna be ready?

here is my plan of attack

train 7 days but at slightly less intensity of gym without the equipment, I have plenty weights, dumbells and barbells only

workout #1

arms, heavy reps of arms curls and hammers, triceps curls
walk the dog and 3 x 3 minute rounds of boxing , sit ups and push-ups

Workout #2
legs , squats and lunges .. calf raises, sit-ups and push ups, walk the dog and jog

Workout #3
chest, 300 push ups and 150 sit-ups, walk the dog and jog

workout #4

back and shoulders, sit-ups and push ups, walk the dog.

just cycle through the workouts, go 7 days a week.

being in lockdown there is no excuse not to get fitter.

When gyms are back, I’ll go in ripped as I was before they shut and everyone else will come in looking plump and shabby … summer will be here too.

what's your program of attack to bring sexy back?
Not to knock you cuz …. But that program is terribad

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
with gyms closed everywhere how are you maintaining your physique?

when gyms reopen you don’t wanna go back in all flabby and out of shape, with a barrel chest and stick arms, chicken legs

so when it’s time to bring sexy back are you gonna be ready?

here is my plan of attack

train 7 days but at slightly less intensity of gym without the equipment, I have plenty weights, dumbells and barbells only

workout #1

arms, heavy reps of arms curls and hammers, triceps curls
walk the dog and 3 x 3 minute rounds of boxing , sit ups and push-ups

Workout #2
legs , squats and lunges .. calf raises, sit-ups and push ups, walk the dog and jog

Workout #3
chest, 300 push ups and 150 sit-ups, walk the dog and jog

workout #4

back and shoulders, sit-ups and push ups, walk the dog.

just cycle through the workouts, go 7 days a week.

being in lockdown there is no excuse not to get fitter.

When gyms are back, I’ll go in ripped as I was before they shut and everyone else will come in looking plump and shabby … summer will be here too.

what's your program of attack to bring sexy back?
Pm me a list of what equipment you have and I’ll put something together for you

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to knock you cuz …. But that program is terribad
hey man I have not missed a week training over 20 years. I have enough “in the bank” to sit this Covid out and still come back ripped. But appreciate the offer.

I dont know you at all so this comment not directed your way, but I’ve seen hundreds of trainers , maybe thousands, employed them for years, most are quick to offer advice, they have a bit of shape but mostly puppy fat, they are just young. I’ve also seen guys with hard mature muscle, they are ultra consistent, big difference ..

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I would class your “ workout “ as exercise rather than training .

It’s not programmed with any type of overload or periodisation… it’s just random exercises , there isn’t any work for your back also

as to your comment about Pts there is heaps of terrible ones I’d agree…..

anyway happy to fix it for you but no dramas

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
For example ..

Weights
Squat
Lunge
Hip ext
Calf raise

DB OH press
Push up or DB press
Floor Fly

Deadlift
BB row / pull up
Band pull apart

DB curl ‘ triceps ext super set
BB reverse curl ladder

Cardio
Walking
Boxing 8 x 2,3 mins with 30 secs rest

There you go easy as …

complete minimum of twice per week

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For example ..

Weights
Squat
Lunge
Hip ext
Calf raise

DB OH press
Push up or DB press
Floor Fly

Deadlift
BB row / pull up
Band pull apart

DB curl ‘ triceps ext super set
BB reverse curl ladder

Cardio
Walking
Boxing 8 x 2,3 mins with 30 secs rest

There you go easy as …

complete minimum of twice per week
You know much about rowing machines?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

).

Both can be used with rowing mate and both very very effective
I been smacking 10ks a day on it for just on a week or something now first attempt was 55 mins down to round 49 minutes now without huge trouble, changed the diet up feel pretty good after I hit it, mixing up exercises on it and the last 10 minutes to make an hr I'll do curls and shit standing up few sets and routines can feel it on a lot of body parts ,just unsure if I'm doing anything right? Chucking weights in from tomorrow also, all I'm aiming for is to drop the ET gut.and building a bit of strength by Xmas

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You know much about rowing machines?
Sure thing , what do you want to know ?

standard workout I get clients to do is this

On concept 2 or similar

set up 100mtr intervals / 20-30 secs rest repeat x8

aim for 35+ spm

can combine with ski erg @ 500mtrs

eg 8 x 100 sprint / 500 mtrs easy on ski or reg erg

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I been smacking 10ks a day on it for just on a week or something now first attempt was 55 mins down to round 49 minutes now without huge trouble, changed the diet up feel pretty good after I hit it, mixing up exercises on it and the last 10 minutes to make an hr I'll do curls and shit standing up few sets and routines can feel it on a lot of body parts ,just unsure if I'm doing anything right? Chucking weights in from tomorrow also, all I'm aiming for is to drop the ET gut.and building a bit of strength by Xmas
If your goals are to lose weight, mate you're not going to lose more than 1.5kg a week, even 1.5kg a week would be about building lactic acid in your workouts (cardio or weights).

Just keep a check on calories in vs calories out and don't go too far negative in calorie counting, you want to leave some room for when your body finds new equilibrium, so that you can further drop.

Basically it's a long process mate if you want to do it properly, yo yo dieting doesn't work long term. It's about creating a healthy attitude to food and exercise, ie avoid feeling guilt because targets may have been missed and eat foods in moderation and teach yourself that moderation.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If your goals are to lose weight, mate you're not going to lose more than 1.5kg a week, even 1.5kg a week would be about building lactic acid in your workouts (cardio or weights).

Just keep a check on calories in vs calories out and don't go too far negative in calorie counting, you want to leave some room for when your body finds new equilibrium, so that you can further drop.

Basically it's a long process mate if you want to do it properly, yo yo dieting doesn't work long term. It's about creating a healthy attitude to food and exercise, ie avoid feeling guilt because targets may have been missed and eat foods in moderation and teach yourself that moderation.
Agreed 1.5kg per week is a stretch … you will seriously feel like crap

track a week or twos food , get a good idea of your average daily consumption and then reduce accordingly

a deficit of 500 calls per day (diet) will drop half a kilo per week , then add your exercise on top of that

Just don’t go crazy as it’s not sustainable

easy way to drop a bunch of calories if you are a regular drinker , is unsurprisingly stop drinking for 4 weeks

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just drop a few kgs by Xmas and strengthen back a bit not expecting miracles don't mind putting in the hard yards, I eat reasonably well so wasn't hard to cut out the shit , I'm not pushing myself stupid everyday as my job is pretty physical .

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also Meth is great for weight loss …. It basically falls off you , failing that you can scratch off any excess with your nails …. The bugs the bugs grrrrr
Thought about that lol nah just building a bit of core strength to help with my fucked back ect, I got no problem running rings around ***** half my age on the jobsite just getting older and gots to wise up a bit

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just drop a few kgs by Xmas and strengthen back a bit not expecting miracles don't mind putting in the hard yards, I eat reasonably well so wasn't hard to cut out the shit , I'm not pushing myself stupid everyday as my job is pretty physical .
Your base metabolic rate is usually your weight in kgs times 24 hours a day, so that should give you your resting calories out per day.

You can then use a MET calculator to see how many calories your likely to burn with different exercises https://metscalculator.com/

Calories out is basically the MET rating of the exercise times your weight in kilograms/per hr

For example if MET is 4 for walking and I weigh 100kg and I walked for 30 minutes, then the calories burned would be

4 x 100 x 30/60 = 200 calories burned

So using the above and tracking what you eat you can keep on top of your caloric balance