We must stick together!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep. I really don't know how I feel about the possibility of the cheese becoming a Bulldog. He has bulked up this season, I guess because he would have been second choice hooker at the Storm because one H Grant is the better of the two. Now he is someone I would love to have at the Dogs. Smith himself admits he is playing heavier this year by around 10kg.
I can't see Bellamby letting him play unfit for the position somehow tho. He probably had a training regime for lock or 2nd row?

Not sure what's happening there. Maybe it was an experiment to add kgs bc he was getting knocked around, and its backfired?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't see Bellamby letting him play unfit for the position somehow tho. He probably had a training regime for lock or 2nd row?

Not sure what's happening there. Maybe it was an experiment to add kgs bc he was getting knocked around, and its backfired?
Yeah you are right,they were looking at playing him 2nd row. Hence the build up........

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Me too the start of it all
I was having this conversation with a guy at work.
I still blame Des, Castle, and Dib for us being shit.
But not next year.
This year is the start of the rebuild.
I understand this year isn't going to be much.
But next year,.
Our shortfalls next year are all on current coaching staff and administration.

No more excuses

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You look at that list of players who are off contract for next year and I don't think a single one should stay. I'd even throw DWZ into it. So that's about half a team. That's me taking into consideration that we can't be the Rorters and need "solid" FG players. I just don't think any of them are even "solid". We have a big ways to go to be competitive again.
We need to build a winning attitude. That's what the Chooks and Storm have in spades. Broncos used to, and so did we.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas look I'm only new here but I chuck it out there I'm a roosters supporter always have been. BUT even though I grew up in a working class family in Paddo we moved to Ashfield and played my juniours for Wests at pratten park.

Now I don't have this hate for the dogs and man it pisses me that so early folk are banging on about the spoon. You guys won't get the spoon. Let's leave that for Kevvies blokes. FFS it's only been 2 rounds, need combos to set in and work, and a shitload can happen through the season.

I have a real soft spot for the (Berries), Parra and Wests and wanna see all them do a decent job this year.

Man I still remember the entertainers....that's what you blokes used to be and FMS it was bloody good to watch.

I reckon you got a goodin in Flanno.....trust me he makes Lam look like a reserve park player.

Anyways hoping you guys smash the crap out of Brisbane.........and hope the media piss off with this death riding you blokes.

Cheers
Thanks for your comments. I remember watching the Berries play Wests at Pratten Park, back when it was a mudheap in the wet. Simple weathered plank seats, same as at Henson and Lidcombe. You were close to the game, and could watch all three grades for a good day's football.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only decision I have to make is whether I get buried in my jersey or leave it to my son!!!
Then again I have about six (jerseys that is)
But I do believe it is true for most of us that we have our favourite one!!
My favourite is the realestate.com one with a single signature - Folksie

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Simple weathered plank seats, same as at Henson and Lidcombe. You were close to the game, and could watch all three grades for a good day's football.
Yeah bro them were good days. Norths always had a decent team but come finals......nada.
One of the Canterbury players I used to love watching was big Geoff Robinson....the dude had no fear. THen Brentnall, what a full back...I think he had an AFL background.
And something he was good at but you dont see anymore aws the kicking dual. Anyways great trip down memory lane.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah bro them were good days. Norths always had a decent team but come finals......nada.
One of the Canterbury players I used to love watching was big Geoff Robinson....the dude had no fear. THen Brentnall, what a full back...I think he had an AFL background.
And something he was good at but you dont see anymore aws the kicking dual. Anyways great trip down memory lane.
Robbo is the son-in-law of a mate of mine.

Brentnall did have an Aussie Rules background. He came from Wagga Wagga, the same place as the Mortimers; we signed them up together.
Greg scored the first try in the first State of Origin match, and sent up the kick for the classic Steve Gearin grand final winning try.

Kicking duels were indeed a part of the game; rule changes rendered them useless. Les Johns was very good at it, as was Keith Barnes for the Tigers.