Opinion We are a joke

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Glad I switched that shit off at half time. That score is a disgrace first round back from a big break.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why did CB Bulldogs cross the road?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That really was a painful game to watch! I don't think you can fully blame anyone in particular for where we are at though. It's not the board, nor just the coach, it's a combination of many factors, one massive one being our totally mismanaged cap. But one thing is for sure, we are fucking terrible. The club needs a total clean out!!
There was very little effort from anyone tonight, and zero energy. They looked like they knew they were going to lose. You would expect them to be jumping out of their skins to play after such a long layoff, and after their last game against the cowboys you would expect them all to be fired up wanting redemption. But they were meek as fuck.
I hope you're aware that you were the one calling people out all week for not being true supporters or for being negative. And tonight proved more than ever that people were right to doubt Pay.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had over spent on new contracts and had no choice to let players go to stay compliant.... thanks to Mr Dib
The dumbest thing is if we would've let Mbye & Woods and Graham run down their contracts our position wouldn't be much different. Not only that we lost players because of the way their team mates were treated, Klemmer, Morris twins.

What was the point in forcing those guys out early if we had to wait until 2021 any way? How does that make any sense? Wouldn't it have been better to run down the contracts and keep harmony within the club and wait for 2021.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dib, Castle, Hasler.

We’re still picking up the pieces.
How long are people going to use that excuse for ffs.

The Anderson's are incompetent. Got in because "Bulldogs DNA" ...

Running the club into the ground

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They went ok in round one so the potential is there, the scaremongering didn't help.
Manly sounded on song.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t believe everything you hear mate. They reckon we signed McCullough on a 5 year deal also.

If we’re this ordinary by this time next year then by all means cast your stones.
You said that last year when I wasn’t On the pay wagon, we had many discussions about it lol, you told me to cast stones in 2020, then I said I would give pay the benefit of the doubt this year and did, then when I do cast stones you say I’m not a true supporter lol,

look mate, each to their own opinion, not everyone is going to agree with you, but don’t cast stones yourself, take your own advice..!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let players go that other clubs will sign is the easy bit.. signing good players is the more difficult part..

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t believe everything you hear mate. They reckon we signed McCullough on a 5 year deal also.

If we’re this ordinary by this time next year then by all means cast your stones.
Yes we'll put,but I don't believe 90% of what I read,only dean pays,perseverance with players who have had 2 years and continue to do nothing,y sign katoa,if he's always in reserve grade,what does he have to loose by giving him an opportunity

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes we'll put,but I don't believe 90% of what I read,only dean pays,perseverance with players who have had 2 years and continue to do nothing,y sign katoa,if he's always in reserve grade,what does he have to loose by giving him an opportunity
Understand your frustrations but he doesn’t have a great deal of options.

We’ve got a fair few reserve graders playing first grade, and guess what - we’ve got even more reserve graders playing reserve grade.

If there was better options being overlooked then I’d agree with you but there really just isn’t the cattle amongst the ranks atm required to be successful.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You said that last year when I wasn’t On the pay wagon, we had many discussions about it lol, you told me to cast stones in 2020, then I said I would give pay the benefit of the doubt this year and did, then when I do cast stones you say I’m not a true supporter lol,

look mate, each to their own opinion, not everyone is going to agree with you, but don’t cast stones yourself, take your own advice..!!
He has obviously been sold a fairy tale that he has bought into and then tried to sell it in TK but the fairy tale is over and reality is setting in and he knows it scoob

2thebone

Waterboy
Reaction score
Pay has lost the dressing room. The players were zoning out during his half time talk. You could tell on their faces that they were not interested or didn’t value his advice. We don’t have the speed, power or creativity. Hard for any coach to get these sub standard first graders competing.

Farcanrefs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hang in there mate. 2021 is the year where the real improvements will kick in. Board, CEO and Coach were upfront about this reality a couple of years ago.
And what are those improvements to kick in next year? We have Thompson coming. We need a FB, a centre, 2 halves and a 9. Problem is that there isn't much available on the market next year. Pay MUST play Averillo and Wakeham in first grade. He has to move DWZ to the wing. He has to try Katoa at 9. We need a fit Foran. He has to do something different. Has to stop picking Lewis. I love this club and I will never stop supporting the Dogs but we've become a joke. I was willing to give Pay a chance but I'm done.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope you're aware that you were the one calling people out all week for not being true supporters or for being negative. And tonight proved more than ever that people were right to doubt Pay.
Geez your childish!! As I've said, it's not all pays fault, nor the board, or even just the team. If Pay had a team of superstars we would likely have a lot more competitive team. But currently we have close to 2.5 mil sitting on the sidelines, or deregistered, from what was already a very average team. CHN and Okunbour were 2 players who actually have a bit of X factor, and they're gone, so we need to find more of it.
I've supported Pay because of how many constraints he is under, and i don't think many coaches would have done a whole lot better. I mean the titans have hardly set the world on fire and they arguably have a better roster. But we need a massive overhaul because we are conditioned to losing. But it will be hard to attract quality players with what we are dishing up.
We need to blood all of our new young players, and promote the likes of To'omaga and RFM to the starting side, because Tolman and Napa are just not providing anything.
After waiting 2 months and then seeing what we dished up last night I'm as pissed off as everyone. But childish people as yourself just can't help themselves to turn this into, "I'm right, your wrong" bullshit.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They went ok in round one so the potential is there, the scaremongering didn't help.
Manly sounded on song.
I wasn't too disappointed at all after round one. But round 2 was diabolical, and sadly, after 2 months off, last night was even worse. I can't see how they could possibly not be up for a good game. That was just pathetic. And you could see how pissed off players like Jackson were because of how poor they played.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Geez your childish!! As I've said, it's not all pays fault, nor the board, or even just the team. If Pay had a team of superstars we would likely have a lot more competitive team. But currently we have close to 2.5 mil sitting on the sidelines, or deregistered, from what was already a very average team. CHN and Okunbour were 2 players who actually have a bit of X factor, and they're gone, so we need to find more of it.
I've supported Pay because of how many constraints he is under, and i don't think many coaches would have done a whole lot better. I mean the titans have hardly set the world on fire and they arguably have a better roster. But we need a massive overhaul because we are conditioned to losing. But it will be hard to attract quality players with what we are dishing up.
We need to blood all of our new young players, and promote the likes of To'omaga and RFM to the starting side, because Tolman and Napa are just not providing anything.
After waiting 2 months and then seeing what we dished up last night I'm as pissed off as everyone. But childish people as yourself just can't help themselves to turn this into, "I'm right, your wrong" bullshit.
No I'm not childish mate, but I wasn't the one attacking fans all week and getting on my high horse acting like the superior fan like you were. Once again like some others, you can dish it out but have a cry when it comes back your way.

Good to see you're not man enough to admit you were carrying on and attacking people unnecessarily when all they did was question whether Pay was the right coach. Which is a very legitimate question, especially after last night..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
That really was a painful game to watch! I don't think you can fully blame anyone in particular for where we are at though. It's not the board, nor just the coach, it's a combination of many factors, one massive one being our totally mismanaged cap. But one thing is for sure, we are fucking terrible. The club needs a total clean out!!
There was very little effort from anyone tonight, and zero energy. They looked like they knew they were going to lose. You would expect them to be jumping out of their skins to play after such a long layoff, and after their last game against the cowboys you would expect them all to be fired up wanting redemption. But they were meek as fuck.
It was the same game plan that we've been forced to watch for three seasons now. Regardless of the players, the style has become our standard; and predictable to the point of boredom.

Every play the ball, we have the opposition in our faces before the first pass; and any attack is stifled before we can move.
When the opposition have the ball, we give them all room they need to run to our defence, which stands and waits; and offers no threat or urgency.
In attack we run the same old one-out, and take the tackle.
When we have an overlap, the ball carrier either goes to ground, passes over the head of our unmarked winger, or passes back inside where the defence is concentrated.
On the fifth, we put up the same kick to an opposition back who has all the time in the world to take an easy mark, and run back toward halfway before we're ready to defend.
Then, there are the unforced errors due to our players constantly being under pressure. Too many lost balls, too many soft penalties given away because the team is frustrated.
Too slow.
Agonisingly slow in everything we do.
Other teams hit us at speed; but we just plod along with the ball and take the first tackle on offer.
When there is a rare break nobody is prepared to back up.
Lazy
Unfit