We need a goal kicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should have plenty of goal kickers, why can't half the team practice kicks during the week to see who is the best and select the best four so there is always two sharp shooters on the field?

A

Alexander the Great

Can't someone practise FFS.. Gimme 650k and I'll practise 12 hours a day or go look for a coach. Just Pathetic
Yep agree.
Ffs like have Moses spend a hour everyday drilling goals. J.t used to spend hours just pumping through them.
Kids these days...

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This!!! Rhys martin was the ISP backrower of the year alongside jamil hopoate. Problem solved!!!
Food for thought mate - martin is a right side 2nd rower. Jackson has been playing there for years. I think rfm also favours that side considering his 2 best games, vs knights and titans, he spent most times there.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Food for thought mate - martin is a right side 2nd rower. Jackson has been playing there for years. I think rfm also favours that side considering his 2 best games, vs knights and titans, he spent most times there.
Neither of them kick goals though. Put Rhys on the left and he would grab his chance with both hands in my opinion. Or put jackson at lock and klem where he belongs in the front row.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep agree.
Ffs like have Moses spend a hour everyday drilling goals. J.t used to spend hours just pumping through them.
Kids these days...
All of them spend hours every week practicing, but there is a big difference between practice and hitting them under fatigue/pressure. That's the problem. Some blokes are great under those conditions and others not so much. It's not the technical skill that is the issue it is the mental skill.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't panic we have 6 months to find a kicker...#gutted#nofinals

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a scenario for you all.

On Sunday, Dogs v Dragons it's the 80th minute and Dogs score to tie up the game with the kick to come. Like most departing/retiring players they would take the last kick.

Would you give it to Reynolds to take to either knock Dragon's out of the finals and share one last bit of glory or allow our kicker (not that anyone else will be any better) to win the game?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Adam elliot is our man. Close thread [emoji23]
I had to give you a "like" for your post.

Yeah Elliot is the goods for sure.

How about his attempted conversion of the Josh Morris try against the Titans (the one where Roberts I think it was passed it to Morris).

Morris scored just to the left of the posts and Elliot's attempted conversion didn't even go close

What was worse was that he missed to the right of the posts so he kicked it across the entire front of the posts from such close range.

What a crap state of affairs when that's as good as it gets from your backup kicker.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep agree.
Kids these days...
Haha you're right pops :grinning:
They just want to get straight to the top..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson needs to move to lock asap. Jackson is easily the best suited player for our team in that position. Woods and Klemmer as a frontrow pairing and Jackson at lock could potentially be the best middle third in the NRL. They will just compliment each other perfectly.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have bigger problems than missing goals. Working on scoring tries would be a good start I think
Very true Raysie, but for the Bulldogs a high percentage goal kicker is a must. In recent matches its been a case of they score one and kick the goal, then we score one and miss the goal. Then bugger me the opposition get a penalty and pot another goal which puts them four points in front.

And so it goes on with the opposition converting and the Doggies missing. Then bugger me we're the value of a converted try behind simply because we can't kick a goal. Its great to see the Mozzles, Brenko and our champion in making Marcelo Monyoya all scoring tries but our kickers aren't worth a struck match trying to pot them from the sidelines. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Martin. Problem solved.
I watched the reggies play a few times this yr and he"s a decent goalkicker. The ball pings off his boot and he can kick a fair distance.
Not sure if he is upto fg playing wise.
Goes alright might surprise if given a chance

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta score try's before you get to take conversions.
Unless were planning on winning games via penalties, now ?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a scenario for you all.

On Sunday, Dogs v Dragons it's the 80th minute and Dogs score to tie up the game with the kick to come. Like most departing/retiring players they would take the last kick.

Would you give it to Reynolds to take to either knock Dragon's out of the finals and share one last bit of glory or allow our kicker (not that anyone else will be any better) to win the game?
Yeah give it to reynolds so we can go to golden point and get kas to kick for field goal.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson needs to move to lock asap. Jackson is easily the best suited player for our team in that position. Woods and Klemmer as a frontrow pairing and Jackson at lock could potentially be the best middle third in the NRL. They will just compliment each other perfectly.
Not saying this wont work but against the current trend of coaches putting bigger bodies in the middle. Jackson will be tackling props

A

Alexander the Great

I had to give you a "like" for your post.

Yeah Elliot is the goods for sure.

How about his attempted conversion of the Josh Morris try against the Titans (the one where Roberts I think it was passed it to Morris).

Morris scored just to the left of the posts and Elliot's attempted conversion didn't even go close

What was worse was that he missed to the right of the posts so he kicked it across the entire front of the posts from such close range.

What a crap state of affairs when that's as good as it gets from your backup kicker.
Went from Halligan ....... El Magic.........Dogshit..

Status
Not open for further replies.