Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Would wait to see who was on the rival ticket

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you miss some vital points that can't be simply glossed over, we have to have 30 players, we can't just go out and recruit 1 NRL quality player and then not recruit 2 others to pay for him. There is an NRL minimum contract that those players have to be on. Plus we have to spend 95% of the Cap every year, we can't save it up, not allowed under spend this year and then make it up next year. Front loaded and back ended contracts aren't allowed. As bonus for this year the NRL have decided we can't replace CHN or JO until their cases are heard.

The fact is the salary cap rules as a combination prevent any team from a fast recovery, look at how long Parramatta, Newcastle and Canbra took to get out of their holes. Look at the size of the hole the Donkeys find themselves in in Seibold's 2nd year in charge, they will take at least another year to see some light. We were always told it would take 3 years, many many times and yet some still think there's some miracle that will make it happen sooner. Well it won't, there's no rabbit or hat to pull it out of.

Go Dogs
What has all that convoluted rubbish got to do with anything. If you think the club spent the limited funds they had wisely then good for you I don’t.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you miss some vital points that can't be simply glossed over, we have to have 30 players, we can't just go out and recruit 1 NRL quality player and then not recruit 2 others to pay for him. There is an NRL minimum contract that those players have to be on. Plus we have to spend 95% of the Cap every year, we can't save it up, not allowed under spend this year and then make it up next year. Front loaded and back ended contracts aren't allowed. As bonus for this year the NRL have decided we can't replace CHN or JO until their cases are heard.

The fact is the salary cap rules as a combination prevent any team from a fast recovery, look at how long Parramatta, Newcastle and Canbra took to get out of their holes. Look at the size of the hole the Donkeys find themselves in in Seibold's 2nd year in charge, they will take at least another year to see some light. We were always told it would take 3 years, many many times and yet some still think there's some miracle that will make it happen sooner. Well it won't, there's no rabbit or hat to pull it out of.
What has all that convoluted rubbish got to do with anything. If you think the club spent the limited funds they had wisely then good for you I don’t.
Where did I post that?

More than happy to admit when I am wrong it happens often, so tell me what is factually incorrect in what I posted?

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where did I post that?

More than happy to admit when I am wrong it happens often, so tell me what is factually incorrect in what I posted?

Go Dogs
Quoting the guidelines and constraints around cap management has nothing to do with the point I was making. I believe the limited funds the club used could have been used much wisely. Napa’s $600k is a terrible signing when you have limited cash available. As I said DWZ is the only good buy out of the bunch and a good buy doesn’t have to be a expensive one. A minimum wage player that is developed into a decent player is a good buy for example. The club has failed to do that. I’m not talking about having a full competitive roster of NRL players just 2 or 3 which would have put us in a much better position now for next year.

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have ALWAYS been a major backer. Any suggestion that the football club can or has ever stood alone financially is wrong. It's one of the things that made the club as a whole so strong - the Leagues club revenue and the amount it could subsidise the footy club.
i understand they are a backer, but we are big enough club to be able to have them as a backer as well as have a major sponsor.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you expect, they make shit up, ignore any facts that contradict their biased beliefs, selectively quote whilst ignoring the context of what they are quoting, can't spell, exaggerate to an unbelievable level, can't add up and their grasp on the English language is laughable. I believe I could correct 10 posts an hour every single day and that's just fixing untruths and correcting errors of fact. Lucky I'm patient ;)

Go Dogs
no one gives a fuck about your comprehension skills.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I'm pretty sure there was a salary cap in place in Des' first season when we went from the wooden spoon to minor premiers and a GF in one season.

If you want to talk about cap issues delaying a rebuild, the Tigers had massive cap problems also when McGuire took over and now they're in 6th place in his second season and have recruited well.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Quoting the guidelines and constraints around cap management has nothing to do with the point I was making. I believe the limited funds the club used could have been used much wisely. Napa’s $600k is a terrible signing when you have limited cash available. As I said DWZ is the only good buy out of the bunch and a good buy doesn’t have to be a expensive one. A minimum wage player that is developed into a decent is a good buy for example. The club has failed to do that. I’m not talking about having a full competitive roster of NRL players just 2 or 3 which would have put us in a much better position now for next year.
Rather than making astute purchases our recruitment strat is akin to a game of crapshoot

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I just said the Storm deal was PRE Covid. Here's the proof: https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2020/03/01/storm-announce-redzed-as-major-partner/
Major sponsor wise what did you expect when it was widely known our cap issues would have us fielding a second rate squad until 2021? So I don't buy that either. And you fail to mention that the current admin still managed to keep KIA onboard in some capacity, they didn't walk totally.
Don't blame the players for losing the sponsor? Who would you blame then??
You have ZERO evidence that CHN was hung out to dry. Speculation only.
'All we've done is miss out on players' - who? Api who backflipped? Ramien who was never serious because he wanted to go back to Cronulla? WHO?
Mate - I appreciate you've got a view and that's fine, I respect that - but you've still got to stick to the facts and much of the above doesn't.
just because it was pre covid, it doesnt mean anything... larger companies would have still be cautious.

i just love that everytime we miss out on a player 'its speculation' and everytime something comes out that supports auntie lynne its "well done board" come on, just eliminate the bias!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So you honestly believe that getting Thompson here 6 months early was not in any way positive?

Go Dogs
It was more a general observation.
Thompson coming here early is a positive, though it's one of the very few this club has had in recent times.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then why is she saying we shouldn't of shot ourselves in the foot by reacting emotionally
I think she is claiming the incident and loss of the two players has had an impact on the team's performance therefore they can't react emotionally against the coach.. it would be like if key players get injured through a year, and a team finishes lower than expected.. you could react emotionally and blame the coach or you could act with reason and factor in the circumstances that led to the poor result. This is what I think she means.. I just want to make it clear I don't agree with her and think it's a cop out..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rather than making astute purchases our recruitment strat is akin to a game of crapshoot
For sure. Look I’m not expecting every player they buy to turn into gold but 2-3 more then DWZ isn’t too much to ask for.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think she is claiming the incident and loss of the two players has had an impact on the team's performance therefore they can't react emotionally against the coach.. it would be like if key players get injured through a year, and a team finishes lower than expected.. you could react emotionally and blame the coach or you could act with reason and factor in the circumstances that led to the poor result. This is what I think she means.. I just want to make it clear I don't agree with her and think it's a cop out..
thats cute, is that what the parra board are done that she admires sooo much.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure. Look I’m not expecting every player they buy to turn into gold but 2-3 more then DWZ isn’t too much to ask for.
whats the term

"trust the process" Lynne is subtly asking for 2 more years lol

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats cute, is that what the parra board are done that she admires sooo much.
Read my last sentence. I'm not defending her. I'm explaining what I think is a misinterpretation of part of her statement. The eels comment is just dumb dumb dumb. No question on that

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read my last sentence. I'm not defending her. I'm explaining what I think is a misinterpretation of part of her statement. The eels comment is just dumb dumb dumb. No question on that
i know lol... not having a go, just a chuckle at her expense lol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
i understand they are a backer, but we are big enough club to be able to have them as a backer as well as have a major sponsor.
Yes, and for the most part that’s always how it’s been. It would’ve been that way this year too had the major sponsorship not been lost.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Even DWZ is a borderline good buy imo. We bought him to play fullback and he flopped. Yh he does great on the wing but thar clearly wasn't the clubs intentions with him.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This board are a fucken disgrace and anyone who still supports them are far beyond help