We must stick together!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Headed in the right direction, where's the next Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley and Roy Asotasi?
Its a reserve grade forward pack, sure were coming out of a mismanaged era but the fans are disappointed we still don't look competitive in 21.
To be competitive they have to play like its life and death and their not.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree with the comments u make,but we cannot ignore the self motivated agendas,that were present,during the last 2 boards,at our club,I spend a lot of time and money at our club,and I’m very much aware,of all the negativity that takes place.
The people who run clubs are not the losers. It's us who lose...the fans & members. We are the ones who spend our hard earned on Kayo, Fox Sports, Game day tickets, season passes, merchandise, our time and efforts etc for the club. And when our support doesn't get reciprocated it's a slap in the face.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The people who run clubs are not the losers. It's us who lose...the fans & members. We are the ones who spend our hard earned on Kayo, Fox Sports, Game day tickets, season passes, merchandise, our time and efforts etc for the club. And when our support doesn't get reciprocated it's a slap in the face.
Agree,200%,last year I donated platinum tickets to the club,as a sign of courtesy, they could have at least given say 5% discount,no nothing,at the moment communication from the club to it’s members is not great,and I have expressed my opinions to them.

Reactions: GDR

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We’ve been sticking together forever and this year is looking the same as the last 5 years I hope I’m wrong Barrett needs to make massive changes because if doesn’t then sorry he’s no better than pay

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Spot on

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Current performances not the coaches nor the boards fault.

If you are running out a PE teacher round 1 as a hooker. And you have Meaney, hoppa, zelezniak, averillo (as your starting 5/8) Napa, Jackson, Marshall king, katoa, Waddell in your 17 then you are suffering from a lack of talent. Neither of these players would be top 100 players in the nrl. But some would still be paid top dollar.

Then your next tier of players are Lewis, Wakeham, Britt etc.

We will definitely be competitive next year. But I still think we won’t be a threat until 23 or 24. But I’m sure dogs fans would be happy just to be a top 8 team at the moment.

can’t put any blame on this board or this coach (still can’t believe Jackson, hoppa, zelezniak, Lewis were extended while they still had a year on their contract). Hopefully the new regime are more savvy then past boards and coaches. I have full faith in them and they deserve 2 years before passing judgment.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey fellas look I'm only new here but I chuck it out there I'm a roosters supporter always have been. BUT even though I grew up in a working class family in Paddo we moved to Ashfield and played my juniours for Wests at pratten park.

Now I don't have this hate for the dogs and man it pisses me that so early folk are banging on about the spoon. You guys won't get the spoon. Let's leave that for Kevvies blokes. FFS it's only been 2 rounds, need combos to set in and work, and a shitload can happen through the season.

I have a real soft spot for the (Berries), Parra and Wests and wanna see all them do a decent job this year.

Man I still remember the entertainers....that's what you blokes used to be and FMS it was bloody good to watch.

I reckon you got a goodin in Flanno.....trust me he makes Lam look like a reserve park player.

Anyways hoping you guys smash the crap out of Brisbane.........and hope the media piss off with this death riding you blokes.

Cheers
Welcome aboard, like you I'm also a foreign agent for the Roosters. It's a great site for talking footy and other crap (the Lounge) and you'll get to know some great characters.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree,200%,last year I donated platinum tickets to the club,as a sign of courtesy, they could have at least given say 5% discount,no nothing,at the moment communication from the club to it’s members is not great,and I have expressed my opinions to them.
South did a really nice gesture to all the supporters who donated their memberships last year.. they put all their names on their round 1 jerseys as a tribute.. I don't know who is in charge of membership here atm, but they need to be relieved of duty..

I tried to get additional tickets for my nephew's (on top of my membership) last week and I spoke with Randy or allan.. cant remember.. he said that they would call me back at the end of the week with options.. he didn't call me back so I called him back late Friday he was still clueless and couldn't get me additional tickets in the kennel. I ended up just buying G.A tickets for my wife, myself and my nephew's.

We turn up to the game and the kennel is lucky to have 20 people in it..

Extremely poor effort tbh.. very disappointed.. especially considering we braved the elements to be there..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Headed in the right direction, where's the next Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley and Roy Asotasi?
Its a reserve grade forward pack, sure were coming out of a mismanaged era but the fans are disappointed we still don't look competitive in 21.
To be competitive they have to play like its life and death and their not.
Without blue and white glasses on, do you reckon those three forwards were at their best when with us, or that they performed better with another team?

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You still have a hard on for B Smith, really??? I’ve been saying everyone needs to stop thinking B Smith is a top grade hooker because quite simply he just isn’t! I think that game against Parra last week proved my point, the guy created nothing from dummy half for the Storm and was absolutely gassed before halftime FFS! Open your eyes bro.
It’s not just his lack of creativity that worries me. His service from dummy half is no better than Michael Liicha’s .
If we sign him he should play at number 13 as he is a great little player . He just isn’t a hooker week in week out. Hopefully we don’t pay him marquee money to do so if we do sign him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree with those hesitating about BSmith as the kind of hooker we need.

But with Flanno and Burto together we should have the firepower to create plenty.

If some of the forwards are revved up, and a few new ones join us, then Smith may be just the thing. He does have the capability to change his fitness and role.

He played well for Kiwis as 9.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with those hesitating about BSmith as the kind of hooker we need.

But with Flanno and Burto together we should have the firepower to create plenty.

If some of the forwards are revved up, and a few new ones join us, then Smith may be just the thing. He does have the capability to change his fitness and role.

He played well for Kiwis as 9.
Yep. I really don't know how I feel about the possibility of the cheese becoming a Bulldog. He has bulked up this season, I guess because he would have been second choice hooker at the Storm because one H Grant is the better of the two. Now he is someone I would love to have at the Dogs. Smith himself admits he is playing heavier this year by around 10kg.