We need a goal kicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a scenario for you all.

On Sunday, Dogs v Dragons it's the 80th minute and Dogs score to tie up the game with the kick to come. Like most departing/retiring players they would take the last kick.

Would you give it to Reynolds to take to either knock Dragon's out of the finals and share one last bit of glory or allow our kicker (not that anyone else will be any better) to win the game?
Plan B

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was Montoya I would be speaking to Haz or Halligan and put in a big off season practicing as a goal kicker.
His value would double. If you're not naturally a goal kicker you wouldn't normally bother.
But the state of goal kicking throughout the club ATM. It could only help his market value.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not saying this wont work but against the current trend of coaches putting bigger bodies in the middle. Jackson will be tackling props
Jackson tackling props isn't a bad thing for us though, and this whole extra prop at lock is a myth. It's about balancing the pack, and someone like Jackson will do that perfectly for us rather than dumping our best prop there.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because your super coach is dumb enough to assemble a squad with no one that is capable of kicking goals at a level required in the nrl.
Goal kickers are usually players already in the squad who put their hand up to do the hard yards with lots of practice but, more importantly want to be the goal kicker!!! no good the coach whoever he/her is selecting a team member and telling them they are the goal kicker....some one needs to put their hand up.
You force it and you end up with shit!! Hodco was not a goal kicker before he came to our club, he made the job his because he wanted the job not because Des told him to do it!!
Wake up to yourself Boy!! :tonguewink:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Goal kickers are usually players already in the squad who put their hand up to do the hard yards with lots of practice but, more importantly want to be the goal kicker!!! no good the coach whoever he/her is selecting a team member and telling them they are the goal kicker....some one needs to put their hand up.
You force it and you end up with shit!! Hodco was not a goal kicker before he came to our club, he made the job his because he wanted the job not because Des told him to do it!!
Wake up to yourself Boy!! :tonguewink:
You got no idea whatsoever, you don't just wake up one morning as a first grader and go i'm going to be a goal kicker now and just start. It takes years and years of practice, Trent kicked goals in his younger years including when he played in manly's qld cup feeder club, clearly he kept practising and keeping his skill levels up while playing first grade at manly even though he wasn't the goal kicker.

Last edited:

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You got no idea whatsoever, you don't just wake up one morning as a first grader and go i'm going to be a goal kicker now and just start. It takes years and years of practice, Trent kicked goals in his younger years including when he played in manly's qld cup feeder club, clearly he kept practising and keeping his skill levels up will playing first grade at manly even though he wasn't the goal kicker.
Er....OK, whatever you say!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You got no idea whatsoever, you don't just wake up one morning as a first grader and go i'm going to be a goal kicker now and just start. It takes years and years of practice, Trent kicked goals in his younger years including when he played in manly's qld cup feeder club, clearly he kept practising and keeping his skill levels up while playing first grade at manly even though he wasn't the goal kicker.
He's got to make something up to defend Hasler!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sezer is awful ...
Why are the bulldogs so against bringing aiden sezer back to the club, he even wanted to come back before signing with the raiders! Surely a player swap for him would be cheap? Mbye or Eastwood maybe????

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are the bulldogs so against bringing aiden sezer back to the club, he even wanted to come back before signing with the raiders! Surely a player swap for him would be cheap? Mbye or Eastwood maybe????
It would have to be a straight swap because Raiders are allegedly in the same cap trouble as us!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd say you just need the right technique.. It's not rocket science like it won't take years lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd say you just need the right technique.. It's not rocket science like it won't take years lol
no offence wolfie but as someone who played rugby league for many years a junior and as a goal kicker, it takes a hell of a long time and continuous practice to master. It may look and seem simple on tv, trust me it's not.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no offence wolfie but as someone who played rugby league for many years a junior and as a goal kicker, it takes a hell of a long time and continuous practice to master. It may look and seem simple on tv, trust me it's not.
My apologies for even questioning your knowledge and vast experience as a goal kicker, did you receive goal kicking advice from Gotenks too lol

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My apologies for even questioning your knowledge and vast experience as a goal kicker, did you receive goal kicking advice from Gotenks too lol
Yes @Gotenks was my trainer and goal kicking mentor. I ended up with a 99.9% success rate and i only ever attempted one kick, go figure lol

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes @Gotenks was my trainer and goal kicking mentor. I ended up with a 99.9% success rate and i only ever attempted one kick, go figure lol
You need to go wipe that piece of brown stain off the tip of your nose Boy!

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm hearing Tolman has been putting in the hours at training and will be kicking goals next season! Is there anything this guy can't do!
Tolman has failed miserably in my opinion. What he can't do is put his hand up and resign. Maybe its his slow marbles taking time to accept his time is up. Mind you Des hasn't tried him at ball boy yet

Status
Not open for further replies.