War with China.....Is on the cards

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ScuMmo’s a fucking idiot. You don’t pick on the schoolyard bully if you’re a haemophiliac. He only said it to brown nose Trump. Now he’s going to back down and look like the knife at a gunfight pussy cat he is.
I disagree.
All he said was, that it needs to be investigated.
Whats wrong with saying that?

Why would that piss off China?

What have they got to hide?

China should embrace the investigation. Not attack those who want to be proactive.

Investigating the cause is whats needed to figure out how to stop it. And avoid it happening again.

You can understand that, surely?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We couldn't rely on them anyway. Trump was very National. He was strongly in favour of cutting all military support to allies. If China attacked us he wouldn't do anything.

On the plus side, one of Biden's policies is to keep foreign military bases in allied countries which includes the US army base in Australia. As long as that is there then US have an interest in protecting Australian waters.

Plus there's the fact that the Obama administration were strongly in favour of protecting the South China Sea. Biden will follow suit with that.

There's basically no chance China could go to war with Australia without the US getting involved.
Too right Trump was a nationalist.
I expect that from any great leader, thats a great quality in your leader,

Would Trump leave us high and dry?
No he wouldnt.

But I suspect he would get involved as a bare minimum.
He wouldnt invest any more than he had to.
England would have to jump to our aid given we are still part of their empire so to speak.

I think we would be ok if the shit hit the fan. But id say China could well and truely fuck us up very swiftly before english and american involvment.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And no surprise its war monger/criminal Jim Molan speaking this bullshit to Murdoch press.

Most likely these dipshits are going to use this as an election point. They can't use boat people anymore so there's nothing else left in the cabinet.

Seriously anyone who buys this bullshit from Molan has been dropped on their head multiple times. China is already dominating the world from an economic perspective (that the idiot Trump greatly assisted), why the fuck would they go to war.
The article is an alarmist peice for sure.
No doubt about it,

But i wouldnt rule out the possibility.

I cant see China declaring war on Australia and going in all guns blazing blowing us up and military invasion.

But i can see them proding and probing and being agressive.

I wouldnt put it past them to take controll of waters and blow up australian ships, that kind of thing, to flex their muscule and use Australia as a warning to other nations.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The article is an alarmist peice for sure.
No doubt about it,

But i wouldnt rule out the possibility.

I cant see China declaring war on Australia and going in all guns blazing blowing us up and military invasion.

But i can see them proding and probing and being agressive.

I wouldnt put it past them to take controll of waters and blow up australian ships, that kind of thing, to flex their muscule and use Australia as a warning to other nations.
Yeah, it's unlikely. More likely China will just cut all trade with Australia knowing it'll cripple our economy. Then they'll offer aid for support.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, it's unlikely. More likely China will just cut all trade with Australia knowing it'll cripple our economy. Then they'll offer aid for support.
They really do have us over a barrel.
Im not defending scomo.
But i do feel for any Australian leader in this situation.

Its really a no win situation.
I dont think giving in to China is the answer.
I think we need to be strong.
Economically we could fall deep into depression.

But we will rise again.
I think we need to focus on other avenues other than China.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Liberal Senator Jim Molan says he’s concerned Australia’s nasty trade war with China could soon escalate to military conflict.

Australia’s relationship with the Asian superpower has rapidly deteriorated since Prime Minister Scott Morrison called for an inquiry into the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic, with tariffs slapped on Aussie exports including barley, beef, wine and coal.

Speaking to Sunrise, former Australian Army Major General Molan said war with China is “much more likely than is currently recognised” as he urged the federal government to immediately “prepare for the worst case scenario.”

Watch the interview in the video player above

Sharing his concerns, Molan said China had been “priming for war for a long, long time”.

“They are threatening Taiwan every day of the week and interfering in Japanese airspace,” he told the programme.

“They have stolen the South China Sea, contrary to any international rules and laws, they are picking fights with their neighbours around the world and they have extraordinary military capability, not just in rockets and aircraft but in overall capability to do things.

“They are primed for war and the other problem of course is that America as well is primed for war.

“This is a situation which is changing rapidly, and we have got to prepare for the worst case. It is not inevitable, but we have got to prepare.”
An ex military man only thinks in military terms. Molan has no idea what the Biden administration will do regarding China; and we have to wait many years for our new fighter jets and submarines before we can defend ourselves.

China doesn't need military solutions, it is winning the economic war; which is what is really getting up the west's nose. War is far more expensive than buying into a country's infrastructure and corporate businesses. Chinese spying is not about military superiority, but to get the jump on industries, and their copyrighted material so Chinese manufacturers can profit from it. That's what the west fears - loss of income to China, or becoming dependent on it for their own financial survival.

They forget that China was a super power for hundreds of years, and gloss over the fact that the USA has been the one invading other countries, and setting up military bases on Pacific Islands - even having bases in Australia that Australians are banned from visiting.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
An ex military man only thinks in military terms. Molan has no idea what the Biden administration will do regarding China; and we have to wait many years for our new fighter jets and submarines before we can defend ourselves.

China doesn't need military solutions, it is winning the economic war; which is what is really getting up the west's nose. War is far more expensive than buying into a country's infrastructure and corporate businesses. Chinese spying is not about military superiority, but to get the jump on industries, and their copyrighted material so Chinese manufacturers can profit from it. That's what the west fears - loss of income to China, or becoming dependent on it for their own financial survival.

They forget that China was a super power for hundreds of years, and gloss over the fact that the USA has been the one invading other countries, and setting up military bases on Pacific Islands - even having bases in Australia that Australians are banned from visiting.
Its absolutly right.
You really have me thinking now.

I totally get the point you have made in that post.

China, really is doing what we have allowed America to do for decades.

With one exception.
We have always managed to work with America.

It appears with China, they are far more ruthless and will completly dictate terms in their favour always.
Id be proud of that if i were Chinese.

I think its like drug dealers.
The gangland boss will make an example of a worthless runner to make sure everyone else falls into line.

Thats what China is doing to Australia.
They are giving us a brutal beating to send a message to other nations not to fuck with them.

Whilst it would appear other nations have nothing to gain and everything to lose if they support Australia.
I think the opposite.

Other nations need to send a message to China that tactic is unacceptable.

Dont give China that power.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They really do have us over a barrel.
Im not defending scomo.
But i do feel for any Australian leader in this situation.

Its really a no win situation.
I dont think giving in to China is the answer.
I think we need to be strong.
Economically we could fall deep into depression.

But we will rise again.
I think we need to focus on other avenues other than China.
Agreed. I think ScoMo made the rookie mistake though. Generally if you don't want to piss off anyone then just shut your mouth and stand back. ScoMo standing up to China to impress an outgoing President could only have one real result. Trouble for Australian trade.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agreed. I think ScoMo made the rookie mistake though. Generally if you don't want to piss off anyone then just shut your mouth and stand back. ScoMo standing up to China to impress an outgoing President could only have one real result. Trouble for Australian trade.
I’d still prefer a leader that stands up for us.
China are scum and I wish everyone stood up to their crap. If we can’t wipe them off the map then totally block them off

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No doubt about it.
He should have known better and even chosen his words better.

I cant quote exactly what he said, im sure you can find online if you searched.

But if he implyed clearly that his message was to support China in its investigation, china wouldnt not have got so pissed.

But you have to ask, why has China reacted so strongly to it?

Thats an important discussion to have.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d still prefer a leader that stands up for us.
China are scum and I wish everyone stood up to their crap. If we can’t wipe them off the map then totally block them off
I agree, we should trade elsewhere.
Short term loss for long term gain.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know it’s extremely difficult and expensive, particularly for us but if all countries work together it’s possible. Maybe covid can be a fresh start considering how broke we are now anyway. Let China, Russia and North Korea trade between themselves and see how they go without our iron ore etc

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Exaclty right.
Thats how you defeat the bully super power.
All the little ants need to band together to defeat the larger more piwerful spider.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I disagree.
All he said was, that it needs to be investigated.
Whats wrong with saying that?

Why would that piss off China?

What have they got to hide?

China should embrace the investigation. Not attack those who want to be proactive.

Investigating the cause is whats needed to figure out how to stop it. And avoid it happening again.

You can understand that, surely?
There’s nothing wrong with saying it, but just like how Abbott was going to ‘Shirtfront’ Putin over MH17, what actually happens beyond that? (Good story from Julie Bishop about the shirtfront by the way).

China and Trump are alike in one sense: they’re both bullies. Say something that disagrees with the rhetoric and boom - you’re ‘fake news’ or a ‘terrible reporter’.

What have they got to hide? In their way of thinking - everything! Admitting to being the source of the virus would show weakness. Yes, we see it differently but they don’t think on the world stage as the west tries to, except to jockey for a position of dominance.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
China doesn't need military solutions, it is winning the economic war; which is what is really getting up the west's nose.
Agree Chris, and Australia leading the way in banning Huawei participating in the building of our 5G networks (for security concerns) started a ripple effect China is dirty on (the US, UK, Canada and France among others) followed Australia’s lead.

Standing up for ourselves is great, but we’ve got to have the tools (not necessarily military ones) to come out on top. China has cut buying our Iron Ore significantly and is now buying up big from Brazil. China laying the cash on the table almost singlehandedly got us through the 2008 financial crisis. Our Government is well aware that we need to diversify our economy and our trading partners. It’s why climate change among others are hot button issues - less so because it might be the ‘right’ thing to do, but when your two biggest exports are coal and iron ore, you can’t replace that quickly.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with saying it, but just like how Abbott was going to ‘Shirtfront’ Putin over MH17, what actually happens beyond that? (Good story from Julie Bishop about the shirtfront by the way).

China and Trump are alike in one sense: they’re both bullies. Say something that disagrees with the rhetoric and boom - you’re ‘fake news’ or a ‘terrible reporter’.

What have they got to hide? In their way of thinking - everything! Admitting to being the source of the virus would show weakness. Yes, we see it differently but they don’t think on the world stage as the west tries to, except to jockey for a position of dominance.
Umm remember coronavirus started from Australian beef that arrived in China, remember they said it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exaclty right.
Thats how you defeat the bully super power.
All the little ants need to band together to defeat the larger more piwerful spider.
The pin dicks are smart, they start shit with weaker countries, being very careful not to piss off Mother Russia. Russia is the only country that can wipe them off the map single handedly.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We had Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard between 2007 and 2012, outside of that we've had the Liberals in government since 1997. They've dug us into this hole by not diversifying our trading partners.

Stop giving them a free pass.

And then by sheer incompetence, idiocy and because of his wooning after Donald j Trump, scummo goes and attacks China ON HIS OWN. The EU made clear they weren't going to say shit at the time. Scummo with delusions of grandeur went out ON HIS OWN and showed the world hes wooning over Donald j Trump.

Kevin Rudd even offered his services to this government, because he actually does have a relationship with China, to smooth things over and scummo ignored it.

This trouble we're having is purely self inflicted by complete stupid foreign policy/diplomacy actions.

Also by the way, by no means am I defending China, but you may want to ask South American countries if they see a difference between China and the US as far as foreign trade, interference is concerned. The CIA had a hand in past south American dictators, e.g pinochet.

Realise that foreign policy/diplomacy is a special field and has to be handled in a unique, careful way.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The pin dicks are smart, they start shit with weaker countries, being very careful not to piss off Mother Russia. Russia is the only country that can wipe them off the map single handedly.
I think in a global dispute, Russia isn't as well equipped with a huge Navy. Wouldn't think they'd be worried about defending their borders. But taking the fight overseas is a huge issue without that. And I'm not sure if they've got widespread bases in international regions to bolster long range capabilities. As such I think they'd struggle to dominate any global conflict. China has supposedly built a bigger fleet now than the US.

I'll freely admit that I'm not a fan of the Lib/Nat party regardless of who's been in charge since I started following politics a bit more. Econo actually scares me a bit. He's faced a huge amount of criticism since taking over and seems willing to take absolutely huge risks of he thinks it'll improve his popularity.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
why the fuck would they go to war.
Because there’s still whinny the pooh merchandise about and Xi ping ping will not rest till honour is restored and he still has the shits how Thai restaurants have flooded Australia and taken the throne away from bowling club Chinese which once ruled Australia dinning