We need a goal kicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
no offence wolfie but as someone who played rugby league for many years a junior and as a goal kicker, it takes a hell of a long time and continuous practice to master. It may look and seem simple on tv, trust me it's not.
Fair enough, Ill take your word for it but Tbf it's been almost 3years since our goal kicker has been appointed and he's only just slightly improved.. In 3 years you can go from a pleb to a professional graduate of science ,education etc.. Just saying

I've heard Matty johns comment on technique when it comes to goal kicking so I'm assuming that's the key.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fair enough, Ill take your word for it but Tbf it's been almost 3years since our goal kicker has been appointed and he's only just slightly improved.. In 3 years you can go from a pleb to a professional graduate of science ,education etc.. Just saying

I've heard Matty johns comment on technique when it comes to goal kicking so I'm assuming that's the key.
To go from a pleb to a professional you have to have a brain ie the right IQ. Not everyone has the IQ to be a scientist. In sport you have to have certain skill sets or hand/eye coordination to play certain sports. Kicking a ball doesn't come naturally to everyone. You really should think about what you post.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To go from a pleb to a professional you have to have a brain ie the right IQ. Not everyone has the IQ to be a scientist. In sport you have to have certain skill sets or hand/eye coordination to play certain sports. Kicking a ball doesn't come naturally to everyone. You really should think about what you post.
So you think Des didn't have that in mind when choosing a goal kicker?
Do you think he just pulled a name out of a hat?
You should really think about the dumb shit you post.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That the best ya got princess?
I am a little surprised that you responded so late last night, shouldn't young people your age be in bed and out of site by 8pm? maybe you were out back practicing goal kicking.8-)

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If at the end of the 2018 season goal kicking is our main issue, id be a happy man.
There was also an interview with mbye earlier in the year about him training under halligan. So its not like they are ignoring the problem.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I am a little surprised that you responded so late last night, shouldn't young people your age be in bed and out of site by 8pm? maybe you were out back practicing goal kicking.8-)
Hey have you seen idiocracy? You should watch it, it's a documentary about des hasler supporters, really good viewing.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you think Des didn't have that in mind when choosing a goal kicker?
Do you think he just pulled a name out of a hat?
You should really think about the dumb shit you post.
Look in the mirror......

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson needs to move to lock asap. Jackson is easily the best suited player for our team in that position. Woods and Klemmer as a frontrow pairing and Jackson at lock could potentially be the best middle third in the NRL. They will just compliment each other perfectly.

And what would happen to our favourite prop Tolman?

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No that's you at the end of your keyboard everytime I shut you down with truth serum
Ha ha you are a goose. You posted a ridiculous comment about the lads having lunch after a loss and carried on like a pork chop about it. You suugest a pleb can be turned into a genius with training and use that analogy to suggest an individual without natural skills can be trained to kick goals.....if you dont have an IQ you can't be turned into a scientist. If you dont have natural ability to kick the ball then it cant be coached......

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The hole you are digging is getting deeper and deeper.....lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you dont have natural ability to kick the ball then it cant be coached......
Yeah you can , as long as you've got a functioning foot and the motivation to learn you can be coached to kick.. You're a defeatest and a sheep rolled into one

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah you can , as long as you've got a functioning foot and the motivation to learn you can be coached to kick.. You're a defeatest and a sheep rolled into one
Yes you can be coached to kick, doesn't mean you're going to be great at it though. If your thought process was true then teams would be stacked with 85%+ goal kickers lol.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes you can be coached to kick, doesn't mean you're going to be great at it though. If your thought process was true then teams would be stacked with 85%+ goal kickers lol.
I'm no footy player but I've been a witness to my own kids without skills and without coaching going to a park learning how to kick goals from different angles .

It's not rocket science it's basic hand eye coordination

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm no footy player but I've been a witness to my own kids without skills and without coaching going to a park learning how to kick goals from different angles .

There's a huge difference from kicking in the park to kicking professionally during a game under fatigue and pressure. It isn't just basic hand eye coordination.

Going by your logic, Cooper Cronk should be the best goal kicker in the game. But he doesn't even kick goals, Smith kicks them. Smith who will go down as a immortal only kicks at 73%. So with all the hardwork and training that Smith puts in, he's just a 73% goal kicker? Cronk must be even worse.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Practice, coaching and good technique is only part of the formula. The elite kickers also have a natural feel for it that can't be taught.

Status
Not open for further replies.