News Vaccine stance a major sticking point for Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So hard to prove where infection came from tho so that's a slippery slope of blame?

As someone said....every team will probably have several players get it as it spreads thru the population....unvaxxed will get worse symptoms/infection I guess.

Top 30 will need to be Top 40.
Yep but the players who are unvaxxed have a much greater chance of catching it so the NRL could hold them financially responsible for any delays. Could be just a scare tactic though.

I had a mate who got it despite being double vaxxed because his child caught it.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let Thompson go and replace him with who? I want to see how he goes with better players around him
I didnt say replace him you did , but seeing as you asked we might be able to lure Kikau over

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To call someone an imbecile because they dont want to get tge vac is being ignorant..has the NRL come out and said players must get vacced? Unless that happens he has a choice to do what he wants
The Bulldogs are his employer,its like you refusing a drug test at your work what would happen then?
He does have a choice to not get vaxxed but the Bulldogs have the right to sack him too.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He wont be allowed back in the UK if not vaxed. So he should get it done and get on with his career.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didnt say replace him you did , but seeing as you asked we might be able to lure Kikau over
We have TPJ and don't need another strike second rower. Vaughan has a 1 year contract and if Thompson was moved on we'd desperately need a quality prop. Maybe if TPJ played middle it'd work but Kikau's price tag's going to be huge and we all know we need to spend in the spine.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As of right now no unvaccinated player will be playing in Melbourne by Vic government regulations. So I don’t know how that works for The NRL if they’re not gonna policy on it. And what happens if QLD and NSW follow?

Are clubs expected to pay players who can’t play because of “personal choice”?
While NSW hasn't said it mandatory for the sports industry but it is mandatory to enter the stadiums so how can he play next year.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
After Dec 1 I dont see any restriction apart from interstate travel - according to the Roadmap the Public Health Order requiring proof of vaccination ends.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep but the players who are unvaxxed have a much greater chance of catching it so the NRL could hold them financially responsible for any delays. Could be just a scare tactic though.

I had a mate who got it despite being double vaxxed because his child caught it.
I just can't see them going after individual players tho. It would be so hard to prove and get kicked out of court.

NRLol havent even got the backbone to take the responsibility off the players club by mandating as AFL have, so I can't see them taking on that controversy:grinning:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like Thompson as a player although his defence needs major work but this just adds more potential for him to miss more games and when you add that to his suspension record it ain’t pretty. If we can move him on with a deal that suits I’d take it.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he refuses and no club will take him due to new rules, we’re fucked I’d say. We’d have to pay contract out in full.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
After Dec 1 I dont see any restriction apart from interstate travel - according to the Roadmap the Public Health Order requiring proof of vaccination ends.
Thats true but at the drop of a hat, we may have targetted lockdowns or mandatory 2 doses IF this gets out of control OR to a level that the pollies know that the population will not accept a lot of overloaded hospitals or deaths. Dont forget the upcoming election :grinning:

All footy teams will need to feel as compliant as possible to conduct business and safe for all those players who ARE vaxxed and ready to go to deal with these possible eventualities with ALL their roster including coaches, staff and players.

We could be locked in, or out, of say Qld or Vic if we have unvaxxed players or staff.

The club have to plan for all these scenarios and that makes it 100% more difficult with unvaxxed players....what do the vaxxed guys (and their families/children) think about Thommo being around the group.

How's that GC AFL player travelling today?

Reactions: ATT
Status
Not open for further replies.