Was the Fix on? (Clear agenda)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Toia looks like a talent. Fair enough only seen him in reserves so far. But that kid seems to float around the field. Like so silky and smooth. Reminds me a little of Manu from the roosters. Just a skinnier quicker version.
Kid has shown enough for a 20 yr old to say he will make it down the line.. Khaled Rajab is another FB coming through the grades though he is more of a Gutherson type FB which isnt the worst thing.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Need a petition to stop Cummins from officiating our games for a while.
Mate please. That’s as effective as standing outside NRL Central chanting ‘What do we want, No Cummins, when do we want it, Now!’ (Oops I’ve just given @AlzzBulldog an idea) :-).

Absolute waste of time like the Convoy to Canberra was. What we need is better coaching, a couple of additional players (eg: a real 9) and stop looking for excuses elsewhere. Our destiny is in OUR hands.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What is relevant is that we need every call to go our way to win games. Good sides can handle bad calls, stay focused and stick to the task at hand.

The Dogs are weak in every facit of the game. We have no mental toughness and resolve, we roll over when things don't go our way, lose focus and lack discipline.

We have no leadership that can grab the side by the scruff of the neck and get the players to react to his words like a leader should.

To stay in the battles we need ruthless and stealy defence. Compared to the other teams we get rag dolled like we are high school kids versus men. No team fear us.

And you think ref's are our problem? Look harder and you will see that our poorly coached team of marshmallows aren't even on the same level of player talent than nearly 14 other teams.

We might jag a win here and there but if we can't earn 2 or 3 wins in a row then what are we doing in the NRL? This is the relevant question that needs to be asked.
With you 100%.

xanderalexander

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I rarely complain about the referee. I make an exception for Cummins though.

When it’s Cummins, it’s almost always bad news for the dogs. Don’t know of any other refs who consistently give the other team regular rubs of the green.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't play games with my heart...
I was looking for something different but stumbled across this one instead.

Unfortunately the words (especially the intro) ring so so true explaining our sick love affair...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I was looking for something different but stumbled across this one instead.

Unfortunately the words (especially the intro) ring so so true explaining our sick love affair...
Can you quote them?
I can’t bring myself to press play :-).

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rapana done 2 foul plays and still didnt get sin binned... shoulder to the head and impeding Jac without the ball in a try scoring opportunity... and you still think there isnt an agenda
3 challenges won in a row
dufty impeded by croker denying a certain try
jac try denied by a comical obstruction call
Jac runaway try denied after Cummins claimed he knocked on but he kicked the ball before it hit the ground and refused the challenge when we asked for it

This thread is not about our own game so keep it relevant
Yes I totally agree with you, Rapana got away with stuff. Seems suspect in the modern game, that those things weren’t pulled up.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The more I watch this, the more pissed off I get... Can't understand how Croker wasn't binned, or we get a penalty try.
You can clearly see Croker take out Duftys right hand/arm. He's always playing the man, not the ball.

Why is it that the Refs and Bunker always fuck us over on obstructions... Doesn't matter if we are attacking or defending, we will always get the rough end of the stick.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
true but was hoping someone in the media would see whats going on. sadly not likely
No won't happen.
Our only option appears to be suck it up.

Need to get ourselves in order and re-set. That means a total take over by Gus by the looks cos the answers just aren't there in the team at present.

Executing and winning is the only way to regain respectability and take out the ref influence.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That was exactly my own thoughts on the video.. Its clear the inconsistent referring performances are hurting our games.. I think our Captain challenges are getting better aswell so if we work on how we ensure we get them more to overcome poor calls and strategically use them in matches. Perhaps ref's will be forced to make better initial calls as they reflect on their judgement.
imagine if there is a trend on wrong calls during their matches that get reversed. They must be used as indicators by coaches when reviewing collectively with the games officials.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The more I watch this, the more pissed off I get... Can't understand how Croker wasn't binned, or we get a penalty try.
You can clearly see Croker take out Duftys right hand/arm.

Why is it that the Refs and Bunker always fuck us over on obstructions... Doesn't matter if we are attacking or defending, we will always get the rough end of the stick.
Feels like any other team would have got the tackled without the ball call...but of course no grey areas for Bulldogs possible tries. Ropana did more than contest for the ball as well I thought. Checked Duffit hard. Maybe accidental but happened nevertheless.

Certainly looked at least in the same vein as Mahoney's try last night but no, "only Bulldogs who cares".

Yes we have a chip on our shoulders.

Yes we know our coach and players aren't in the same class or what is required to be competitive in NRL atm.

Yes we also know we get extremely few 50/50's, rub of the green, luck, whatever you want to call it, as other teams do.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Feels like any other team would have got the tackled without the ball call...but of course no grey areas for Bulldogs possible tries. Ropana did more than contest for the ball as well I thought. Checked Duffit hard. Maybe accidental but happened nevertheless.

Certainly looked at least in the same vein as Mahoney's try last night but no, "only Bulldogs who cares".

Yes we have a chip on our shoulders.

Yes we know our coach and players aren't in the same class or what is required to be competitive in NRL atm.

Yes we also know we get extremely few 50/50's, rub of the green, luck, whatever you want to call it, as other teams do.
How on earth does mahoney get penalty try when he wasnt even certain to get to the line yet dufty was certain to score and dosent get it... what agenda they say

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me stupid but I have a massive issue with the obstruction rule and how it's officiated . To me no one was actually obstructed in the Addo Carr try. I know to the letter of the law they would find a way to rule it. But to me there was no real obstruction in that play. Heck no one from Canberra even throw there ups in theatrics like they normally would .