We must stick together!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Look at the Titans. We have some quality first graders. I think 4 or 5 real quality players at the same time gets it done. Cotric looks out of place he’s that good
You look at that list of players who are off contract for next year and I don't think a single one should stay. I'd even throw DWZ into it. So that's about half a team. That's me taking into consideration that we can't be the Rorters and need "solid" FG players. I just don't think any of them are even "solid". We have a big ways to go to be competitive again.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You look at that list of players who are off contract for next year and I don't think a single one should stay. I'd even throw DWZ into it. So that's about half a team. That's me taking into consideration that we can't be the Rorters and need "solid" FG players. I just don't think any of them are even "solid". We have a big ways to go to be competitive again.
We can't be the Roosters or a top 4 team from the position we're in. If we add 3-4 players (bare minimum a top hooker, and a couple decent signings with that) for 2022 on top of what we already have (not inc JAC and Burton) we can contend for a bottom top 8 position. I see a few players we can re-sign as depth but it's going to be the in's for the other spots that make the difference.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brandon Smith or Turpin
Rudolf
Naden or Staggs
Piakura

There ya go.
I like all of these, just think we need another prop as well. A rotation of a true big bopper, Thompson, Rudolf & Heatho should he get it together would be competitive. Our other props can all go!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
We can't be the Roosters or a top 4 team from the position we're in. If we add 3-4 players (bare minimum a top hooker, and a couple decent signings with that) for 2022 on top of what we already have (not inc JAC and Burton) we can contend for a bottom top 8 position.
We definitely have an opportunity to turn iy round quick next year if burton fires and we recruit properly.
This years a write off, but bext year i swear on mos def himself we can compete

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
We can't be the Roosters or a top 4 team from the position we're in. If we add 3-4 players (bare minimum a top hooker, and a couple decent signings with that) for 2022 on top of what we already have (not inc JAC and Burton) we can contend for a bottom top 8 position. I see a few players we can re-sign as depth but it's going to be the in's for the other spots that make the difference.
Huge juggling act to come from our Club boss's no doubt with the 2022 team

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
There are long term loose plans to reacquire Dean.
That is serious oil.

The new lebanese admin disagree with how the Dean situation was handled.
there is a gentlemans agreement to bring dean back int the fold either as a lower grade head coach or first grade defence coach if furner doesnt work out. They just want to wait a couple of years.
Lebanese admin? ... there’s a problem right there lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
2021 hasnt started off well for the bulldogs but this should not mean we turn our backs on our board nor the club.
I can assure you they have worked tirelessly to secure marque signingings for 2022 so I ask you to be patient and supportive as its only round 2 and I do believe we will turn things around as the season progresses.
We must stick together and back our board/coach and their decisions as they are heading in the right direction!
I will never turn my back on the club, but in the same respect it's been a very frustrating 6 years..

Every year we live in hope that the nightmare is over, yet it continues on and on.

You can't blame people for venting.. and I hope you are right.. but I'm over holding my breath..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I like all of these, just think we need another prop as well. A rotation of a true big bopper, Thompson, Rudolf & Heatho should he get it together would be competitive. Our other props can all go!
No we defenitely need a Hetherington replacement.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Brandon Smith or Turpin
Rudolf
Naden or Staggs
Piakura

There ya go.
They said the same about the 08 team, we made about 6 key signings and we finished 2nd the next year

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
2021 hasnt started off well for the bulldogs but this should not mean we turn our backs on our board nor the club.
I can assure you they have worked tirelessly to secure marque signingings for 2022 so I ask you to be patient and supportive as its only round 2 and I do believe we will turn things around as the season progresses.
We must stick together and back our board/coach and their decisions as they are heading in the right direction!
Good to hear from ya @MasterP

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ill feel better/gain some confidence for 2022 when they announce the signing of a gun forward or 2, Cant remember the last time our pack was this soft/ineffective.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What does this post mean? We have made signings or are still chasing? It reads like an each way bet but ‘yes’ we need to stick together

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, Rome wasn't built in a day.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I will never turn my back on the club, but in the same respect it's been a very frustrating 6 years..

Every year we live in hope that the nightmare is over, yet it continues on and on.

You can't blame people for venting.. and I hope you are right.. but I'm over holding my breath..
Yes agree, im a 37 year fan and fully support this rebuild. We are 2 games in and must be patient like the knights, souths back when they bought asotasi off us and more recently like the titans.

GO DOGGIES!!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes agree, im a 37 year fan and fully support this rebuild. We are 2 games in and must be patient like the knights, souths back when they bought asotasi off us and more recently like the titans.

GO DOGGIES!!!
Knights only suffered for 4 years really (after Bennett's last year until 2018, they had the roster to make finals in 2019 imo). Our base isn't as bad as theirs was either (believe it or not). No more excuses next year surely.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can't be the Roosters or a top 4 team from the position we're in.
Hey fellas look I'm only new here but I chuck it out there I'm a roosters supporter always have been. BUT even though I grew up in a working class family in Paddo we moved to Ashfield and played my juniours for Wests at pratten park.

Now I don't have this hate for the dogs and man it pisses me that so early folk are banging on about the spoon. You guys won't get the spoon. Let's leave that for Kevvies blokes. FFS it's only been 2 rounds, need combos to set in and work, and a shitload can happen through the season.

I have a real soft spot for the (Berries), Parra and Wests and wanna see all them do a decent job this year.

Man I still remember the entertainers....that's what you blokes used to be and FMS it was bloody good to watch.

I reckon you got a goodin in Flanno.....trust me he makes Lam look like a reserve park player.

Anyways hoping you guys smash the crap out of Brisbane.........and hope the media piss off with this death riding you blokes.

Cheers