Opinion We are a joke

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The current regime did acknowledge that it wouldnt be until 2021 that the club would be in a competitive position salary cap wise - however there is little happening with the first grade squad that gives me any confidence. With exception of some quality in the junior sides what the current admin have been responsible for has not been inspiring.
Recent recruitments of Cogger, Meaney (who were bog average at Newcastle) Stimson, Britt
Selections - Britt is too slow to play in the backrow he is a bench middle forward at best, not playing Wakeham, continuing with Lewis Cogger in the halves
Tolman still takes too many plodding carries and gets in the way in attack - CANT THEY SEE THIS - been happening for years

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was hoping that watching our side play would reignite my interest in the game but unfortunately even though we all knew that we would struggle again this year their performance on the weekend left a lot to be desired.
We have a poor roster, that is evident and has been for a while and apart from the Titans and currently St George we are a million miles behind every other side in the competition.
We should stick through thick and thin and have done so for the last few years but it is looking like Groundhog Day again for us...shitty start to the beginning and middle of comp and then hey presto when things are pretty much done and dusted with the composition of the eight we will come home with a wet sail. Big difference is those five games that we normally win at the end of it all no longer exist. A shortened competition will probably consign us to wooden spooners contenders and that is sad.
Write off this year and hope for a better 2021. Don't like to think that way but sadly that is exactly what I am feeling at the moment. Seriously considering not picking them each week in the footy tipping and that is unheard of for me.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I'm not childish mate, but I wasn't the one attacking fans all week and getting on my high horse acting like the superior fan like you were. Once again like some others, you can dish it out but have a cry when it comes back your way.

Good to see you're not man enough to admit you were carrying on and attacking people unnecessarily when all they did was question whether Pay was the right coach. Which is a very legitimate question, especially after last night..
Seriously? You are a child. I said fuck all last week. A few comments about team selections was all. Do you want a fucking medal for being the smug arrogant twat that you are?
I'll support the team, the coach and the club until the situation becomes so unattainable but there's no choice to revolt. Sadly we are getting to that point, and unlike you, I take no pleasure in this. Bit for you it's just a chance to get one up on someone and bag them for having their opinions.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Our club is being run into the ground, it’s a fucking disgrace
This is all on the board and pay
What, Des has nothing on him? Ruining our salary cap and letting our best players go??

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get rid of the whole club! Coach, players, admin, board...the whole lot of them.
What a disgrace of a club!

You'd think, that three years of "re-building" if there was ever one, and with players gaining at least 50 first grade games under their belt, we'd be at least somewhat competitive sniffing around the 8.

What a sad, sad story the Bulldogs have become.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had over spent on new contracts and had no choice to let players go to stay compliant.... thanks to Mr Dib
That narrative doesn’t cut the mustard anymore!
The bottom line is Lynne, Hill & the recruitment team have no plan, not for this season or the next 3!
If the Dragons put a score on us, action will need to be taken

Last edited:

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like McGreggor at the Dragons, after 3 years Pay has to be judged on his lack of results. His selection choices condemn him. When he picked Sue in team this week I knew it would be a one sided game. After the first two rounds last year when Pay persisted with him, we had so many points racked up against us, the season was gone. Pay cannot hide behind the old regime, salary cap, young team, need 50 games, blah blah, you know you know, it’s where we’re at. The fact is he hasn’t produced in 3 years. Maybe a broken Foran can last a few more games but where is Pay coaching these other guys how to create a hole, move up in defence and score when near the line? The halves run sideways too often and jam up the outside players instead of heading straight and drawing the defence to create space. The number of halves Pay has gone through without any signs of development. Players are played out of position regularly. Pay has wasted recruitment money and salary cap. Forget the 50 games, too young and all that rubbish. If you’re good enough, you’re good enough. Stars are coming through at other clubs at a young age. Pay off Pay and get a decent coach. If his communication skills are as poor as he appears during media conferences, I doubt he has the ability to impart a worthwhile message to the players.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously? You are a child. I said fuck all last week. A few comments about team selections was all. Do you want a fucking medal for being the smug arrogant twat that you are?
I'll support the team, the coach and the club until the situation becomes so unattainable but there's no choice to revolt. Sadly we are getting to that point, and unlike you, I take no pleasure in this. Bit for you it's just a chance to get one up on someone and bag them for having their opinions.
There's only one person acting childish and that's you. When you're ready to have a proper discussion, let me know. No one takes pleasure in being a bottom four team every year.

Some of us could see the writing on the wall way earlier and were criticised for expressing concerns as per your post below.

People would rather just bitch and moan about team selections day in, day out until kick off. It really is white sad.
No one knows how well, or how poorly each individual player responded to the lock down situation, and the impact it had on their daily training routine, or even their mental health, yet everyone seems to think they know better then Pay, and naturally his choices are completely moronic and made without any knowledge of how our players have coped over these past months. For all we know there are very legitimate reasons why certain players were overlooked. And NONE of us are privy to any of this inside information!!! Yet somehow people insist they know better.
Gotta love the kennels panel of absolute experts!!!!

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like McGreggor at the Dragons, after 3 years Pay has to be judged on his lack of results. His selection choices condemn him. When he picked Sue in team this week I knew it would be a one sided game. After the first two rounds last year when Pay persisted with him, we had so many points racked up against us, the season was gone. Pay cannot hide behind the old regime, salary cap, young team, need 50 games, blah blah, you know you know, it’s where we’re at. The fact is he hasn’t produced in 3 years. Maybe a broken Foran can last a few more games but where is Pay coaching these other guys how to create a hole, move up in defence and score when near the line? The halves run sideways too often and jam up the outside players instead of heading straight and drawing the defence to create space. The number of halves Pay has gone through without any signs of development. Players are played out of position regularly. Pay has wasted recruitment money and salary cap. Forget the 50 games, too young and all that rubbish. If you’re good enough, you’re good enough. Stars are coming through at other clubs at a young age. Pay off Pay and get a decent coach. If his communication skills are as poor as he appears during media conferences, I doubt he has the ability to impart a worthwhile message to the players.
McGregor has been consistently overruled by his board when it comes to payments to players. The player themselves is not the issue just the amounts being paid to them ( Hunt and Norman being two which come to mind at 1.2 mill and 800k respectively). They also lose Frizell to Newcastle for not much more than he is on at the Dragons. I am not a fan of Frizell but he is far and away their best forward at the moment. McGregor may be a top notch bloke but he has trouble extracting consistent high performance from a roster which should be doing better.

Pay himself has admitted that Foran will not be the saviour of the team but he should also look at his selections. He will I am sure persist in picking the players the same every week, that is how he rolls and will be no different to the past few years. No excuses in my mind, the only thing that I can see is that we are not good enough and we never will be until we can get the young blokes who are our future to play week in week out to hone their skills and we can actually attract the players we need in the appropriate positions to the club. Sick of other clubs leftovers signed as 'depth'.I can't remember when we had a truly effective spine...

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: time to throw caution into the wind..... not shit pay .....