News Wests Tigers player refuses to train over perception of unfair treatment

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@Flanagun not a single player off contract in the last 2 years was offered a new deal including Averillo, Flanagan and Waddell. Players with time remaining on their contracts were cut and most found deals either NRL or in another role elsewhere - Jackson, Ava, Schoupp, Allan, Naden, JMK, Davey, Pele, Hoffman and Quai Ward. Cut with half a season to go Dufty, Clarke, Reynolds and Brown. They tried to move on Sutton and RFM with two years remaining. The RFM thing lasted one training session now he's back into it. RFM was in the right as we know. Only a handful of people willing to support a long term club man who has overcame some horrific injuries to get back onto the field.
Nice to finally agree on something Polly (sorta).
Do you gave a spare Chux for flappy gums to wipe the egg from his face re: Waddell? :-).

Correct that Flange and Waddell weren’t offered new deals nor should they have been if we want to improve.

Averillo’s manager came to the table with a crazy number. The intent was to keep him but no bidding war to do so. Keeping juniors where possible is great but both he and Alamoti couldn’t defend. Will be interesting to see if they improve under Bennett and Cleary. I think Waddell will be lucky to crack the 17 at Crookvale and Flange will play because of his dad.

Some of your other examples aren’t quite accurate: Reynolds wasn’t ‘cut’ - he retired and made that call himself. I note how you left TPJ off the same list. You actually don’t know that RFM was ‘in the right’ because he himself admitted he wasn’t fit enough and hadn’t been training adequately. As for the cheapies who cares - the likes of Dufty and Naden should simply never have been signed - it was Barrett desperately searching for wins (which to be fair was his job).

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
New Wests Tigers coach Benji Marshall faces the first test of his career as one of his highest-paid players refuses to turn up to training over a perception of unfair treatment from the club.

Winger David Nofoaluma, a former teammate of Marshall and the greatest try-scorer in the club’s history, has not been to training since last Wednesday in response to what he claims is poor treatment from the club’s football department.
Nofoaluma has also lodged a complaint with the Rugby League Players’ Association over the conduct of the club.

A meeting between Nofoaluma, the RLPA and Wests Tigers was held on Thursday night.

Sources with knowledge of the situation talking under the condition of anonymity due to the confidential nature of discussions told this masthead that Nofoaluma’s gripe with the Tigers relates to how he has been treated at training.

Nofoaluma struggled physically and with his fitness levels upon returning to pre-season training last month and was one of the team’s least impressive performers in a time trial.

Marshall and his new-look coaching staff are trying to drive a new standard at the club and haven’t shown preferential treatment to the veteran winger.

Nofoaluma reached his limit last week and complained about the communication between him and the football department, as well as the training methods that have been adopted to try and improve his fitness.

At Thursday night’s meeting between the club and the RLPA, Nofoaluma agreed that he would return to training on Monday in an attempt to resolve the matter.

Nofoaluma, the RLPA and Wests Tigers have been contacted for comment.

Nofoaluma still has two more years to run on his deal with the Tigers at about $500,000 per season but has struggled to cement his place in the team recently.

The Tigers have been trying to offload the winger to a rival club for the past two years and even lent him to the Melbourne Storm at the end of 2022 as part of a loan deal for the final few games of the season and the finals series.

Nofoaluma has scored 100 tries from 192 games for the Tigers since his debut for the joint venture club in 2013.

His services have been offered to rival clubs on numerous occasions over the past two years but the Tigers haven’t been able to agree on the amount they would contribute as part of his release.

Nofoaluma has also attracted interest from the Super League.
I hope AFB is watching :D

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you gave a spare Chux for flappy gums to wipe the egg from his face re: Waddell? :-).

Correct that Flange and Waddell weren’t offered new deals nor should they have been if we want to improve.

Averillo’s manager came to the table with a crazy number. The intent was to keep him but no bidding war to do so. Keeping juniors where possible is great but both he and Alamoti couldn’t defend. Will be interesting to see if they improve under Bennett and Cleary. I think Waddell will be lucky to crack the 17 at Crookvale and Flange will play because of his dad.

Some of your other examples aren’t quite accurate: Reynolds wasn’t ‘cut’ - he retired and made that call himself. I note how you left TPJ off the same list. You actually don’t know that RFM was ‘in the right’ because he himself admitted he wasn’t fit enough and hadn’t been training adequately. As for the cheapies who cares - the likes of Dufty and Naden should simply never have been signed - it was Barrett desperately searching for wins (which to be fair was his job).
Some people simply don't comprehend that during the desperate times desperate ( hopeful ) signings were made,
unfortunately for the club these players didn't rise to the challenge, do we keep them ?
Decisions have to be made, it is the reason we hire someone like Gus to make them !!!

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Waddell goes out with Jake's and tom's sister hence why his back at Manly

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Waddell goes out with Jake's and tom's sister hence why his back at Manly
And? He didn’t choose that he wasn’t offered a deal at Belmore - the club did. His personal life is irrelevant.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’re drawing some pretty odd conclusions there, bucko…not sure how you get me supposedly admitting I'm a troll out of all that….

You also seem to have a bit of a problem with caps lock. Don’t be afraid to seek help for that. I’m sure are useful resources out there for compulsive caps lock users
2nd time you have called me bucko and coming from the King of unsubstantiated odd conclusions.

No caps lock problem.

The TROLL SQUAD has been trademarked as is and must be used as such.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gould's contract expires in 2026.
@Flanagun not a single player off contract in the last 2 years was offered a new deal including Averillo, Flanagan and Waddell. Players with time remaining on their contracts were cut and most found deals either NRL or in another role elsewhere - Jackson, Ava, Schoupp, Allan, Naden, JMK, Davey, Pele, Hoffman and Quai Ward. Cut with half a season to go Dufty, Clarke, Reynolds and Brown. They tried to move on Sutton and RFM with two years remaining. The RFM thing lasted one training session now he's back into it. RFM was in the right as we know. Only a handful of people willing to support a long term club man who has overcame some horrific injuries to get back onto the field.
@Flanagun I thought the IP check is a funny one. I'm sure many have all used the free WiFi and workspace areas on offer at Canterbury Leagues Club :grinning:
Hey @Flanagun show your boy some love.

Can't you see how desperate he is for your attention.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As a result he has become a target of love by lil Rayray's gang of multiple account holding whingers that bitch about everything but have zero alternative.
Its quite sad really, to see someone with genuine intelligence and humour who could play a reasonable devil's advocate fall so low. Seems to have lost all ambition other than getting likes from the clown posse.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
2nd time you have called me bucko and coming from the King of unsubstantiated odd conclusions.

No caps lock problem.

The TROLL SQUAD has been trademarked as is and must be used as such.
Calls my footy opinions unsubstantiated and then falsely claims to have placed a trademark on an unimaginative name employed in an internet forum,.... lulz

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun I thought the IP check is a funny one. I'm sure many have all used the free WiFi and workspace areas on offer at Canterbury Leagues Club :grinning:
I don't use a VPN and actually live a fair distance from Belmore. Mods could easily put the I am other posters rumour to bed, if they wanted to... or at least they could try. I believe some senior members with friends on the admin panel have confirmed I am not @04 Dreaming in the past and were summarily ignored because this info did not suit people's narrative lol

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Calls my footy opinions unsubstantiated and then falsely claims to have placed a trademark on an unimaginative name employed in an internet forum,.... lulz
Your footy opinions are unsubstantiated.

Thats why it's an opinion.

If it was substantiated it would be fact.

And you don't provide facts.

1702189954514.png

And the link to prove this definition is a fact and not just my opinion:

OPINION Definition & Usage Examples | Dictionary.com

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Embarrassing? More than your flip-flopping?

You were adamant Waddell made the call, even using ‘SMH’ then when informed it wasn’t his call it suddenly became an ‘own goal’ and that I was being lied to.

Ah, so now Xerri is ‘unlikely to see first grade’.
Guess we’ll just see how that goes, eh?
And yes, Xerri is a bargain compared to how much Avo wanted to stay vs his output. He was a good finisher yes but if you describe his defence as ‘immensely talented’ (same as Alamoti) then there’s little left to say.

And now Tracey is a ‘walking physio bill’ because he happened to injure himself at his last Sharks training session but will be back well before the season starts.

C’mon flappy gums, sing a few lines for us :-):
View attachment 97896
You can repeat your lies as often as you like, it doesn't make them true. I never changed my narrative about Waddell. I said I believe he was offered a contract, but admitted I am not sure and that if in fact he wasn't it was a big own goal by the club. No inconsistency whatsoever there. As for you, the only "proof" you have provided that he wasn't offered a contract is an anecdotal account of a conversation with a director who may well have been lying, if in fact said conversation actually took place.

So we got rid of an immensely talented local junior to sign a guy coming back from a drug ban on the cheap. That's exactly the sort of decision making you want to see when your club is trying to rebuild its culture.... not.

You want to talk about Avo's defence? He has been shuffled from position to position so many times, I'm surprised he even remembers where he is playing from week to week. Then when he finally does nail down a regular starting position he comes into a side that a shambles across the board and you want to write off his defensive game already. Defence can be learnt and his will improve exponentially with more time spent in the position, playing under better systems. You seriously have NFI, fam.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Your footy opinions are unsubstantiated.

Thats why it's an opinion.

If it was substantiated it would be fact.

And you don't provide facts.

View attachment 98029

And the link to prove this definition is a fact and not just my opinion:

OPINION Definition & Usage Examples | Dictionary.com
Opinions don't need to be substantiated. That's why they are called opinions. So the issue is why do you call out the lack of substantiation of my opinions on a forum which was literally built for the expression of opinions, which are unsubstantiated by nature?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Opinions don't need to be substantiated. That's why they are called opinions. So the issue is why do you call out the lack of substantiation of my opinions on a forum which was literally built for the expression of opinions, which are unsubstantiated by nature?
So you are admitting that your opinions have no basis in reality and you just make sh!t up as content for the TROLL SQUAD.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can repeat your lies as often as you like, it doesn't make them true. I never changed my narrative about Waddell. I said I believe he was offered a contract, but admitted I am not sure and that if in fact he wasn't it was a big own goal by the club. No inconsistency whatsoever there. As for you, the only "proof" you have provided that he wasn't offered a contract is an anecdotal account of a conversation with a director who may well have been lying, if in fact said conversation actually took place.

So we got rid of an immensely talented local junior to sign a guy coming back from a drug ban on the cheap. That's exactly the sort of decision making you want to see when your club is trying to rebuild its culture.... not.

You want to talk about Avo's defence? He has been shuffled from position to position so many times, I'm surprised he even remembers where he is playing from week to week. Then when he finally does nail down a regular starting position he comes into a side that a shambles across the board and you want to write off his defensive game already. Defence can be learnt and his will improve exponentially with more time spent in the position, playing under better systems. You seriously have NFI, fam.
@Flanagun our 3 best players last year Preston, Averillo and Waddell. The year Waddell finally shows something he was flicked. Averillo was our best player in 2020 despite playing half a season. He was destroyed by Barrett. Potter backed him. Only time he felt secure. He was in danger when they signed Xerri and gone when they signed Quai Ward. They said EQW had better stats over Averillo.

I understand Tanner had better NSW Cup stats over Poasa in the Queensland competition. The NSW one has more NRL contracted players taking part.

This is where some question the recruitment and will look further into the player.

Averillo was not offered a new deal. Waddell was not offered a new deal.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Sheesh :tearsofjoy:

12 hours break inadequate rest for flappy gums :-).
So now we’ve gone from I’m being lied to to I’m lying about said conversation, even though your brother in arms @Polly Power also confirmed Waddell wasn’t offered a contract. #AllOverTheShop

As for the Avo/Xerri thing I guess we’ll see.
I supported Avo at the Dogs but I think he has a ceiling and he’s not far from it if not there already. Xerri will play first grade and I think has the potential to be much better. Yes the drug thing was unfortunate but he seems genuine in his remorse and everyone deserves a second chance - even you flappy gums :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@Flanagun our 3 best players last year Preston, Averillo and Waddell. The year Waddell finally shows something he was flicked. Averillo was our best player in 2020 despite playing half a season. He was destroyed by Barrett. Potter backed him. Only time he felt secure. He was in danger when they signed Xerri and gone when they signed Quai Ward. They said EQW had better stats over Averillo.
Oh Polly :-)

So a player on a 3 year deal who only stands up in a contract year should be retained? Interestingly that happened in Ciro’s first year yet you and your crew are happy to sling mud at Ciro frequently, which one is it?

Same as a player who was our ‘best player’ 3 seasons ago? Averillo could be seen two ways: ‘coach destroyed’ as you’ve chosen or simply never truly owned a position: 7, 3 or 1. Hence why would you overpay to retain him - just because he’s a junior?

Also who are ‘they’ who allegedly said EQW had better ‘stats’ than Avo? You’ve made the claim so I assume you have a source you can name? We’ll wait here…