News Wests Tigers player refuses to train over perception of unfair treatment

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All the abuse directed at me means many more face a holiday before I would.

Benji cops so much crap on here he’s a rookie coach like Ciraldo unlike Ciraldo he’s a club legend, won a premiership at that club and since the removal of the chairman and recruitment manager has complete control. Ciraldo doesn’t even sign the players.

Benji was able to issue a termination and breach notice on Nofo which is something we had no legs on with RFM otherwise he would have been gone with a settlement.
Stop with the dribble, no one abused you and if you don’t like it then you can block people.
Also stop with putting the tigers on a pedestal they did get 2 spoons in a row.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t get it.

He went from tigers loaned to Melbourne who I am sure have a much more rigid training system yet they didn’t complain about him and he didn’t complain about them.

So what’s up with the Tigers?

Must have been pretty toxic for him to take a payout of $300k when he had 2 years remaining at $500k each. Tigers got the better end of the deal there.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t get it.

He went from tigers loaned to Melbourne who I am sure have a much more rigid training system yet they didn’t complain about him and he didn’t complain about them.

So what’s up with the Tigers?

Must have been pretty toxic for him to take a payout of $300k when he had 2 years remaining at $500k each. Tigers got the better end of the deal there.
Getting away from a toxic workplace and getting paid 300k while still being able to earn a deal elsewhere isn't a bad way to leave for Nofo tbh. I think there's a team that'll make a play for him based on past form. Seems like a Bennett type project and SL clubs tend to be willing to gamble on 'well past their best' players.

No guarantees that the reported wages are remotely accurate, so he mightn't be sacrificing that much. And given the time he's spent away from the club you'd think he's willingly burned that bridge himself.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gone to ESL. Salford, couldn’t even get picked up by another NRL side. Surprise surprise.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All the abuse directed at me means many more face a holiday before I would.

Benji cops so much crap on here he’s a rookie coach like Ciraldo unlike Ciraldo he’s a club legend, won a premiership at that club and since the removal of the chairman and recruitment manager has complete control. Ciraldo doesn’t even sign the players.

Benji was able to issue a termination and breach notice on Nofo which is something we had no legs on with RFM otherwise he would have been gone with a settlement.
This post aged well..... :tongueclosed: :tongueclosed:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gone to ESL. Salford, couldn’t even get picked up by another NRL side. Surprise surprise.
He was the tigers most consistent and stand out player over the years, I got no doubt that if he was playing for a more successful club he would've probably played rep footy.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was the tigers most consistent and stand out player over the years, I got no doubt that if he was playing for a more successful club he would've probably played rep footy.
In he’s prime, one of my favourite players. So underrated, would break tackles with ease. Shame how he’s career finished in NRL

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah he was a gun player, always made metres from dummy half and it took a couple of players to take him down. He should've left the tigers when he was in his prime.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah he was a gun player, always made metres from dummy half and it took a couple of players to take him down. He should've left the tigers when he was in his prime.
are you talking to yourself :D :D :D :D :D :D